mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Hate the Supras BTW. Love the 300ZX and the 3000GT VR4s. Don't like the Stealths at all. too subtle.

never was a supra fan either. but love the 300ZX, 3000GT VR4 and Subaru WRX STI's as well :P

AWD Turbo cars = :wub:

The 3000GT VR4 was geared for 215 from the factory and is designed to be a highway cruiser. I love the shit out of the car but perpendicular mounted V6 is a little bit of a turn off. Also think that the leaking sunroof would suck, as well as all the little bells and whistles that seem to fail (dynamic spoiler, active suspension, and air dams, etc...)

But I like the look of the car for sure and feel like I would feel safe hauling ass down the highway

am I completely wrong when I remember that some of the old 3000GT top end models had some form of all wheel stearing of some kind?

yep, one of the most gizmo'd out cars of the late eighties/early nineties. AWD, four wheel steering, electronically controlled suspension, etc. etc.

Hate the Supras BTW. Love the 300ZX and the 3000GT VR4s. Don't like the Stealths at all. too subtle.

never was a supra fan either. but love the 300ZX, 3000GT VR4 and Subaru WRX STI's as well :P

AWD Turbo cars = :wub:

The 3000GT VR4 was geared for 215 from the factory and is designed to be a highway cruiser. I love the shit out of the car but perpendicular mounted V6 is a little bit of a turn off. Also think that the leaking sunroof would suck, as well as all the little bells and whistles that seem to fail (dynamic spoiler, active suspension, and air dams, etc...)

But I like the look of the car for sure and feel like I would feel safe hauling ass down the highway

am I completely wrong when I remember that some of the old 3000GT top end models had some form of all wheel stearing of some kind?

yep, one of the most gizmo'd out cars of the late eighties/early nineties. AWD, four wheel steering, electronically controlled suspension, etc. etc.

that fucker did drive goofy.

Call me crazy but I've always liked the looks of the Japanese cars from the '60s and '70s, specifically the Mazda RX-3 & RX-4, first gen Celicas, first and second gen Coronas, first gen Corolla, and the Honda S500/S600/S800s.

Stopped at O'reilly to borrow the code reader since the CEL is on in the truck.

Misfire on cyl 3. Asked the guy which one was cylinder 3 on an LS, no one there had any idea :eek:

I had a guy tell me which cylinder was which on my expy when I had my cyl 6 misfire. He pointed to it in the engine bay. When I got home, I looked down and the ford cyl diagram on the radiator cover showed a completely different cyl.

:facepalm:

I've only found intelligent parts people at Car Quest and Napa here, everyone else is a retard I think.

this wasn't even a guy at a parts store, this was a tech at a generic repair shop.

this wasn't even a guy at a parts store, this was a tech at a generic repair shop.

Still holds true, the Sears repair place tried to screw one of my friends over on the parts list when she took her '86 Supra in to them.

Their list of things that needed to be changed to make it road worthy included some of these things (plus a couple more I can't remember)

Front brake pads and rotors (badly grooved)

Rear brakes

Power Steering Flush

F/R Shocks

F/R Struts

and a few other bs things

I changed the brakes myself, the rotors were just fine, and the pads were not even to the metal sections in them so it couldn't have grooved the rotors if she tried. Buch of crooks I tell ya.

The car is in great shape, runs good, and they are trying to give here a couple thousand dollars in repairs just to make it road worthy again? They can go fuck themselves.

I won't even trust those people to change my oil. They would probably put 5 qts in it when it needs 7.5.

Is it really that hard to make money being an honest competent mechanic?

The car is in great shape, runs good, and they are trying to give here a couple thousand dollars in repairs just to make it road worthy again? They can go fuck themselves.

My wife blew a tire in -20 degree weather. When she took it in to get it replaced after I put the spare on they told her by law they couldn't let her leave because her front tires were so bald and the only tire they had that would fit her cobalt was a 200 bucks unless they changed all 4 because she had super fast rated tires on the other 2.

The Manager, who was the guy she was talking to, only spent 5 min talking to me then went sent a tech in. His excuse was in Iowa(or some other state) you can't leave a shop when the car is in "undrivable condition". I told him to take me to the car now and measure the tread in front of me on what ever gauge they use. He wouldn't.

I walked out paying 100 for the tire, and if it wasn't the only shop open and so freezing cold and the tire was already on the lift and none of the rims on I would have told them to put them back on and give us the car back and we would take it somewhere else the next day. The other customers could tell I was furious though I never once lost my temper outwardly or yelled. I did however call my best friends wife who is a lawyer and her dads an editor in the local paper within ear shot of other people in the store.

=)

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) -- "Racer X's" vanity plate just does not compute in city computers - and it's helped him rack up about $19,000 in tickets in Birmingham, Ala.

Scottie Roberson bought a vanity plate with seven X's to pay homage to his racer nickname. But that causes a bit of a snafu when parking patrols put the plate into the system. Officials usually put seven X's in place of the number for cars without license plates.

Roberson said the mix-up has led him to get as many as 10 tickets in a day.

Birmingham Traffic Engineer Gregory Dawkins said the city may change the system to keep Roberson from receiving more tickets. He says "maybe we just need to leave that part blank altogether."

Call me crazy but I've always liked the looks of the Japanese cars from the '60s and '70s, specifically the Mazda RX-3 & RX-4, first gen Celicas, first and second gen Coronas, first gen Corolla, and the Honda S500/S600/S800s.

You're crazy.

Stopped at O'reilly to borrow the code reader since the CEL is on in the truck.

Misfire on cyl 3. Asked the guy which one was cylinder 3 on an LS, no one there had any idea :eek:

I had a guy tell me which cylinder was which on my expy when I had my cyl 6 misfire. He pointed to it in the engine bay. When I got home, I looked down and the ford cyl diagram on the radiator cover showed a completely different cyl.

:facepalm:

I've only found intelligent parts people at Car Quest and Napa here, everyone else is a retard I think.

And now you have to say that like reh-tard instead of ree-tard. So much funnier!

I am such a nerd. Going to rearrange my room so I'm plugging it into Autocad for the layout and dimensions.

Penn State won. A lot of unhappy students though.

KU lost to fucking Colorado. Can't believe that shit. Well all the analysts were looking for a reason to drop KU from the charts, now they have it. KU may win one game the rest of the year. Their defense is such utter shit it's hard to watch. Time to look forward to basketball season. Thank goodness exhibitions begin in two weeks.

KU lost to fucking Colorado. Can't believe that shit.

And K-State opened up a new can of whoop-ass. :)

The Big 12 North is so f'd up this year. Nobody appears to want to win it.

KU lost to fucking Colorado. Can't believe that shit.

And K-State opened up a new can of whoop-ass. :)

That was crazy. Completely flip-flopped from the week before. They lost like, what, 62-14 to texas tech and then this week won 62-14 against A&M?

Yep, got our ass whooped, then we just turned around and killed A&M

wife and jack on on the bean bag nappy together using opposing snoring methods. I have turned the TV up 3 times

On that note the muscle car foose mustang should be ugly..... but it's so pretty

Foose = gold

Go Vikes!

crowd was SMALL downtown today at 8. usually it's jam packed by then around the dome.