mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The commentator said that win or lose Flaco could say he went head to head with favre and stood his ground.

I could swear I didn't see favre play one play on defense :P

It is better for the resume to have undergrad and grad schools be in different states though. Perhaps in Texas this isn't the case as there is a tendency to be pro-Texan there more than other states, but in the long run well rounded and experience is more important.

Might be good for the resume (might not, dunno) but its hard to beat either UT Austin's or UH's business schools when I take into consideration how close they are to my current location. The closest business school to offer as good an education as either UT or UH is the University of Chicago. Georgia might be closer but I doubt it...heard some good things about University of Denver too...

Stopped at O'reilly to borrow the code reader since the CEL is on in the truck.

Misfire on cyl 3. Asked the guy which one was cylinder 3 on an LS, no one there had any idea :eek:

2nd one from the front, driver's side

Thanks, figured they counted differently than what I was used to. Time to pull the plug.

all SBCs are odd numbers on the drivers side, even on the passengers, counting from the front

if it hasn't been done, plugs/wires would probably be a good idea

Hasn't been done, but being for sale it might just get one plug. Could be a mucky injector I suppose, haven't bothered to look or worry about it as it is pretty intermiddent.

Hmm, mucky injector = time for an italian tune-up ? :P

Once again I am wrong, Atlanta is half the distance to my current location as Chicago

:lol2:

The commentator said that win or lose Flaco could say he went head to head with favre and stood his ground.

I hate commentators nowadays, they just say some of the dumbest shit. Sometimes there opinions are useless to the actual sport. So if Flaco would of did bad then they would of said Bret Farve shut him down I guess. :suicide-santa:

I probably shouldn't be looking for an XC90 sport for her as the 19" tires are absurd. I really prefer the way the body is clad, perhaps I can get the dealer to swap rims with an all season equivalent although I hate that idea as well.

Don't know that I'd be towing a boat with that thing, but they are nice. You want to talk about a quiet ride. . . . They made one in Europe with a small V8. I'd like to get my hands on one of them and throw it in an AWD 500. Same platform. . .

Has a V8, another Ford/Yamaha amalgamation. 5000lb towing capacity to boot and with a 6/100k bumper to bumper your damn right I'll tow my boat with it :)

NO shit? Last I knew they were Euro-spec only. I'd like to know how they got that thing stiff enough to tow that weigh. I don't think you'll have to worry too much about the warranty. Surprisingly, as expensive as they can be to repair, insurance is really cheap for them. In comparison to their other European (read German) counterparts, they are really a bargain in all aspects.

I don't know if the XC90 has it, but all their cars have a waterfall type console/dash. IT's open behind and it really ties the dash into the rest of the car. I loved the interior of the C30s and S40/60s I drove last year.

I still would like an S60R.

The S40R that I reviewed for Momentum had that dash. Great little car that is often forgotten.

They made an R version of the 40??!!!

Sorry, I meant T5. Must have been the Alpine topic had posted in just prior. :Doh:

... and Fuck Exxon

:(

3.9, two B's in 4 years, Those two B's were in theory based math classes. Was VP and President of a volunteer organization that won highest awards in the organization, lead tech for transmission in my senior design project (rotating machinery anyone?) Member of the engineering honor society, recipient of an award only two people in the Mech engineering program recieved (the other guy did get an offer from Exxon), recipient of an award only 2 people in the Houston area received, etc...

wtf else do you need???

A master's degree. Seriously. I ran into that problem when thinking about oil companies with my geology degree. Wouldn't even look at you really without one.

Where is best to get plane tickets?

Depends on from what airline, but using sidestep/kayak is the easiest to narrow things down. Note as all, they don't do SWest, JetBlue etc...

Looks like it will be 200-250 round trip to Maryland. Doesn't seem to bad to me

yep, I said Maryland, Aaron. :) Will you be around in May of 2010?

Should be. :)

Pappa's Restaurants would not put me in their management internship because I lacked managerial experience; no shit dumbass that's why I am applying for the internship...

When i talked to a guy from Exxon at the invitational job fair, he saw the word internship on my resume and said, "so you haven't had any Co-Ops?"

So spending my summers wisely to gain work experience and to graduate with a double major in 4 years as opposed to people take 5 years for the one engineering degree isn't as cool as taking 5 years to graduate with practically the same amount of work experience?

A lot of times those people just look for certain things, that's it, and mainly just because it's tradition. Doesn't make it right or fair or even logical in some cases, but it is what it is. They go through a thousand applications looking only for degrees and internships. The end. If internship isn't on the resume, it's thrown away.

Pappa's Restaurants would not put me in their management internship because I lacked managerial experience; no shit dumbass that's why I am applying for the internship...

When i talked to a guy from Exxon at the invitational job fair, he saw the word internship on my resume and said, "so you haven't had any Co-Ops?"

So spending my summers wisely to gain work experience and to graduate with a double major in 4 years as opposed to people take 5 years for the one engineering degree isn't as cool as taking 5 years to graduate with practically the same amount of work experience?

A lot of times those people just look for certain things, that's it, and mainly just because it's tradition. Doesn't make it right or fair or even logical in some cases, but it is what it is. They go through a thousand applications looking only for degrees and internships. The end. If internship isn't on the resume, it's thrown away.

One of the realist things ever said, I go to Car Audio shops to get a job and they say do you have any shop experience and I tell them no (all my other experiences and qualifications give me the opportunity to work there) but since I dont have any shop experience they wont hire me, but how do you get some shop experience if nobody gives you a chance. I go and apply for management jobs(small simple ones) and since I dont have any management experience (but I have a bachelors degree in business and know more about running a business then some of the people who worked their way up from stock boy to that management spot). How do you gain experience in doing some things if nobody is willing to give you a chance, its unfair but then again life is unfair (just gotta take the punches and roll with them).

Thanks for your reply Godsmack. I felt the guy was a little out of line but knew I had no place to make the argument.

Mustang 65 did a good job of keeping his argument civil though

Just a guy trying to take advantage anywhere possible. I have as much respect for military personnel as the next guy, but you chose to enter the military the same way I chose to get a job here. You get paid for your work just like I do for mine. I get a bunch of discounts because I work for the state but I damn sure don't expect one anywhere. I chose to work for the state instead of a private company, where I could have probably made more money, just like he probably could have made more money in another job rather than in the military. It's public service. Either you are fine with it and continue to do it, or get out and do something else.

heart is somewhere around 170bpm right now

Mine was too. I am still in disbelief.

Derdorf is a fool.

Thanks for your reply Godsmack. I felt the guy was a little out of line but knew I had no place to make the argument.

Mustang 65 did a good job of keeping his argument civil though

Just a guy trying to take advantage anywhere possible. I have as much respect for military personnel as the next guy, but you chose to enter the military the same way I chose to get a job here. You get paid for your work just like I do for mine. I get a bunch of discounts because I work for the state but I damn sure don't expect one anywhere. I chose to work for the state instead of a private company, where I could have probably made more money, just like he probably could have made more money in another job rather than in the military. It's public service. Either you are fine with it and continue to do it, or get out and do something else.

Thats what I said, he choose to get that job (I personally feel like everybody should get discounts not just one particular group of individuals). I would like to see peopl help out the older generation who have to buy all this expensive medicine to live that medical insurance companies dont care about since they raise the prices (plus most of these expensive medicines cause more harm than what there intended for anyway, so why not make them cheaper). Just shows how good of a country we live in.

That was one of the best games I have seen in a while. Not to mention, it was a fairly well ref'ed game. No refs getting their back pockets stuffed by Brady or all of Pittsburgh.

I have some big ol' shrimp shipped from my family in Louisiana thawing out in my refrigerator. What is a good yet simple way to make them? Not sure if I want to put them in anything or just eat them alone. I think they are kinda too big to put in anything, though of course I could chop them up.

I have some big ol' shrimp shipped from my family in Louisiana thawing out in my refrigerator. What is a good yet simple way to make them? Not sure if I want to put them in anything or just eat them alone. I think they are kinda too big to put in anything, though of course I could chop them up.

When I make shrimp, I either put them on the grill or in a pan on the stove and throw some butter, garlic seasoning and some pepper for seasoning and let them do some sauteeing in there (just depends if its a quick meal or a big dinner). I guess it also depends on your taste or preference too.

Stopped at O'reilly to borrow the code reader since the CEL is on in the truck.

Misfire on cyl 3. Asked the guy which one was cylinder 3 on an LS, no one there had any idea :eek:

2nd one from the front, driver's side

Thanks, figured they counted differently than what I was used to. Time to pull the plug.

all SBCs are odd numbers on the drivers side, even on the passengers, counting from the front

if it hasn't been done, plugs/wires would probably be a good idea

Hasn't been done, but being for sale it might just get one plug. Could be a mucky injector I suppose, haven't bothered to look or worry about it as it is pretty intermiddent.

Hmm, mucky injector = time for an italian tune-up ? :P

Italian tune up? Isn't that a rebuild?

... and Fuck Exxon

3.9, two B's in 4 years, Those two B's were in theory based math classes. Was VP and President of a volunteer organization that won highest awards in the organization, lead tech for transmission in my senior design project (rotating machinery anyone?) Member of the engineering honor society, recipient of an award only two people in the Mech engineering program recieved (the other guy did get an offer from Exxon), recipient of an award only 2 people in the Houston area received, etc...

wtf else do you need???

A master's degree. Seriously. I ran into that problem when thinking about oil companies with my geology degree. Wouldn't even look at you really without one.

Hard to have a master's in an entry level position. Any one I was competing with didn't have a master's. Hell, they didn't have a double major either. The double major really has done nothing for me as no potential employer has even mentioned it.

... and Fuck Exxon

wtf else do you need???

Work experience is a valid alternative to a Masters, perhaps prefereed depending but I realize that its a bit of a catch 22.

That was one of the best games I have seen in a while. Not to mention, it was a fairly well ref'ed game. No refs getting their back pockets stuffed by Brady or all of Pittsburgh.

we are fair in the giant marshmallow

Soak them in olive oil, a ton of garlic, and some kosher salt. Grill or broil until they are done. :) YUMMY.

When I make shrimp, I either put them on the grill or in a pan on the stove and throw some butter, garlic seasoning and some pepper for seasoning and let them do some sauteeing in there (just depends if its a quick meal or a big dinner). I guess it also depends on your taste or preference too.

Didn't read this, but want to clarify that fresh garlic is really the key in what I recommended. Garlic powder is an alternative but you have to use way less as it tastes synthetic. I only use powder in rubs actually.

... and Fuck Exxon

wtf else do you need???

Work experience is a valid alternative to a Masters, perhaps prefereed depending but I realize that its a bit of a catch 22.

Guess I forgot to mention my work experience. Worked for over a year for a company where I worked in the Exxon refinery. and Worked an internship for a summer at Praxair and kept a part time job there until the following summer when I had to take classes.

4e3fa-pulling_up_jeans.gif