SpeakerBoy

Lovin tha bass, but is it worth it?

my friend is on the verge of purchasing two pioneer competition woofers. the 2kw rms ones, and most likely, two t20001bd amps. that, or, two 1500d's (i am trying to push him towards sundown, hear alot of good stuff from the customers). how would you guys recommend we prepare his WRX for competition? it is a monster of of the RF 200.2 we put in this weekend, and we are almost afraid of 20 times the power. his trunk is shaped in such a way that it is a vented box, inside of a vented box. it has a little passage thingy into the cabin that it pushes the air through, it sounds quite good, (when i can keep him from cranking it up and clipping it) finally got the measurements :lol: but noone cares about my other thread anymore :(

The box dimensions are 32in W 17.5in D 15.5in H and it is 1.5 cubes a chamber. i didnt get a chance to measure the port, tape measure got jammed. but odd thing, the port is a "T" shape. box is like this (bottom of picture is front) [_T_] the "T" being the port. how do i measure that?

Meter time is best to prepare your vehicle for a competition. You'll want to know where to set your gains, adjust your deck etc for the SPL burp. Other things like moving seats, visors, will help you achieve the maximum possible score in your car given its current condition. If you don't know anyone with a meter or a shop doesn't have one, ask the judge before the show if you can do some test runs, before or even after the show. Have an experienced competitor help you if possible. Organizations like MECA are very helpful in doing this at the show.

Meter time is best to prepare your vehicle for a competition. You'll want to know where to set your gains, adjust your deck etc for the SPL burp. Other things like moving seats, visors, will help you achieve the maximum possible score in your car given its current condition. If you don't know anyone with a meter or a shop doesn't have one, ask the judge before the show if you can do some test runs, before or even after the show. Have an experienced competitor help you if possible. Organizations like MECA are very helpful in doing this at the show.

thanks, i have never competed before, really want to be a champ :)

don't worry about anything. you will do fine. main thing is that you have fun. i've been entering comps here in hawaii for jus around 2 years and i have never heard anyone put down anybody. you gotta remember that they are there because they love to do the same thing you do! anyways jus have fun and be sure to keep us updated on how u did!

You should enter your book bag into competitions.

.............FAIL

You should enter your book bag into competitions.

.............FAIL

no... I do believe YOU fail for even thinking that thing up.

If this kid wasn't that immature I would take him seriously, but its kinda hard when this 14 year old wants to put a wall in his very FIRST car, start off with a 2000 dollar system, and last but not least, dedicates a book bag full of speakers.

I'm sorry, but please, just grow up.

when he does a back pack people make fun and tell him to find a car and take ideas to it...

and then when he finds a car to do work in you make fun of him for makinf a backpack

i dont understand this logic.

when he does a back pack people make fun and tell him to find a car and take ideas to it...

and then when he finds a car to do work in you make fun of him for makinf a backpack

I agree with Jon, you guys should act your own age and grow up, let him be 14. Stop being arsehos.

I agree with Jon, you guys should act your own age and grow up, let him be 14. Stop being arsehos.

Thank you. And Jon, i dont get the logic either, i take advice, and i am wrong for doing what they told me to do...?

Update, car is falling apart, even shakin the back seat loose (it doesnt fold like a normal car, it is bolted down, with a thing in the middle that goes into the trunk. The left tail-light is coming loose, and rattles up a storm, as well as something under the car (probably a bad thing, seeing as for the past three days we have been trying to figure it out, and have come up with nothing...) what is the best price-to-product ratio for sound dampening materials? only ones i know of are dynamat, d-amplifier, and hushmat. hopefully, it isnt a buttload of cash and we can deaden relatively soon, rattling is heard over the bass :( but other than that, we need to get some door speakers, and some tweets. and oh yeah, an amp for the doors, dedicating HU for tweets directly. if anyone has any suggestions, just....uhh....well post :lol: teacher is coming up to my row, have to go :( thanks for any advice,

-Chris

Thank you. And Jon, i dont get the logic either, i take advice, and i am wrong for doing what they told me to do...?

Update, car is falling apart, even shakin the back seat loose (it doesnt fold like a normal car, it is bolted down, with a thing in the middle that goes into the trunk. The left tail-light is coming loose, and rattles up a storm, as well as something under the car (probably a bad thing, seeing as for the past three days we have been trying to figure it out, and have come up with nothing...) what is the best price-to-product ratio for sound dampening materials? only ones i know of are dynamat, d-amplifier, and hushmat. hopefully, it isnt a buttload of cash and we can deaden relatively soon, rattling is heard over the bass :( but other than that, we need to get some door speakers, and some tweets. and oh yeah, an amp for the doors, dedicating HU for tweets directly. if anyone has any suggestions, just....uhh....well post :lol: teacher is coming up to my row, have to go :( thanks for any advice,

-Chris

You wanna dedicate a HU (head unit I am assuming) to just tweets? My head unit can control the speakers with one setting and the sub on a completely different setting.

The current head unit I have is the 2008 Pioneer Premier. You should look into that one. Its on the SSA shop too.

Edited by hondaccord

Not hatin or ne thing but once that kid gets his car..

He will relize how much car audio really is when he has to pay for gas and other expenses..

Unless his parents will pay fer everything..

I found out the hard way by paying for everything myself..

He will find out once he turns 16 and gets his first whip.

-Chris

Look into RAAmat for your deadening needs.

Screw ppl that are hating on you, You are 14... those are the good years, do all the chit you want to a car, stupid or not. These are the years we all look back to going " I can't believe i did that, and I had so much fun doing this. " Live it up while you can! Once yout get in the work force and in your 20's time flys by so fast it's stupid.

Josh

You wanna dedicate a HU (head unit I am assuming) to just tweets? My head unit can control the speakers with one setting and the sub on a completely different setting.

The current head unit I have is the 2008 Pioneer Premier. You should look into that one. Its on the SSA shop too.

i mean output wise. like, the head unit speaker outputs go to the tweets, and the signals for everything else go to the amps. :lol:

Why don't you pick up a SAX100.4 and go active with just the amp? What exactly are you looking at for a front stage?

don't just throw extra tweeters in there. If you are putting in coaxials, they have tweeters, and that's enough. If you're doing components, they also have tweeters, and that's enough. No need for more than 2 tweeters up there.

If you wanna throw some tweeters in the back, just snatch the 2 off your backpack instead of buying more ;) ... that's awesome IMO, I had a pimped out bike when I was 13-14... It was decked out with tweets, 6x9's and a lil 6 i think haha

maybe hes gonna break in to peoples cars and steal their systems when he gets older.

personally, i think this whole thread is bullchit. hes just making this up for S&G.

Why don't you pick up a SAX100.4 and go active with just the amp? What exactly are you looking at for a front stage?

well, something nice and crisp, pretty high end, not like 'focal' good but you know, not like wal mart stuff. want it to be able to blend together. maybe SEAS?

also, how good are pioneer tweeters and mids? not too expensive, but are they worth what you pay? i was lookin at the five-way's....:lol:

Edited by DeepSubBoy

well, something nice and crisp, pretty high end, not like 'focal' good but you know, not like wal mart stuff. want it to be able to blend together. maybe SEAS?

also, how good are pioneer tweeters and mids? not too expensive, but are they worth what you pay? i was lookin at the five-way's....:lol:

Okay, you just listed pretty much all the options. haha. How would you feel about going active?

maybe hes gonna break in to peoples cars and steal their systems when he gets older.

personally, i think this whole thread is bullchit. hes just making this up for S&G.

OKAY. YOU are seriously becoming much, much more annoying than DSB. Where did you draw this conclusion from?

with the tone you come across with, I'd pin you as 500 times more likely to do that.