jrogoskiphotos

RD Audio 18" Alpha V.2...?

Im bout to buy 2x 18" RD Audio Alpha V.2 subs from someone on here.... I was wondering if anyone knew the recommended airspace for each sub, and the best tuning frequency for these subs as well.... as of now, I have a box designed for both at 13 ft3 after port displacement and drivers and crap with a port space of 177 square inches and 20" long tuned to 34hz.... so basically im giving each sub around 6.5 ft3 tuned to 34hz ..... to me, this seems good, but I was wondering if anyone on here has played with these subs and if you could give me your opinion on the best box to run these things in? RDAudio.net doesn't have the box recommendations up yet... sooooo help please.... Im gonna be running a RD 3250.1D at 1ohm to em for now, until I get the RD Audio 18" Heavyweights and another RD 3250.1D.... then I'll be pushing 3000w rms to each Heavyweight 18" ..... so to add on to my box question, when I build this box for the Alpha V.2 18's, do you think the Alpha recommendations would be the same for the heavyweights as well? So basically, will the Alpha box work with the Heavyweights as well? Or will I have to build a new box for the heavyweights?

Ok, im tired of asking questions.... I wish I could find the damn box recommendations for these subs :blink:

good luck fittin that in that car, there is a guy that host some comps around here and he has 2 rd 18s in a hatchback, he is usin the same amp as you too, idk which type of subs they are, but he had to go seal for lack of space for the subs. hes got a triple baffle to hold the woofers on top of the box that already had a triple baffle front.

as for using the same box for both types. i think if you look at the Bl of the subs, if they are very close to the same the box size should( i think )stay the same.

yeah, trust me, its gonna be tight.... I first measured my available airspace w/o displacement.....then I got on my computer and calculated everything up, and I had just enough space... the box is actually gonna be shaped like a "T"... Im having to try to squeese some airspace out this car, but its gonna work.... Im obviously taking my backseats out too...... the box is gonna have 2 dif widths, one is gonna be 46" wide(where the back seats are now) and the other part of the box is gonna be 31" wide( in the hatch part), then its gonna be 24" high, and a total of 36" deep (15" deep in the hatch part and 21" deep in the back seat part) and the port is gonna be 29.5wx6hx20d.... im only using .75 " mdf except the top, the top will be 1.5" mdf ...... then im just gonna have a chit load of internal bracing (which I also calculated into the airspace) .... the box is gonna be subs up,port back....

Im bout to buy 2x 18" RD Audio Alpha V.2 subs from someone on here...

Who on here is selling RD?

Im bout to buy 2x 18" RD Audio Alpha V.2 subs from someone on here...

Who on here is selling RD?

I am selling him mine :D

go up on youtube and look up singaboy311. he has that same shape of box. subs up, port back, whole nine yards. he has 9ft3 not sure if its each or total, but they are the LMS Ultras, so i am leaning on each....anyway, just look up his vids of the 15's, and the throw-it-up video, they show the sides of the box, same general shape and chit, if that helps at all. probably not. whatevr, cant wait to see this done!

I am running 2- 18" RD alpha's v.2 atm. I really like these subs.. As far as enclosure recommendations, I took Steve Millers advice..

12'^3 tuned to 35 hz. 80"^2 of port... Subs up port back. I am likely to add another 18 before to long. Let me know if you have any questions. Here is a vid.