selftc

ixl10 goodness

delivered today. seems very well built. great looking piece. unfortunately it may be a week or two before it sees power.

462_340.jpg

462_341.jpg

462_342.jpg

462_343.jpg

462_344.jpg

props to both ssa and mach5 for excellent customer service. ::thumbs up::

Those look absolutley menacing!

Very nice subs.

Nice, I have been thinking of getting one to try out, I do love the menacing appearance.

Chad

Glad it got there safe and sound. It is a very hearty driver. I really don't understand why more people are not grabbing them for the price.

I wonder along with denim. Mine hides behind my couch now, but it sure sounds sexy!

When people ask about the Q/Icon type drivers, but don't want to spend more then $200, the IXL is one of the first options always mentioned. :)

Very kind words there guys. And thanks for the plugs Aaron, despite having your own mandate... :P

And I dont think they need a big enclosure either..

Sealed, just big enough to enclose the driver is about right. Ported, not much bigger than that.

Sealed, just big enough to enclose the driver is about right. Ported, not much bigger than that.

Hahaha! We should call you "Mr. 0.707" :D

:bigclap:

Now people are just getting me all excited for my IXL10....... If only I had the time to finish the box for it!

Jono

Well, I couldn't go to .85 even because the sub wouldn't fit in a box that small. The fun part is going to be building the .5 @ 25hz that I'm planning.

Very kind words there guys. And thanks for the plugs Aaron, despite having your own mandate... :P

Hey now, :P.

I powered mine up for the first time today and am really pleased with it. Box is .86 tuned to 38 with 2 3" pvc pipes. Going to finish sealing the box next week now that I know it sounds good.

Very happy with my ixl10.

Well, I couldn't go to .85 even because the sub wouldn't fit in a box that small. The fun part is going to be building the .5 @ 25hz that I'm planning.

That's an awfully long pipe. Aren't you worried about port resonances or driver freezing?

I powered mine up for the first time today and am really pleased with it. Box is .86 tuned to 38 with 2 3" pvc pipes. Going to finish sealing the box next week now that I know it sounds good.

Very happy with my ixl10.

Glad to hear it (pun intended)...

Man, these are small boxes for sure.

That's an awfully long pipe. Aren't you worried about port resonances or driver freezing?

Using a pretty small port thanks to the low tuning an amount of power I'll be running. 2 x 3" ports with .75" radius flares will keep the port velocity manageable and the peak velocity will fall at a frequency low enough that I'm not too concerned. First port resonance is up around 200Hz, so well out of the pass band.

BTW, what's the driver displacement?

TYVM, that's pretty close to what I guessed. Normally I'd all but ignore the sub displacement, but as small as these boxes are, it makes a HUGE difference.

Yeah, I agree. A box that small would definitely be affected by driver volume.