sundownz

Sundown E8 Pre-Order #2

jacob, you think they would still sound clean in a small sealed enclosure running up to 350-400hz as midbass?

jacob, you think they would still sound clean in a small sealed enclosure running up to 350-400hz as midbass?

I have not tried them up that high... simply by inductance they should have some sort of response up to almost 1000 Hz. I'm not sure how clean it is up that high but they should PLAY that high :)

How about up to 200hz for some home audio action?

They sound good up to 200 Hz in our testing.

.0?? i would think

yes i know it proly wouldnt be alot... but am thinking about doing alot and it adds up.

just nice to know

ported do they need 200 each, or is 150 enough to reach optimal? just looking for decent output and decided what sub amp to run

what is the displacement on these subs?

Very minimal... around 0.05-0.1 or so - really pretty negligible.

ported do they need 200 each, or is 150 enough to reach optimal? just looking for decent output and decided what sub amp to run

The RMS rating is not a requirement - they do fine on less.

jake could i get some of those with the five spider's.....ha ha:)

jake could i get some of those with the five spider's.....ha ha:)

*laughs*

No, they have one and its plenty stiff :)

hey Jacob whats the estimated date for these to be in my hands? Ive got a show on the 23rd and wouldnt mind taking some equipment Ive got sitting around here and trying to drive some sales here in Ohio Im just hopeing that something gets someones attentiion and they decide to put in an order I dont really care who here makes a sale from it either you said it your self Ohio is a dead market

hey Jacob whats the estimated date for these to be in my hands? Ive got a show on the 23rd and wouldnt mind taking some equipment Ive got sitting around here and trying to drive some sales here in Ohio Im just hopeing that something gets someones attentiion and they decide to put in an order I dont really care who here makes a sale from it either you said it your self Ohio is a dead market

just curious, where at in ohio is your show?

just curious, where at in ohio is your show?

Centerville

Hey Nick, just bought a 97 Civic that will be consumer grade Sundown gear. Gonna rep at all the Ohio shows we have all year.

Cool Jerry Ill have consumer grade gear in the Silverado too tho Im not sure how many shows it will hit if I had a trailer of my own Id concider hitting them all and having it there too but chances are it will be at all the shows till the cavalier is done then at SVR when Ive got both vehicles tho I can only compete with one

i think i might ditch upgrading the 8 10's and just go for 16 8s...can u say cone area + tons and tons of coil = death to small children and old people?..hows the low end on these?

i think i might ditch upgrading the 8 10's and just go for 16 8s...can u say cone area + tons and tons of coil = death to small children and old people?..hows the low end on these?

Low end is great - they were optimized for the most low-end possible.

i just sent payment for mine!

somthing i should have done weeks ago!

I really should order 2 more and a 1000D but I dont want to have to run that kind of power in the truck and Id probably have to upgrade to 1/0g wire

I think I'm going to order 4 of these to run as midbass with 2 in the doors and 2 in the rear deck of my 97 maxima. Which Sundown amp would be the best match for this? The 3 options that come to mind would be this:

- 100.4 running 4 channel at 4 ohms

- 100.4 running 2 channel at 2 ohms

or

- 125.2 running 2 channel at 2 ohms

Your thoughts?