sundownz

Sundown E8 Pre-Order #2

I would do the 100.4 with 4 channels at 4 ohms so you can use fader and balance to get the output you desire from each one.

I would do the 100.4 with 4 channels at 4 ohms so you can use fader and balance to get the output you desire from each one.

Payment sent for 4 E8's and 1 SAX-100.4D !!!

Payment sent for 4 E8's and 1 SAX-100.4D !!!

Gotta love the enthusiasm :D

Any specs on that ported box your dad was running? I'm buying two of them and a 125.2 for my cousin's b-day. He owns a chevy 1500 too and I was just wonder if you had the mesurements.

Payment sent for a pair of these babies, now I wont have to take the box out to go down the 1/4 mile

Sundown meets the dragstrip :D

Payment sent for a pair of these babies, now I wont have to take the box out to go down the 1/4 mile

mine have been going down the 1/4 for almost 2 years

Chandler AZ?

Chandler AZ?

Firedbird in Chandler, and Speedworld in Phoenix

and Las Vegas Motor Speedway a couple times

I figure I am getting too old to go deaf, I am excited to run a pair of these in a small ported box, with my new TBI Tweets.

i want to get a second one but it's gonna look different from the original one... wonder if i can trade in the first one i got and get a pair of the new E8's along with a SAX 100.4? your thoughts jacob?

Yang

Edited by Yang

or post it for sale on ssa

I'm not sure what you mean... you would hook them up to an amp.

LoL, yea my question was pretty stupid now that I look back. I hope this one isn't quite as bad. If I have subs hooked up it the car 2 15's they are running from a 1200D, the rca is coming from the sub output. Now I wanna hook up atleast 2 of the 8's in the front cabin along with all my speakers 6.5's tweeters and 6x9's... So do I run these from the amp with the highs? Do i need a crossover? Do i need another amp run through the highs amp to run them? I'm kinda lost there...

Josh,

You would want to use another amp with active crossovers - the 125.2 would allow you to "band pass" crossover the 8s so you can enable the HPF (sub sonic) to cut out the sub frequencies and the LPF to cut off everything above ~200 Hz. Then you would high pass the other speakers at ~200 Hz on their respective amplifier.

Josh,

You would want to use another amp with active crossovers - the 125.2 would allow you to "band pass" crossover the 8s so you can enable the HPF (sub sonic) to cut out the sub frequencies and the LPF to cut off everything above ~200 Hz. Then you would high pass the other speakers at ~200 Hz on their respective amplifier.

sounds nice and complicated... So I need to get the 100.4 and a 125.2 ? Do you think 2 of these in the cab would be good midbass ? I was thinking either glass them at the kick or on top of the rear deck... So I need to get an "active" crossover? is that like when ppl say "go active" should i order one of those?

Your 100.4 and 125.2 have all the crossovers you will need to "go active"

awesome, Jacob you have more expierince with this, how many should I put in the cabin? I never had 8's for midbass before.

if a person would to use them only as strictly to play from like 350hz to around 60hz or so would they be better off sealed or ib?

Edited by SouthPole1989