chevy454

15's & 18's

i THOUGHT about doing a wallor none wall enclosure in my car with three 18's of four 15's...does 18's have the same accuracy as a 15? i know it will play deeper because of the cone area..and yes i did search

You must have searched somewhere else :P

j/k

I can't think of some correct key words to search for your question...

Both will have the same accuracy and the same capability of low frequency extension given you install them correctly :)

i called the audio shop where i used to deal with a long time ago to see how much it will cost to get box build if i decide to rip my back seats out and they said dont even bother with 18's because they are to inaccurate to enjoy your system they all are one note wonders no matter what brand and power you have

i called the audio shop where i used to deal with a long time ago to see how much it will cost to get box build if i decide to rip my back seats out and they said dont even bother with 18's because they are to inaccurate to enjoy your system they all are one note wonders no matter what brand and power you have

Don't believe everything you hear people say and only half the things you see people do.

And go to a different shop cuz they must not be that good w/ comments like that.

I wish it would of been me they said that to. They dont deserve to be in the presence of 18s imo

I doubt they'll stay in business long with an attitude like that. Usually, at first mention of ripping seats out, you become their best source of income that month :D

I doubt they'll stay in business long with an attitude like that. Usually, at first mention of ripping seats out, you become their best source of income that month :D

Actually, for a number of them, I think it is the other way around. The ones that perpetuate these lies onto unsuspecting and inexperienced customers, lie themselves into any sale they can get. Heck look at a few of the infamous companies online and their consistent actions. The sad thing is that this topic is on a ton of forums, so this misconception is spread all over. :(

.......................__ ............

......<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.

........................| |...........

................... __\||/____......

.\\...............|'-|--| .\\....\.....

..\ \_...........|--|---|..\\ ....\....

../ L \____,/-------\___\___\

.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,\..

..\ L /______,---''-----------, /...

../ /.............\_________ ,/....

.//.............____//___ __\\__/.

(ROFLcopter)

:suicide-santa:

Edited by Duran

their just trying to get you to buy alot of bs they sell.

their just trying to get you to buy alot of bs they sell.

they was tried to get me to buy some Memphis and kicker stuff

4 15s and 3 18s will have roughly the same cone area. If the motors are fairly similar you should be looking at similar performance. The issue IMO is cost- 18s are harder to make/get cheap but you need more 15s. I'd do whatever is cheapest in total. If they are close to the same, I'd go 3 18s just because they're 18s.

but remember that with 3 subs, you will have an odd number load on your amp, with 4 subs it will probably be easier to find a suitable amp/s

4 15s and 3 18s will have roughly the same cone area. If the motors are fairly similar you should be looking at similar performance. The issue IMO is cost- 18s are harder to make/get cheap but you need more 15s. I'd do whatever is cheapest in total. If they are close to the same, I'd go 3 18s just because they're 18s.

that's someting i would say :lol:

but remember that with 3 subs, you will have an odd number load on your amp, with 4 subs it will probably be easier to find a suitable amp/s

Not that big of a deal really.Using the same amp that you would for the 4x15s on a trio of similar impedance 18s you would be able to get the smae power per sub. Again not that a hundred watts will make a difference at that point anyway.