Sign in to follow this  
joselmartinez

head unit and signal processor upgrade

Hey guys I'd like your expert advice about this Alpine configuration.

Head Unit alpine

Hd Tunner alpine

Audio Processor alpine

Sound Manager alpine

Rear View Cam alpine

Ipod Connection alpine

I'm planning to do this upgrade as a christmas gift for myself, but I'd like to read some of your opinions about it.

I'd rather have an H701 instead of the Imprint stuff, but that's just me...

I'd rather have an H701 instead of the Imprint stuff, but that's just me...

I was thinking about it, thanks for birng it on.

I don't believe the H701 is compatible with the 505. Gotta go back down to the 205 to use it.

That imprint stuff is mostly a gimmick anyway. With proper deadening, placement of speakers and gain settings.. you do everything it would do.

And you'll sound better to boot.

I don't believe the H701 is compatible with the 505. Gotta go back down to the 205 to use it.

That imprint stuff is mostly a gimmick anyway. With proper deadening, placement of speakers and gain settings.. you do everything it would do.

I just find out about the compatibility issue, but about the imprint I think it will be usefull to achieve the sq THE I'm looking for, don't you think?

I just find out about the compatibility issue, but about the imprint I think it will be usefull to achieve the sq tha I'm looking for, don't you think?

Well.. I'm not sure what you're looking for SQ wise.. but no. I don't think it will help you achieve any results without first tending to how you plan on installing the drivers and what sound deadening you'll be applying to the car.

The Alpine imprint stuff is more for bringing up the SQ of your OEM head unit and system. If you plan on doing a head unit and processor and can give it some time two new processor options will be on the market. The new processors are Audison's BitOne and JBL's MS8 both will have way more options than Alpine's Imprint. I preordered the Audison and have been told that cost of the JBL is very similiar. Expect to be able to buy either in the $700-800 range. Both the JBL and the Audison will have the usb port to allow connection of a pc to help with settings and staging. The BitOne has started shipping but just a hand full of units to preordered customers. More comming between now and Thanksgiving. Stock on it will be limited but you should be able to order one and have it by December. I am not as sure on the MS8's shipping time other than first quarter. Here are some of the spec's on the Audison, the Jbl does similiar things and has about the same inputs the TOS-link being the exception as JBL does not feel it worth the added expense.

Eight channels of speaker level or RCA inputs, as well as a single TOS-Link fiber optic input

Eight independently adjustable channels, both input and output

Channel summing for OEM integration via high-level inputs (up to 20 volts RMS)

8 channel RCA input (up to 6 volts RMS)

All channels are user selectable and configurable via USB/PC interface

1/3 octave (31-band) equalization on all channels

Fully configurable time alignment across all channels

High pass/low pass/bandpass selectable 6/12/18/24/36/48 db per octave for all channels

2 auxiliary inputs which also feature independent time alignment, 1/3 octave EQ, and level output adjustment for level matching auxiliary sources (iPod, portable satellite radio, DVD, etc)

As far as head units go, You can pick up a nice Pioneer from SSA's shop http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart...;products_id=66

It seems to me Head Unit technology is going backwards the last few years so if your looking for a really high end head unit go old school and avoid the new garbage.

Edited by ozziefudd

The Alpine imprint stuff is more for bringing up the SQ of your OEM head unit and system. If you plan on doing a head unit and processor and can give it some time two new processor options will be on the market. The new processors are Audison's BitOne and JBL's MS8 both will have way more options than Alpine's Imprint. I preordered the Audison and have been told that cost of the JBL is very similiar. Expect to be able to buy either in the $700-800 range. Both the JBL and the Audison will have the usb port to allow connection of a pc to help with settings and staging. The BitOne has started shipping but just a hand full of units to preordered customers. More comming between now and Thanksgiving. Stock on it will be limited but you should be able to order one and have it by December. I am not as sure on the MS8's shipping time other than first quarter. Here are some of the spec's on the Audison, the Jbl does similiar things and has about the same inputs the TOS-link being the exception as JBL does not feel it worth the added expense.

Eight channels of speaker level or RCA inputs, as well as a single TOS-Link fiber optic input

Eight independently adjustable channels, both input and output

Channel summing for OEM integration via high-level inputs (up to 20 volts RMS)

8 channel RCA input (up to 6 volts RMS)

All channels are user selectable and configurable via USB/PC interface

1/3 octave (31-band) equalization on all channels

Fully configurable time alignment across all channels

High pass/low pass/bandpass selectable 6/12/18/24/36/48 db per octave for all channels

2 auxiliary inputs which also feature independent time alignment, 1/3 octave EQ, and level output adjustment for level matching auxiliary sources (iPod, portable satellite radio, DVD, etc)

As far as head units go, You can pick up a nice Pioneer from SSA's shop http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart...;products_id=66

It seems to me Head Unit technology is going backwards the last few years so if your looking for a really high end head unit go old school and avoid the new garbage.

hey ozziefudd, after reading some specs and comparision charts, I totally agree with you, now about the head unit, my car it's a double din face wich it will look terrible with a single din and an adapter kit, also I'm trying to get a NAV system as simple and functional as possible, that's why I choose this alpine, 'cause of the mobility of the Nav unit.

but about the sound processor, I definitelly will follow the audison, I like it better than the JBL.

thanks a lot for your response on my post.