00maxima

2 RL-p 12" box design

i want to get 2 RL-p 12" subs. I want to run 750 watts rms to each sub. does any one have any ported box desings that would fit this sub that i could have? or the size of the box and port, and tuning frequence? thanx in advance

i want to get 2 RL-p 12" subs. I want to run 750 watts rms to each sub. does any one have any ported box desings that would fit this sub that i could have? or the size of the box and port, and tuning frequence? thanx in advance

well, mike suggests between 1.5-2ft^3 per sub with a minimum of 20in^2 of port per sub and a vent fb of 34hz.

with 750wrms, i'd suggest somewhere in the neighborhood of 3ft^3, 36-40in^2 of port tuned to 32-34hz.

if mike doesn't get here quick enough u can...

email mike@soundsplinter.com with what ur are trying to get, he'll have a lil more insight as to what size enclosure will work best...

if u have any more questions, hollar...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think kent means for two subs, that is my guess

if you need help with a box we can build it, if not we could do a design if you want

I think kent means for two subs, that is my guess

if you need help with a box we can build it, if not we could do a design if you want

r u looking for sq or spl

what car is this going into?

can whip something up

i am looking for more spl than sq, but still want to maintain some sq. probably like 70% spl and 30% sq. the subs would be going in a 2000 nissan maxima.

Kent's rec is solid.

If you're lookin' for a touch more output, consider bumping up the combined net volume of the enclosure to 3.3-3.6 cu ft.

so if i make the box like 3.5^3 feet, how many square inches should the port be, and what frequence wounld it be at?

so if i make the box like 3.5^3 feet, how many square inches should the port be, and what frequence wounld it be at?

MAKE THE PORT 56SQ AND TUNED 2 45HZ

so about 3ft^3, 36-40in^2 of port tuned to 32-34hz, for both subs or just one?

i see where my recommendation was confusing, i was quoting half the power but recommending the full enclosure..oops!

my suggestion, since ur after a 70/30 split or so, with 1500wrms for the pair, is 3.3-3.5ft^3, 40-42in^2 of port tuned to 34hz. that will give u solid output while maintaining excellent sq. at the most, i'd recommend a tuning of 38hz..lil more output up top with out sacrificing all ur sq.

oh yeah, that's a combined net volume..lol...and also what denim said..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

so about 3ft^3, 36-40in^2 of port tuned to 32-34hz, for both subs or just one?

i see where my recommendation was confusing, i was quoting half the power but recommending the full enclosure..oops!

my suggestion, since ur after a 70/30 split or so, with 1500wrms for the pair, is 3.3-3.5ft^3, 40-42in^2 of port tuned to 34hz. that will give u solid output while maintaining excellent sq. at the most, i'd recommend a tuning of 38hz..lil more output up top with out sacrificing all ur sq.

oh yeah, that's a combined net volume..lol...and also what denim said..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

WELL THE REASON I SAID 45HZ...BECUZ I TOOK INTO EFFECT THE RESONANT FREQ OF THE CAR...ITS GOING TO CHANG THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BOX......IF U PUT THE SAME BOX IN A FORD FIESTA YEAH THE BOX WOULD TUNED HIGH...BUT ITS GOING INTO A SEDAN SO THE IN CAR FREQ..IS LOWER THAN A COMPACT CAR....SAME AS A SUV...U PUT THE BOX IN A TAHOE..THE IN CAR FREQ..WILL BE LOWER THAN A SEDAN....

JUST STATING MY REASONS ..I HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND

last night i tried to design a box. the port was on the side, and it was a slot port 2" wide, 14" tall, and 11"deep. the box it self was 28"wide, 14"tall, and 16" deep. these are all internal demensions. the box volume came out to be like 3.6^3 before displacemant and bracing. i believe the box would be tuned to 34hz. i was wondering i you guy could just check these demension to see if they would work.

last night i tried to design a box. the port was on the bottom, and it was 26" wide, 3" tall, and 11"deep. the box it self was 26"wide, 18"tall, and 16" deep. these are all internal demensions. the box volume came out to be like 3.8^3 before displacemant and bracing. i believe the box would be tuned to 34hz. i was wondering i you guy could just check these demension to see if they would work.

i'll look into that right now

last night i tried to design a box. the port was on the bottom, and it was 26" wide, 3" tall, and 11"deep. the box it self was 26"wide, 18"tall, and 16" deep. these are all internal demensions. the box volume came out to be like 3.8^3 before displacemant and bracing. i believe the box would be tuned to 34hz. i was wondering i you guy could just check these demension to see if they would work.

ok your specs was alittle off

the box was actually 4.2 cubes...and thats using .75 inch of wood thickness.

the port was tuned at around 60hz

now i whipped somethin up so that u can have a box tuned in the mid 2 lower 30's

the box is 34w(inbetween your wheel well), 16h..16d..these are external measurements ...internal cubes is 3.5...

the port is tuned @34.28hz the port size is at the bottom(thats how u want it i'm assuming from your demensions) its 1.5h..32.5w...24d(u have 2 make a elbow port...if u have any questions let me know

last night i tried to design a box. the port was on the side, and it was a slot port  2" wide, 14" tall, and 11"deep. the box it self was 28"wide, 14"tall, and 16" deep. these are all internal demensions. the box volume came out to be like 3.6^3 before displacemant and bracing. i believe the box would be tuned to 34hz. i was wondering i you guy could just check these demension to see if they would work.

ok, with those internal dimensions, u have 3.6ft^3..however, ur going to lose some for the subs and the port....and u won't need any bracing..it's overrated. unless u plan on dumping 5000wrms daily, the box isn't going to flex enough u'll ever hear it.

gimme a few minutes, i'll whip a lil magic up..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

00maxima....can u go bigger with the box?

i have one done, but it's larger then the one u have posted...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ya i can go bigger.

ok..here's what i figured out..

these are external dimensions..

15.5" tall x 34" wide x 18.5" deep

port will be 14" tall x 3" wide x 25.1" long

this will roughly give u a net of 3.5ft^3 tuned to 34hz. using 3/4" mdf

mike, whatcha think?

00maxima, if that won't fit, lemme know...and let me know where it won't fit..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ya i can go bigger.

mike, whatcha think?

lol wow me and u got the similar results with a given space...but to be honest mrray...my design will give him alittle more output...my port is 48sq inch yours is 42sq inch...and its and inch shorter than yours...but we both have about the same total cubic space of 3.5...i'm impressed...what program do u use by the way...i use bass box pro

ya i can go bigger.

mike, whatcha think?

lol wow me and u got the similar results with a given space...but to be honest mrray...my design will give him alittle more output...my port is 48sq inch yours is 42sq inch...and its and inch shorter than yours...but we both have about the same total cubic space of 3.5...i'm impressed...what program do u use by the way...i use bass box pro

bb6p...lol.....ur also tuned a lil higher then i am...the output will be so close as to not matter a bunch...

loud and low..the only way to go!!!

mike...ur welcome!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ya i can go bigger.

mike, whatcha think?

bb6p...lol.....ur also tuned a lil higher then i am...the output will be so close as to not matter a bunch...

loud and low..the only way to go!!!

mike...ur welcome!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

HELL YEAH.......ITS THE BEST

dont mean to whore but does anyone know offhand if the trunk size of the maximas changed from 99 to 2000

I know the body style did, and the reason I ask is because Ill be getting that 99 maxima (you might have seen my thread abt it) and wanted to know if this box owuld work for me

sry again abt the whoring

Thaks

Tom

dont mean to whore but does anyone know offhand if the trunk size of the maximas changed from 99 to 2000

I know the body style did, and the reason I ask is because Ill be getting that 99 maxima (you might have seen my thread abt it) and wanted to know if this box owuld work for me

sry again abt the whoring

Thaks

Tom

hmm..i think u just asked a legit question...

try maxima.org i believe...i quoted a box for a guy with an infinty something...i believe that was the website he used to send me pics of his trunk.

hopefully it will and u'll already have ur box designed!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: