B7L|BL4Z3R

solo x or btl

Better for what?

daily or spl is thats what your askin

Edited by stuartgoodenough

are you trying to prove to your friend that xxx subwoofer is better than the other like your other thread?

no now im jsut curiuos beacuse is the solo x is a better subwoofer im am going to sell my btl and get one of those

again, whats your goals, spl or sq. Do you want a nice musical sub for for comps. Be a little more specific so we can help you man.

yeah a nice musical sub for comps and .. just like does the btl even stand up to the solo x beacusei read other stuff saying that the solo x will blow the btl outta the water no comp

lol no for that purpose the btl will get way lower, and sound (WAY) better. kicker solox's peak power is 10,000watts, ive seen one blow to peices on an orion 5000

Edited by RobClay

lol no for that purpose the btl will get way lower, and sound (WAY) better. kicker solox's peak power is 10,000watts, ive seen one blow to peices on an orion 5000

:(

yeah a nice musical sub for comps and .. just like does the btl even stand up to the solo x beacusei read other stuff saying that the solo x will blow the btl outta the water no comp

Who ever said that is full of crap.

Who ever said that is full of crap.

Get em' Denim! ;)

sounds like you have been talkin to a KICKER REP!

and in that case you could say anything .... MAKE UP a company... and he will say " yeah i have heard of them the solo x will blah blah blah"

It is not a thing of one being so much better then the other. It is two different drivers with different design intentions, and different price points, and customer base, and availability and so on. You can't just say a blanket statement like that. Part of what is slowly killing the positive part of car audio.

:o:suicide-santa:

Good luck giving a square sub 100+ watts over its rating, DOUBLE the power? Get real, you cant believe everything you hear ;) On the other hand the BTL still remains musical on 6,000 watts, and takes burps id 9,000 watts no problem. Don't forget the efficiency as well. The Solo X is only 89.7 efficient, while the BTL is above 90.

Well I gotta interupt the kicker bashin'... :)

My solo X 10 took 5k+ daily (2 zx2500.1's running at 1 ohm) for music... not bad for a single 10 doing 149's sealed on the dash t/l in a mid-sized 4-door car ;)

also my pair of x's did just fine off the 5k as well....and I beat the heck outta um...

as for the 18's.... way to heavy/huge for my application... that's why they're for sale

anyhow, Just sayin'

No sense in bashing some other company over what one person spouts outta their mouth that offens you ;)

All woofers have their pros and cons.... Personally I've never had a single issue with my solo x's, L7's or L5's for that matter... then again I've heard some horror stories..... I believe the same can be said about almost any company

**Again not bashing anybody... I've been waiting for a steal on a fi woofer so I can test them out.. :)

Kicker makes some great products, I used to run some of them in the early 90's and they still make great stuff today. On the other hand I have a friend here in Wilmington N.C. who has been competing longer than I have and he had two of the 18" Solo X's with two Sundown 3000D amplifiers on each and he ended up blowing several of them on daily driving. He had 7+ batcap batteries and two alt's so he was getting good voltage. I personally would stay with the sub you have (it also sound cleaner and can get really loud).

Edited by Team Nemesis- Steve

^^^^

I do need to point out that my solo X 10's were in a small box with a Low tuning... roughly 2.25 each @30 hz....

I've only heard fi woofers once... not shure what they were.. the guy that had them was over-driving them something fierce.

I'd like to hear some that are set up right and not an over-driven SPL attempt...

On the other hand the BTL still remains musical on 6,000 watts,

That depends on what your definition of "musical" is :P

fi is the business.

On the other hand the BTL still remains musical on 6,000 watts,

That depends on what your definition of "musical" is :P

True Jim, I mean being able to play actual music for extended periods of time. :)

Good luck giving a square sub 100+ watts over its rating, DOUBLE the power? Get real, you cant believe everything you hear ;) On the other hand the BTL still remains musical on 6,000 watts, and takes burps id 9,000 watts no problem. Don't forget the efficiency as well. The Solo X is only 89.7 efficient, while the BTL is above 90.

i had an L5 rated 600 rms and i fed it with an 1100 rms amp

What kind of box though?

What kind of box though?

a ported box, kinda a first attempt at a crappy trans line

P4140014.jpg