ryruss

what to get

i'm in iraq and have quite a nice lump sum of money saved up. i just bought a jeep for a system cuz ive messed around with car audio for a few years now. im throwing around a few options, out of all these what would hit the hardest. this system will be proffesionally installed and i think im gonna buy a hifonics 10,000 watt rms amp. unless i go jl....id probably have to go with the 1000/1's.

2 solo x kicker 18's

4 Fi btl 18's

2 jl audio 13' w'7's

what model jeep? whats your end goal? how much room do you have to work with? budget? seams like you have 2 way different approaches there.

you went from 10000 watts of crap to 2000 watts or jl... your all over the place

well jl audio is obvioulsy higher quality and price, therefore you wouldnt use as much watts, not to mention the warranty stops at 2000 watt rms per sub but the solo x is 5000 watt rms per sub, i am looking to spend around maybe 5 grand and its a older jeep 1995 cherokee and i have as much room as is in it, lol

kicker solox's blow ta hell on 5000 watts.. lol jl is too expensive. i think the btl's would be your choice, but for 4 of them it will be a hard fit unless u take down your seats. and keep in mind all of the electrical upgrades and power you need to run 4 of them, atleast 2000rms a sub

ya, then maybe i can go with 3 fi btls, and use that hifonics amp i have cuz its 10,000 watt rms.

2)BTL's $900.00

2)sundown 3000d's $1500-1800.00

high output alt $400-????

several high quality Batteries $400-????

several runs of 0awg wire $150-????

sound deadening $100-????

enclosure material $100-????

head unit ????

front stage ????

prices add up fast when you go big and do it right

2)sundown 3000d's....what is that the best amp for the ftl's?

and i know its gonna add up...i am prepaired for that

i would say buy the sundown 3000d's from this website ^ up there click shop. ull get them for 899 a peice. theres horror stories about the hifonics amps. im not saying their not good though

Edited by RobClay

thanks! if i get 3 ftl's and 3 sundown 3000d's in a jeep with a professonial box and all the power upgrades can i hit at like close to 165 db's?

id say:

2 btl 18's: $1000

2 sundown 3000d's: $1798

1/0 wiring + terminals etc.(including big3): 370 at the most.. http://www.knukonceptz.com/

box materials: 70

highoutput alt: 400 at the most

and idk if you have a head unit or not.

you need to measure and see first before you go with the 3 btl 18's thing. it will take ALOT and i mean ALOT of space for even 2 18's

Edited by RobClay

you say alot of funny stuff rob

is it true jeeps go for a crap load of money in the middle east and europe or is it just a stupid fact one of my buddies made up.

haha i have no idea about the jeeps, i know some of the arabs drive bmw's and stuff

sooooo looks like fi btl's it is, with two sundown saz 3000d's!!

please keep us updated on the build, try to get the shop to take pics :)

you know...ive looked for jackhammer's before, i know mtx makes them right...? what is the specs on them? and where do you purchase them

nahhhh the btl's are already on there way to my house as we speak, i was just wondering about the jackhammers, everyone always talks about them, but never see them