ryruss

what to get

just to save you from stressin because your subs arent here quick. they hand build them when you order them, so itll take up to 2 weeks to get there

Edited by RobClay

wow i didnt know that, cool deal, but im in iraq and i come home on vaction in december so thats when shell get hooked up.

so you said you already have a Hifonics XX-Maxximus

i was thisssss - close, lol onlinecarstereo.com 3449 dollars...but i keep hearing a bunch of chit about hifonics, i had a sweet amp recently that got stolen when i had a party at my house, lol, some orion amp i think it was 5,000 rms....so i was gonna just upgrade, but i guess ill stick to the sundowns if they are good clean power

nahhhh the btl's are already on there way to my house as we speak, i was just wondering about the jackhammers, everyone always talks about them, but never see them

The Jackhammer is a 22" sub from MTX. It's really expensive ($7000?) and rather gimmicky. If you wanted to go that big, look into Incriminator Audio Death Penatly 21".

ya, then maybe i can go with 3 fi btls, and use that hifonics amp i have cuz its 10,000 watt rms.

you confuse me.

well jl audio is obvioulsy higher quality and price, therefore you wouldnt use as much watts,

Eh?

I hope you realize that 165dB in subbass is an extremely high number, high enough to damage your vehicle even in burps, and certainly high enough to deafen you if you aren't wearing ear protection. You aren't simply going to dump a ton of money into a vehicle and expect to be up there, unless you have an installer that's competed seriously in dB Drag or other organizations :)

silly stuff i said so..

ya chit happens when you party naked, i had it in the ole shoppin cart, til my friend told me they arnt true to there wattage and other ppl told me they have heard stuff about hifonics that isnt good.

and yes i realize the 165 DB, i bought a old ass jeep just for a system i have a 2001 eclipse that only has an audiobahn 15 in it but im puttin my w7 in it.

ive had a few systems that were decently loud before

on what sub.....13' w7?

its only 655 dollars...thats not way horrible????

Because you could spend 3/4 of that amount and get a better sub while you are at it! :) The W7 is wayyyy overrated.

tell me this...if the w7 is so over rated...then why the does unique whips and all the infamous sweet whip car shows on tv install them??

cause its a name you know. and its a sexy sub.

jl is not bad.. just sum of there shit is over priced. imo

ahhhh ic ic. well thanks for all the help gentlemen. its flippen 330 am in iraq so imma head off to bed, peace out

tell me this...if the w7 is so over rated...then why the does unique whips and all the infamous sweet whip car shows on tv install them??

That is due to the excessive amount of marketing JL Audio does and can afford to do. That does not say that JL i snot a good choice at all, it is saying you should never think one company is superior because a bunch of idiots on a TV show shove it in the face of the audience, because they are paid to do so, means that it is the best product because of that.

Welcome to SSA, you have a lot to learn.

well jl audio is obvioulsy higher quality and price, therefore you wouldnt use as much watts, not to mention the warranty stops at 2000 watt rms per sub but the solo x is 5000 watt rms per sub, i am looking to spend around maybe 5 grand and its a older jeep 1995 cherokee and i have as much room as is in it, lol

Once again, welcome to SSA, but please please never utter that above underlined phrase, or even using that thinking process when researching items for your system.

on what sub.....13' w7?

Because you could spend 3/4 of that amount and get a better sub while you are at it! :) The W7 is wayyyy overrated.

While I'd prefer a W6v2 over the W7, ever hear a Morel Ultimo? Or Focal Utopia? Or Aura NS? :)

Some things are worth that much :)

sigh, i haven't heard nearly as much as you guys....but I have heard a Jackhammer setup in an H2....woowwwww, it almost made me cry by the sheer ugliness of its sound....and it was supposed to be a MTX show vehicle, what a shame.

omghi2u!!1

haha this made me laugh because it's after 3 pages of garbage. But it is in the newbie sign in section, after all.

on what sub.....13' w7?

While I'd prefer a W6v2 over the W7, ever hear a Morel Ultimo? Or Focal Utopia? Or Aura NS? :)

Some things are worth that much :)

Personally, I don't think the Utopia isn't worth its $1200 price tag, but that's just me :)