duece212

4 havoc15's, AB500.1, D3100's, Fisher Custom's box

Hopefully I will get some wire ran in the next few days. The weather is supposed to be nice so might have to take some time offa work to take advantage of it. Sucks that I can't fit the truck in the garage to work on it when its cold.

ahh man that would suck.

Nice truck. Where did you get that amp? I want to see the enclosure when its done.

Love the battery rack. :)

give me updates!!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have any updates. Anytime its been warm enough to work on the truck I've been busy. I did get my copper in for my bus bars today though. Its supposed to get back in the 50's tomorrow so hopefully I find some time.

Nice truck. Where did you get that amp? I want to see the enclosure when its done.

I got the amp used from a dood on ca.com. Waiting on a design update from Chris and then hopefully the enclosure build will start moving along.

Love the battery rack. :)

I do too. I recently had a friend get in an accident and it got me to thinking about 3 80lb objects flying around my truck in an accident, so I got them mounted solid!

Here is the copper that came in today. 1.5" x .375" drill/tapped every inch for 5/16 bolts, just gotta cut it in half and I'm set:

f_newbuild012m_c5e8b65.jpg

f_newbuild013m_76ba655.jpg

I am the slowest person ever. Molasses in January > me

Anyhow, BJ finished the box, I'm headed out to get it next weekend, you can check it in his forum here. I got my two 1/0 negs and add'l 1/0 positive runs made. Got my bus bars situated (see below). At this point its to charging batts and connecting up wires. I'm going to wait to do that until after I pick up the box though.

Only things I should have left is to pull it all out to weld the support bracket in the middle of the frame and then bolt up some wires. I'm thinking about swapping my yellowtop d34 up front for a powermaster 2400 or 2700. The yellowtop with posts just isn't very fun when you want to start putting a ton of 1/0 runs on it cleanly.

Bus bars....thank god for metal jigsaw blades, hack sawing it would have sucked!

f_newbuild016m_6b39fb9.jpg

Tons o wire in the back of the truck now. Welding supplies 1/0 cable cutters and hammer crimper came in very handy this time, I should have picked those up years ago:

newbuild014pd6.jpg

how big is the box?

updates!

how big is the box?

updates!

Box is ~ 10 cubes so 2.5 for each woofer.

I head to Kansas at 8am tomorrow to go pick the box up from BJ. Then only thing I'm missing is some more wire. As long as christmas presents don't hit the wallet toooo hard, I'm hoping to have this all put together in a week or two :)

Sweet make sure to keep us updated!

I wanna see that box too! BJ does awesome work on his enclosures!

Very nice build! Cannot wait to see the finished product.

Picked up the box, sitting in a hotel in Hays KS after about 12 hours of driving. Decided not to drive all the way home tonight. Gotta catch up on some work and sleep.

Box looks great!

Looking good!

updates?

No updates yet. Its been below zero or in single digits since I got home. Today was the first day in the 20's for quite awhile. Since the truck doesn't fit in the garage it only gets worked on when its halfway warm outside :/

I need to pick up some more wire too, but will probably be waiting until after christmas to do that. I want to make sure I don't break the bank buying christmas presents before I spend more on myself.

lol. Co sucks. Its so dam cold now and I can't finish jack in my car cuzz half the stuff I gotta do is paint work and can't really paint in 15-20 degrees. We are gonna have a show in jan or feb next year at that ultimate in thorton. Can't wait to hear it bro