Sign in to follow this  
JoshM20

best way to tune a box

What is the best way to determine the frreq of a box? How do you calculate the Hz it will be tuned to?

Search first, tell us what you can't find.

lol

lol

Why did you have to waste forum space with such a worthless post ?

If you have no idea, what the frequency of the box in the first place. That is his question, and hopefully he is searching for a way lol.

best way to tune a ported box is with a port? really? Do I have to dumb down my questions even more? Maybe I dumbed them down to much haha. I simply asked for the best calculation and how do I calculate it... If you read something other than the topic....

Anyway, I have found this about it

LV= [(1.463 x 10^7 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463xR

Lv= Port In.

A = (Height x Width)

R = square root of (A/Pi)

Fb = 32Hz

Vb = 16200

Does this look like the right equation?

Only way to really find out the exact frequency an enclosure is tuned to is by measuring the impedance curve.

Only way to really find out the exact frequency an enclosure is tuned to is by measuring the impedance curve.

The box is not built yet, I am in the process of making all the measurements to make one. That is what I wanted to firgure out how to get the general tuning done, So when I build it, it will be close.

Josh

I though you had some box that was already build, and you were trying to figure out it's frequency.

I though you had some box that was already build, and you were trying to figure out it's frequency.

Yea, I think a few people did. I put ported build in the desciption as to say I am going to build it or this is a build I am working on. I just was not clear enough, my bad.

best way to tune a ported box is with a port? really? Do I have to dumb down my questions even more? Maybe I dumbed them down to much haha. I simply asked for the best calculation and how do I calculate it... If you read something other than the topic....

Anyway, I have found this about it

LV= [(1.463 x 10^7 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463xR

Lv= Port In.

A = (Height x Width)

R = square root of (A/Pi)

Fb = 32Hz

Vb = 16200

Does this look like the right equation?

So, I guess this is correct?

Why did this get moved to competition and fabrication, I would have guess this was a general question :shrug: