solesick

Question about my 15 inch Q

whats up guys, im new to this forum and kinda new to these subs, but i just ordered a 15 inch Q and i plan on putting it in a ported box, now my question is i have 2 options of amps.....which one would be better and have my sub sound to its full potential. thanks in advance.

my first option

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12210_...+BXi+1208D.html

and my second option

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12211_...+BXi+1608D.html

Neither.

neither, haha

really tho, Hifonics amps are overrated. however im not sure by how much.

so maybe lookat at the 1608 and get a watt meter, and be sure to set your gains right

or just save up a little more, get a better amp and do the Q some justice

Check dB-r for refurb Sundown amps.

No, they will power it. Like stated above, would be doing an injustice to a great sub. What is your budget? Let's go from there.

I got the fi Q 15 myself and I was staying away from the hifonics. I was gonna run either the lanzar Optidrive 1400 or 2000 but I decided I'mma save money and just buy a refurbed sundown saz 1500. If your on a budget I'd search ebay for some lanzar optidrives. It was one guy that was letting the 1400's go for like 230 with free shipping refurbed, and 276 free shipping brand new.

so u guys are saying that neither of those 2 amps that i had posted are strong enough to power a 15 Q???

It's more of a reliability issue. I would look into a sundown SAE-1000D. Used ones can be had for $225ish give or take

Sundown FTW

I'd rather have a used Sundown than a brand new Hifonics with a warranty ;)

:drink40:

I'd rather have a tooth pulled than use a Hifonics

If money isnt a option I would get the one with 1600 rms. Do you have any applications with the q. FI.Q's can take 1600 rms clean as long as everything is set up right. also make sure your gain is set right to so it doesnt start clipping.Hifonics is a very very good brand in my book. Just because their not CEA-2006 Compliant doesnt mean they get the job done. Alot of people I know use Hifionics for FI.Subs. But me im using a US Amps MD1D which is way better than hifonics & its also CEA-2006 Compliant. but yea if money isnt a option get the 1600 rms one but if your on a budget or low on funds like me get the 1200 rms one either way it will still hmp fine!

BTW:what kinda enclosure is it going to be in? how much cuft. and what is it going to be tuned 2?

Please, just don't start believing the "It will handle XXXX clean watts" garbage, or if the gains are set right nonsense.

You blow that driver with any amp that puts out more than the RMS of the driver. Period.

You are more likely to blow that sub, or any sub for that matter, with a 1500 watt amplifier from say Sundow or RF than you would with a "1000 watt" Hifonics amp.......

the 12" q has been tested up to 1600 watts easy, 1800 for a burp is the highest comfortable power, the 15 is either the same or more, so i wouldnt feel bad hooking a brutus 1600 to it and giving it probably 1200 or so watts with reasonable gain, however like everyone else is saying hifonics isnt the most reliable amp.... but theres a warranty so its really up to you, if you want straight budget the brutus isnt that bad

the 12" q has been tested up to 1600 watts easy, 1800 for a burp is the highest comfortable power, the 15 is either the same or more, so i wouldnt feel bad hooking a brutus 1600 to it and giving it probably 1200 or so watts with reasonable gain, however like everyone else is saying hifonics isnt the most reliable amp.... but theres a warranty so its really up to you, if you want straight budget the brutus isnt that bad

That depends greatly on enclosure, electrical, and install.