obcaraudio

What can i do to my 1996 Lexus Es 300 *read description

Here is a pic of the car

2960055_20_full.jpg

My Trunk specs are:

Trunk Width: 42.5 Inches

Trunk Depth: 28.5 Inches

My Goals:

To Be Heard from a good distance, clean solid bass coming out of the car, very loud (im sure you got the point)

Possible SPL Competitions

My Budget:

$2500 or less for the amp(s) sub(s) and the electrical upgrade

Does Looks of the system Matter?

No it doesnt all i am looking for is sound, and bass, not looks of the setup

What IS able to fit in my trunk:

3 12" Subwoofers

2 15" Subwoofers

1 18" Subwoofers

**obviously anything less will fit too

The Material used for the box

Fiberboard (any other suggestions for better sound, let me know)

What is the system I am looking at, but am unsure if it is good

3 12" Fi BL 1000 RMS (1 OHM VC OPTION)

3 Sundown SAE-1200D 1200 RMS

Possible Full Electrical Upgrade

I am not sure if capacitors are better, or just getting additional batteries (Please Let Me Know)

WHAT I HAVE HEARD:

I have never heard any sub by Fi in person....i have seen youtube videos of what they can do. I am very fond of kicker, i have seen the solo x 18", and i have installed compvrs for my friend, and i have been happy with kicker, and so has my friend who i installed it for. I have been saving money to get a very nice system, one that could be one of the best in my city which is actually pretty big, and the best system here is a 6500 watt Diamond Setup in a 1999 Jeep Wrangler which he was able to hit 164 db, so I am hoping that any suggestions of a nice system, either the one i mentioned, or one that anyone can help me with, can top that, because another friend of mine from chicago was able to get real close to the 6500 watt diamond setup with 2 15" Sundown Nightshades only a 3000 watt setup @ 160 db, so please i know most of the people on these forums know wayy more than i do, i need your feedback...thank you..GO OBAMA!

a much better post!

youll be alot happier with Fi, than kicker :)

3 12's would be more expensive, and you wouldnt see a BIG difference in loudness 3 12's in the right box and 2 15's in the right box. so it really depends on what you what now, 2 15's or 3 12's? if you got the 2 15's D1 coils you could run them on a sundown 3000D at 1ohm, and for electrical upgrade. i would put a 200amp alternator under the hood along with a deep cycle up front and a deep cycle in back

Edited by RobClay

i would get two 12" BL's, put them in around 5 cubes tuned to the low 30's, and 2 sae 1200d's. start off by doing the "big 3" upgrade with 1/0 gauge, and adding a single additional battery in the trunk like a yellow top or a kinetik 1800 or something.

get some sound deadener, enough to do the whole trunk and a few strategically placed sections of the front for starters. if you decide that you need more, which i doubt, you can easily buy one more sub and amp this way. also you can see how you are doing for current with the stock alternator before going too crazy

Nice car BTW

My Goals:

To Be Heard from a good distance, clean solid bass coming out of the car, very loud (im sure you got the point)

:suicide-santa:

My Goals:

:suicide-santa:

x2. Why don't you mount the speakers on the outside of the car, that'll help being heard from a distance.

It was a better post, but goals are still misguided.

3 12's would be more expensive, and you wouldnt see a BIG difference in loudness 3 12's in the right box and 2 15's in the right box. so it really depends on what you what now, 2 15's or 3 12's? if you got the 2 15's D1 coils you could run them on a sundown 3000D at 1ohm, and for electrical upgrade. i would put a 200amp alternator under the hood along with a deep cycle up front and a deep cycle in back

thank you for the response! so you are saying 2 15s are better? the audio shop here says airspace is important, and 2 15s will save space for an extra battery, let me know what you think....i am getting closer to a final setup

i would get two 12" BL's, put them in around 5 cubes tuned to the low 30's, and 2 sae 1200d's. start off by doing the "big 3" upgrade with 1/0 gauge, and adding a single additional battery in the trunk like a yellow top or a kinetik 1800 or something.

get some sound deadener, enough to do the whole trunk and a few strategically placed sections of the front for starters. if you decide that you need more, which i doubt, you can easily buy one more sub and amp this way. also you can see how you are doing for current with the stock alternator before going too crazy

Nice car BTW

thank you for the compliment on the car, i am trying to get 22s my friend is trying to sell haha....anyways do you think 2 15s would be just as good as 2 12s, and if i run the 2 15s at 1 ohm on a sundown 3000d, will that be good, or should i do like you said 2 1200d's on 2 12's? please let me know...thanks, and big 3 will be upgraded definitely and it looks like i will have extra space for another battery in the trunk

Nice car BTW

thank you for the compliment on the car, i am trying to get 22s my friend is trying to sell haha....anyways do you think 2 15s would be just as good as 2 12s, and if i run the 2 15s at 1 ohm on a sundown 3000d, will that be good, or should i do like you said 2 1200d's on 2 12's? please let me know...thanks, and big 3 will be upgraded definitely and it looks like i will have extra space for another battery in the trunk

The only reason that i didn't recommend the 15's is just that they require significantly more airspace than the equivalent 12" subwoofer, generally speaking. I have a feeling what you have in mind is a setup that gets as loud as possible without sounding like complete a$$, so typically you would want a ported enclosure for that. After compensating for the materials, sub and port displacement, etc. you would be surprised by how little airspace you might have. IMO you would probably rather have 12's with enough room to really pound and get low than 15's that are a little choked up. To give you an example, i just ran through a rough dimension of 40w x 16h x 20d which would probably even be a little tricky to fit through the opening in the trunk, with a 14.5 x 5" port (72.5 sq in) and not even factoring in the woofer displacement which would probably be a total of about .3, you are looking a 4.68 cubic feet, around 4.3x after the woofers are in and all is said and done. That is good for most 12"s but lacking for a lot of the 15"s. I would give that setup a shot, i think you will be pleasantly surprised and if for some reason you are not, you always have the option of adding one more, or selling them. Woofers like FI's hold their value pretty well

and just for reference, i had a 99 ES300. Was my first car with first ever system. By it's final evolution it had 3 12" JLw6's (the old kind) part of the time, then 3 MA Audio MAW612's running of of a fosgate 1100@2. These were each in about 1 cubic foot sealed, and it got just about as loud as i would ever want to listen to on a daily basis (most people didn't like it and it made your ears tickle) The 2 12" BL's will be much louder than that. Twice, i was driving and all the sudden it got quiet and sounded like crap because the trunk had opened. I don't care what anyone say about that not being possible, it happened.

maybe a single 15?

maybe a single 15?

If he wants LOUD then why would he only get a single 15?

I hope if you want loud your going to take the necessary steps to deaden your car as well.

My Trunk specs are:

Trunk Width: 42.5 Inches

Trunk Depth: 28.5 Inches

My Goals:

Possible SPL Competitions

Trunk height?

And I have to ask why you want to be heard from a good distance. Are you compensating for something? I have no issues with loud, but we don't support being a social menace on this site.

I really dont see why people are always saying stuff like..

Will I be heard froma good ways away.

And..

I want it to be the best in my town..

So basically its just for braggin rights?

Get something that you will like..

PLus isnt the point for when you compete to keep the sound in your car?

Not hating but I just love seeing how people say that..

Nice car BTW

+1, i dont believe in the no. of cone area to much for loudness with good sound... even the loudest sub wouldnt sound loud if its not placed on the right box. 2 12"s in the right box would outpound 2 15"s in a wrong crapy box. considerring they have thesame car and equiptment.

just my 2 cents.

Nice car BTW

The only reason that i didn't recommend the 15's is just that they require significantly more airspace than the equivalent 12" subwoofer, generally speaking. I have a feeling what you have in mind is a setup that gets as loud as possible without sounding like complete a$$, so typically you would want a ported enclosure for that. After compensating for the materials, sub and port displacement, etc. you would be surprised by how little airspace you might have. IMO you would probably rather have 12's with enough room to really pound and get low than 15's that are a little choked up. To give you an example, i just ran through a rough dimension of 40w x 16h x 20d which would probably even be a little tricky to fit through the opening in the trunk, with a 14.5 x 5" port (72.5 sq in) and not even factoring in the woofer displacement which would probably be a total of about .3, you are looking a 4.68 cubic feet, around 4.3x after the woofers are in and all is said and done. That is good for most 12"s but lacking for a lot of the 15"s. I would give that setup a shot, i think you will be pleasantly surprised and if for some reason you are not, you always have the option of adding one more, or selling them. Woofers like FI's hold their value pretty well

Hey i dont know if i am asking for too much or if i am allowed to do this on this forum, but is it possible if you can sketch me a nice ported box design for 2 12" BL's and maybe repst or email it to me....if you are allowed to, i would appreciate that a lot!

they have a great calculator on this site for you application:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/home/in...calculatorflash

Go to that and enter the dimensions as follows

Width: 40

Height: 16

Top Depth:20

Bottom depth: 20

Wood thickness: .75"

Square Port Height: 14.5

Square Port Width: 5

it should fill out all the other info for you, and as you enter the dimensions you see the box take shape. also gives you the sizes for all the cuts you will need to make. get some cardboard and play around with different sizes to see what will fit through the opening in your trunk. you may need to play around with it a bit to see what the biggest practical box will be

lol most of the people that put 24's 15's 100 10's that sort of stuff its all for showoff theres nothing bad about wanting people to hear you and see your stuff ;)

i've always found it more impressive when people think you have a trunkfull of speakers and it's a single 10 or something. That why i always loved high powered, ported, single driver setups.

lol most of the people that put 24's 15's 100 10's that sort of stuff its all for showoff theres nothing bad about wanting people to hear you and see your stuff ;)

If your goal is to be a social menace, ie be heard by others that are not in your car there is all sorts of wrong with that. Frickin' childish desire.

it should fill out all the other info for you, and as you enter the dimensions you see the box take shape. also gives you the sizes for all the cuts you will need to make. get some cardboard and play around with different sizes to see what will fit through the opening in your trunk. you may need to play around with it a bit to see what the biggest practical box will be

THANK YOU!! you know what, now that i learned what to ask on this forum, i realized how it helped me out and i call myself a dumbass for trying to get my account deleted, and i am sorry for being the arseho of year, but i thank you for all your replies and everyone elses!

oh and you are saying i will need the BIGGEST box possible to fit in the trunk? 2 12" BLs would be better in the biggest box possible for my trunk?

well these are how my local audio shop does their boxes...they told me for 2 bls they would use 1" thick fiberboard....vent/port it like this (sorry for bad quality.....photoshop is on the other computer, and i used ms paint on my gaming pc for this so sorry)

Untitled-2.jpg