Sign in to follow this  
bibs

XXX Components xover question

I just purchased a set of XXX6.5 components from RE and would like to run it active. Would you guys be able to give the the ideal crossover points at what slope to run the mids and the tweeters ? There was no white paper/specs that was included in the box

my gear consists of

Alpine 9887

Audison VR209 (200w x 2 @2ohms) to the Mids

Audison VR203 (70w x 2 @2ohms) to the tweeters

Audiosystem amp 780watts@2ohms

RE SE12 @ 1.1cuft sealed box

Thanks and hoping for a quick reply

There is no ideal for every installation, it will GREATLY depend on your car. Expect to spend many, many hours optimizing them. I would expect with your first shot they will sound much worse than the passives, but once you get them dialed in they will be better.

I am not sure I understand why you'd buy a component set when you plan to run active. For less money there are definitely better drivers out there.

Are the mids the newer ones with Split Coil topology, or the older XBL^2 drivers?

Either way, you'll be limited to the 1.7-2.0 kHz region on the mids. Where you cross the tweeters over will depend on where you position them and level differences. You will likely have to scale back the power on the tweeters a bit, both for safety and a smooth crossover. You'll probably have to underlap a bit.