alexgammer1

BL 18" enclosure?

The dimension of the room i have are 49"w 41"L 41"H. This is the first box i'm going to be builing so a diagram would be nice. so if someone could post a diagram that would be great thanks. THe 18" BL is SPL and i really want it too hit the lows good. thx

Edited by alexgammer1

The dimension of the room i have are 49"w 41"L 41"H. This is the first box i'm going to be builing so a diagram would be nice. so if someone could post a diagram that would be great thanks. THe 18" BL is SPL and i really want it too hit the lows good. thx

What do you mean? Are you talking about getting the "SPL" option?

Yea i ordered it with the SPL option? I dont even know what SPL is?

You better call or email and change that. If you buy the SPL option you cannot play music on it or else your voice coil will crash. The SPL option is for single note burps only.

what! i ordered it tues though? can it be changed now though?

You better try. They make a lot of drivers, so they might be backed up enough that they haven't made yours yet.

it could possibly if they havent shipped it yet. you need to call them asap and get that changed

ok do you have the number I can call too have that switched? and what do you think about a enclosure

I don;t know the phone number. Try nick (at) ficaraudio (dot) com

alright thanks yea i sent him an email i hope they can do that. IF i have to stick with SPL i only can play one tone?

You can play all you want on it, but you are extremely likely to crash your voice coil.

and it will happen

Well said.

and it will happen

Well said.

:D

Edited by RobClay

damm well i sent that nick guy an email so hopefully he'll beable to change it for me. or i dont know what too do. Whats the point of SPL then?

he'l reply. and its what dbjunior said in your other post "if your talking about fi its a tighter gap for more motor strength but it can ruin the coil from music because of coil wobble."

damm well i sent that nick guy an email so hopefully he'll beable to change it for me. or i dont know what too do. Whats the point of SPL then?

SPL is for a tighter gap, when you get the daily option it is a wider gap to accommodate coil wobble, but when you get the SPL option there is less space in the magnetic gap so they can make the motor as strong as possible. The only people that get the SPL option are competitors that pump 3000+ watts into them for one note burps. They want their motors strong.

Moving to Fi section.

why would u go adding options that you dont know what they are?

cause it sounded cool?lol ohh spl option

i need some sound pressha'!!!!

lol

well i new it was only to play it at shorts amount at a time. but i didnt think it had to be that short. someone told me thats all it was so yea.

why would u go adding options that you dont know what they are?

cause it sounded cool?lol ohh spl option

i need some sound pressha'!!!!

lol

Be nice now, yes he should have asked what it was exactly, but he can fix his mistake. :)

lol you are lucky that we respond fast to the threads...