mrogowski

Big Dave's Truck Project

awesome skillz. great work. I need more pictures though lol

x2 yeah we do!

MORE PICS!! you do some great work dave!

I wanna see more !!!!

pics, oics, pics, please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):)

Oh to have an ounce of your skill. Great build! I look forward to seeing it completed. :)

THANKS ALL. 'Preciate the kind words! Its taken longer than I anticipated cuz when I'm sanding to 400 for auto spray paint- I look around and no other work is gettin done. No weldin, no fiberglassin, no wood work, no bondo, no nuthin! :( Had buddies that said they'd come help- but no one ever showed :( SO, I've bin pluggin away.

I have tons of pics- every step, all kinda angles- but havent found a vault to load them in, so Mark does a great job of gettin them up and out for all to see, but I have more, like a 'How to' slide show :)

Truk wiring is run. Need to weld up a bracket & support for the isolater & circuit breaker up in the engine compartment. But its bin -30 degrees up here and the truk doesnt fit in the garage- well, it does, but then no room to work around it.

SO, bin waitin for nicer weather. Using the VB-2 sheeting, sound insulation dampening mat- easyyyy to use. Got the roof done. Doors r ready to do- but again, too cold to stick :(

There are no screws holding this build together- its all 1/4 inch & 1/2 inch bolts and 'T'nuts with bolts- which means that everything has more work involved, cant just fire a screw in to hold something- gotta plan ahead, drill thru, affix the 'T' nut- then router the next piece of wood, so there is a 'recess' to allow for the 'T' nut thickness. Wherever carpet or vinyl wrap around a piece- that piece or the mating piece has the thickness of the carpet or vinyl routered from it- so the pieces mate without a layer of material as a spacer. Just all takes a lot of time :)

Wanted to put all this stuff inside the cab- so the bed is free. But, when the amps arrived- they were 13x18 inch-x 5 of them!~ I looked at the truk and started to laff. Ok- we're puttin amps on the ceiling! Cuz I still wanted to be able to look out the back window. Made things a little more challenging.

The doors were especially a P.I.A! Looked on-line and couldnt find anyone who had done a set of these F-250 doors with the Double pockets! Wanted to do the pod in one wrap- but no way it can be done. So, had to do it in multiple steps. Then- wanna show off the Mach5Audio Speakers- wanted to paint everything rather than use carpet or fun fur. So- bit of a process to get all the glass perfect enuf to paint.

Its funny eh- u do something nice- like a glass/vinyl door panel, and people look and say- "Ya- so?" And they dont realise what they are supposed to be lookin at. BUT- if u hang a big elephant ear off the door, covered in fur - "People yell-- Aww man- look at the speakers they added!" lol.

When I had my own shop, I'd take a vehicle in for a month or months and work on it like a hobby. AT a retail shop- there is no way they'd take this much time to do a build- just no money in it- unless the customer had bags of cash! So- its all doable, but in the constrains of a shop environment- this type of build isnt a money maker, like a quick sub box with carpet, or amp rack, or deck & 2.

Cars I've built or re-fit have won over 200 trophies, just luv doin this stuff! :) A tricky one was a 1985 Vette- with 3x JL 12's, Epicenter, Phoenix Gold MP2500, MP-275, EQ-15 & x-over, 3 capacitors, extra battery, ALL behind the seats! Gotta find someplace to make the pics available:)

If there's any questions, fire away:))) Have a good one!!!

This work is just beautiful. The only word to describe it. Much praise to you. Just makes me want to get more and more into audio.

So Dave sent pictures of how he put the sub box together. Here are shots of his work in random order. Still can't get over the amount of labour involved here:

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

sub5.jpg

sub6.jpg

sub7.jpg

sub8.jpg

Wow! Great work! Keep the pics coming.

It sure looks to be labor intensive. Nice work man!!

More work completed, this time to the sides of the sub box.

cover1.jpg

cover2.jpg

cover3.jpg

cover4.jpg

Dave chose a nice copper pattern to mount some of the electronics on.

cover5.jpg

cover6.jpg

cover7.jpg

As usual, the fit and finish is spectacular

cover8.jpg

keep the pics coming this is a great build!

More shots of the sides - looks like the assembly of them:

cover9.jpg

cover10.jpg

cover11.jpg

cover12.jpg

cover13.jpg

cover14.jpg

cover15.jpg

Great work. This thing is going to put up some disgusting numbers... :fing34:

Here's the work done on the door pods:

pod1.jpg

This really sucks - you can see how the door moldings are not the same

pod2.jpg

Work done on the rear of the pods

pod3.jpg

pod4.jpg

pod5.jpg

pod6.jpg

pod7.jpg

The finished product

pod8.jpg

more pics!!!!

i cant wait to see videos of this!

This guy is insane...phenomenal craftsmanship here!