mrogowski

Big Dave's Truck Project

Big Dave,

I have had somewhat the same experience as you though to a much lesser degree. I worked at one shop for a while that was the best in this part of the state and did nice stuff because people would pay but otherwise Ive spent untold years of hell in slam dunk shops where they want it done quick not right, which I refused to do so I would get yelled at for taking a little longer and fixing everyone else's F-ups even from other locations. With that mud slung, you have really gave me some new ideas with your build and when I do my next personal large scale build I will do things a little differently even if it takes a lot more time. I really appreciate the planning you put into the job and I realized I'm gonna have to learn to WELD... Thanks for the pics and info and I am all for how to's and progressions so any pics you have on building up I'm game. The more I look at it the more I LOVE the amp rack and really like the mad system control up front. I'm Glad I'm not the only lover of outboard EQ's left. :)

Kick Arse Bro

SWEEET! :) It takes one to know one, eh Buzz! Most people look at it ( well, everyone) and they DONT GET IT! They just have NO concept of what it takes to hand build, carve, shape, invent, etc. IF u do a great vinyl door panel, they look at it and say- "Ya? so?" with a blank stare. And dont have a clue what they are supposed to be looking at? BUT- if u hang a huge Elephant ear covered in fur, off the door, they rage to their friends, "Look- he added speakers there!" lol.

And thats ok. BUT-, I appreciate that YOU appreciate what goes into one of these builds (& mine :)

There is only ONE way to do something- the RIGHT way! I was Champ and then when the comp circuit dried up - it was all about Car Starters! grrr! Hate them!

OR the shops I worked at would get the 'Deck & 2' & 'Deck & 4' jobs at the dealer yards. They'd give u a carton of 12 decks - CHEAP crap, no molex plugs, u get to the yard and hard wire these turds in and 1/2 of the 12 decks wouldnt turn on. Cut them out and install another one- bah! Thats not what I DO! So, I'd move on. The shop owners wouldnt care cuz they needed a warm body to put the gear in and couldnt sell Custom to save their lives!

I talked to our Phoenix Gold rep in Ontario, he said call the rep in Alberta, then THAT fella told me there was a 12 v shop looking for a custom guy. Chatted with the owner and few weeks later moved 4000 clicks out west!

NOW- out here, the DB drags are about all we have :( SO- I'll attend, maybe can interest people into install again?? At least get some MACH5AUDIO subs out there :)

IF u look at the pics of the steel amp rack- one shot has 4 bent pieces lying on an amp- the first braces I made had a 90 degree bend on them, then when I tried to get the canopy into the truk- uh-oh, the 90 bends hit the back slope of the cab. GRRR- had to form new ones tighter around the cab and amp , then cut the ends off and weld them back in. DIDNT take too long, but evidence of sometimes the LONG way IS the short way, in getting to ur destination!

I have lots more progress pics, but my MACH guy hasnt loaded them yet- dont know if he's away on vacation or what? But IF I can figer how to up-load them, I can get them up and show the finished ones as well :) INSPIRATION is the mother of all invention! Get at 'er! :)) BD

Here are some more pictures of the install - some of the finer workings of the amp 'rack' and the screens he installed on each of the rear sides so you can watch what it is he's playing for you.

111.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

444.jpg

A couple of shots showing the round-over work:

555.jpg

666.jpg

Here are the shot of the display. Very nice...

777.jpg

888.jpg

I'm not sure what this is but it looks nice :D

999.jpg

Here are some pictures of the finished system. I should be receiving more shortly...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And here is a video of the system close up - simply gorgeous :)

Congratulations Big Dave! fing34.gif Looks insane!!!!!!Doh.gif

It's a fantastic instal!!! I love it, even if I will never be able to listen to it!

Thanks all :) Car show today and next Stereo/DB Drag is Sept 13th- keep u posted :)

September 13th in Orlando, Florida?? :)

Thanks all :) Car show today and next Stereo/DB Drag is Sept 13th- keep u posted :)

September 13th in Orlando, Florida?? :)

Calgary AB Canada- A-TEAM Audio host- Set NEW World record for their class 3 weeks ago in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada :)

Update- Hey all, good news. Sept 13th show in Calgary Canada, took 2 First place trophies! 1st Place SS5+ DB Drag & Best Install.

A-TEAM stomped their own World Record set 4 weeks ago, with a 164! Heading to Worlds- good luck CLAY!

RIPROCK was there- INtense vehicle! 179.5 I believe. Loudest in Canada and 4th in World I hear?

Good luck guys.

Mines pretty- NOT a Ground Pounder like these Mad-Men! lol

sick man wish i had the time an money for something like that.

damn, wish i had that money and skills, awesome work :)

Damn good job!! Reminds me of the early nineties when guys hit hard,low,and sounded damn good!!!

That is an awesome build, great fiberglassing skills right there!

very nice setup! i love those amplifiers! only thing i hate about them is the internal vent screen! broke the plastic melted tabs and the metal screen fell onto the board and fried my amplifier :(

so i suggest to everyone with it pull the amplifiers face off and reemove or use some good epoxy all over the grill to the back of the face so it never falls off and fries yours!

man that is something i would dream of doing ........ wish i can, i just need the money .................

:suicide-santa: :

IAK

Edited by rattlebox317

Awesome finished product. :)