mrogowski

Big Dave's Truck Project

all i can say is wow. i just started getting into the car audio world and this is one of the reasons why. awesome build man love to see someone put so much time and effort into it

Hey ALL- its March 12 2011! Uggg- bin awol for so long!

UPDATE on the TRUK! GOT it done in 8 MONTHS! lol

Drains the 3 Batteries to 50% flat in 30 seconds!

11 First Place victories, BEST SQ, in DB-DRAG Psychlone. Took BEST TRUK in 1990 & Up at 'SHow 'N Shine' events.

SET a NEW WORLD RECORD Sept 2010 for Highest Score ever attained in DB-DRAG Psychlone Amateur Series out of 78,000 competitors!!

NOTE- I didnt have access to a TermLab meter and only got a 86 for RTA- have 1/12th octave AC DQX so a 100 score is SOOO possible- just need tune time!

8'x12's Behind the seat of the F250 and the HIGHEST Lowest note was 28 HZ!

So- got 52 Bonus Points! The enclosure is adjustable from 16 Hz to 48 Hz and I had the 28 Hz ports in- cuz I like that LOW bass SQ, so- WHEN I can get my hands on a TL and some hours tuning- I gotta see IF the 28 Hz note was a correlation to the 28 Hz PORT- as the Loudest freq IN the TRUK Cab is 46 hz- SO- IF it is the ports, then I'm going to see IF I can get the tuning DOWN lower- think the Lowest note is just a 25 or 26 hz? WUD be cool to set a NEW Record in that as well :) Buddy A-TEAM has 44,000 watts and 8x15's and is WORLD Record holder in HIS class and HIS JIMBO managed a 28 Hz note also- So I'm Very happy that my little 12's rite behind my ass gets LOW & dirty! :)

Looking forward to the season starting- its STILL -21 degrees up here in Canada- Brrr!

Leaderboard- its BIG DAVE for my TRUK :)

http://dbdrag.com/asp/lb.asp?ListMethod=12&Org_ID=3&Season_Select=2010&Continent_Select=0&Country_Select=All&State_Select=All&Class_Select=0&SessionID=564779613

The ones Higher above me are PRO, and I CANT catch them- cuz the DB numbers they put up are too high for me to catch, but theres 14 more points IN my RTA I can get ( jsut need tune time)! Comparrison- A TEAM has 44,000 watts- so he's an ASS-KICKER in DB, and I ONLY have 4000 watts going to my 8x 12"subs- they get 500 watts each- haha, YA - WAY under powered but this TRUK was built for Install, and SQ and just to look cool, so that it HAPPENS to get dam loud is just a bonus! :)

Thanks for Following! Remember- If its TOO Loud- UR TOO Old! lol

Congrats, I remember following this build. The attention to detail was awesome. Nice update.

Chad