lamchop_8

Is this a good setup (Please help)

I plan on buying 1 18'' Fi.BL with these options:dual 2 ohm,cooling,flatwind coil,daily option.Hooked up to a US Amps MD1D thats 1200 rms at 1 ohm.the BL's handle 1000 rms do you think the bl can handle the whole 1200 rms from the amp?I love loud bass but want it to hit low notes as well so what should i tune it to? With a ported box from 6-9 cubic ft. BTW just for a lucky guess how much db will I possibly b hitting will it be over 145db possibly 148db-149db.is that loud? Please answer all my questions.

P.S. I found the US Amps MD1D for just 209.00 is that a good price or is it the base price? Also how good are US Amps from a 1/10? Are they better than Kicker and Hifonics?

Thanks Guys :)

Edited by Randy.D

I plan on buying 1 18'' Fi.BL with these options:dual 2 ohm,cooling,flatwind coil,daily option.Hooked up to a US Amps MD1D thats 1200 rms at 1 ohm.the BL's handle 1000 rms do you think the bl can handle the whole 1200 rms from the amp?I love loud bass but want it to hit low notes as well so what should i tune it to? With a ported box from 6-9 cubic ft. BTW just for a lucky guess how much db will I possibly b hitting will it be over 145db possibly 148db-149db.is that loud? Please answer all my questions.

P.S. I found the US Amps MD1D for just 209.00 is that a good price or is it the base price? Also how good are US Amps from a 1/10? Are they better than Kicker and Hifonics?

First off how much are you willing to spend on a amp?

First off how much are you willing to spend on a amp?

My friend is selling it for 209.00 and its 100% new! He's selling it because he never got it hooked up + he needs the money So is that a good price or what?

You didn't answer the question. If you are willing to go more expensive, there may be a better amp out there for 300. Or is 210 the max of your budget? Without knowing this, you won't get an answer because we don't have enough information to make a useful suggestion.

I love loud bass but want it to hit low notes as well so what should i tune it to?

Stick to the recommended.

how much db will I possibly b hitting

Who knows.

is that loud?

Depends. To some, extremely. To others, not so much.

The MD1D is on par with kicker and way better then hifonics IMO... A SPL number will be hard pressed to guess without a complete pile of information and then its still up to the install and a bit of luck... lol

Although i dont own a BL i read tons of times that it can handle that much power without risk if the gains are adjusted without clipping for all day use as long as the enclosure is made correctly. Most music you hear wont have notes below 30 so porting to 35HZ would be perfect once you factor in cabin gain.

You didn't answer the question. If you are willing to go more expensive, there may be a better amp out there for 300. Or is 210 the max of your budget? Without knowing this, you won't get an answer because we don't have enough information to make a useful suggestion.

Yeah 210.00 is my max.Im saving up on it. so how much db could I possibly be hitting?

so how much db could I possibly be hitting?

Somewhere in the audible range of sound.

Anything beyond that is pure speculation...

I think it will hit 118.2 db.

That amp will be fine.

I think it will hit 118.2 db.

That amp will be fine.

Are you 100% sure with that answer or are you just pulling my leg?Because my 2 12'' Kenwood Tornados are hitting 137-141db the only reason why their hitting that much is because of the enclosure. You can have a chitty sub + amp but put it the right enclosure and it will thump. Am i right?if not correct me.

BTW:Their for sale if anyone wants them 300 cash :)

I'm 100% sure. It will do 118.2 db.

Now, I didn't say it wouldn't do more than that.

But honestly it's a very silly question. So you get silly answers. Nobody knows what it will measure. There isn't a database somewhere that relates every vehicle with every sub, amp, and enclosure combination that will tell you exactly what you will measure. And chances are probably 1 in 10,000,000 that there is even somebody with the same vehicle as you (which you didn't specify), with the same enclosure as you (which you didn't specify), with the same electrical system (which you didn't specify), and lastly, with the same sub and amp, that will be able to tell you.