gerront

Pictures of my Explorer ..All kicker....

PB120547.jpg

PB120548.jpg

PB120549.jpg

L shaped port about 16 inches long

PB120550.jpg

Kicker 2500.1

PB120551.jpg

PB120552.jpg

PB120553.jpg

Edited by 4runner

put the rims and 4 15's in this instead of the 4 runner ;) explorers have ALOT of room

how does it sound.

They sound very good actually!!! Surprised me....the windshield had a crack in it when i bought it and then i installed all of this and needless to say if cracked all the way across. It was only metered once,...oddly enough it was in a stereo competition where they put the meter (TL) at the headrest??? at it hit a 146.6....

Ill get a video up on my explorer as soon as i have time....as you can see these pictures were just taken and yes its dark outside...so when i have daylight this weekend ill see if i can post a vid

Well robclay my 4runner is my pride and joy...that is my baby and she gets the best...plus its my daily driver....

Well the video will tell the tell if i ever get one of it......

About 42hz...i think...i got it all on paper somewhere but that sounds right,...42hz...final answer....lol

hard for me to believe that it's tuned to 42 hz and yet "it sounds very good actually." But :shrug:

???Ok then, Mr KU40....maybe what i mean is that its loud as piss and in return i think it "sounds good". Why would you think tuned to 42 Hz would sound bad??? J/W

In all honesty im really not sure if was 42hz?.....it may be lower...aww hell ill refigure it up and see again...

Edited by 4runner

Tuned to 42 hz wouldn't be something that i would say "sounds good"

I understand what you mean, I'm sure it's plenty loud for what it is and sounds decent for what it is. As long as it meets your expetations and you're happy with it...

BTW..not a bad score for MECA without aligning/tuning for it..(I'm assuming MECA from the headrest comment)

My buddies Full Size Blazer only does 146's in meca but is louder than P!$$ to sit in.... there's a video of it in the build log section. He runs 2 L715's on 2k tuned 30, sounds decent(not great but he likes it), gets VERY loud...

Looks like fun.

Well it's good if you think it sounds good to you, that's the most important, as rushrun stated. I should have said I personally don't think I'd ever put those two in the same sentence.

Yeah it was MECA ......i dont like there rules at all.....well in everybody elses opinion what would be a good tuning frequency for it to "sound good"?

How big is your box and what model of kickers do you have?

Box is somewhere around 15 cu ft.i think. Still lookin for my old info i did on it.... Would a tuning of 30 Hz be better on a meter?

The speakers are all 4ohm kicker comps

No, a tune of 30 hz would almost definitely not be better on a meter.

I just modeled those up in winISD and the graph isn't as bad as I thought it would be with a 42 hz tune, and unfortunately it's actually not much better with a 30 hz tune (in terms of flat response and low frequency extension). It still wouldn't be able to play below 40 hz very well. They're like the old Orion XTR subs I had.

Ok, i guess that design i did worked out pretty well.....Its set up mainly for Max. SPL #s though....so ill be leaving it alone for now. My future plans will be to upgrade the Comps to the CVR's and add another Kicker 2500.1....that should surely put it past the 150dB mark....

Ok, i guess that design i did worked out pretty well.....Its set up mainly for Max. SPL #s though....so ill be leaving it alone for now. My future plans will be to upgrade the Comps to the CVR's and add another Kicker 2500.1....that should surely put it past the 150dB mark....

I loved my Kicker CVR's, They actually had very flat response and put up some good numbers.

I got a few more pics of the explorer im about to put up...if anybody is interested.....