DeadlyHertz

I like to call it "Maximum Excursion

EDIT: Double post.

Edited by Duran

he hit a 161.4 outlaw at db drag world finals demoing..... he also changed companies and went to crossfires... but those were fi's in that vid...

I knew he runs Crossfire amps. but I thought he kept the Q's?

wow. specs on that would be great.

anyway, back t my build.

i got out tonight and covered the floor in the back of the van where the speaker box will set. I should have some pictures up tomorrow.

he hit a 161.4 outlaw at db drag world finals demoing..... he also changed companies and went to crossfires... but those were fi's in that vid...

at db drag he had the Q's in but with crossfire dustcaps on. he is switching to a beefier crossfire similar to the btl's

does anyone here know the model of the amps?

all i know is it was a crossfire 2400... not for sure of the exact model #

at db drag he had the Q's in but with crossfire dustcaps on. he is switching to a beefier crossfire similar to the btl's

It's called the XSPL series, they are amazing woofers. His amps are Crossfire XP2400D they are rated at 12.8 volts and come with a 7 year warranty if installed by a dealer. I an authorized Kicker, Powerbass and Crossfire dealer.

Sweet build so far, the fiberglass looks great!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update. had to get the glass off cuz for some odd reason it pealed up around the edges so gonna get some fiberglass cloth and try that. it worked when i fixed the busted part of the door pannels

also

yesterday i ordered the ho alt for the van. got it from Nate at Excessive Amperage in AL. should have it hopefully by the 26th. :):) it powtercoated red. costed 370.00. so as it is i have a lil over 700 tied up in this.

also

ordered and have recieved the 4/0 wire for the batteries in the back. 80shipped. found a great deal on another forum so i pounced on it. got 20 feet of it.

update.

11-22-08

i am a happy person today! FedEx came by unexpectedly and brought my Excessive Amperage 200amp ho alt.

buildupdate11-22-08011.jpg

buildupdate11-22-08012.jpg

buildupdate11-22-08013.jpg

buildupdate11-22-08014.jpg

it came around 5ish so i had to go excercise ( walk 2miles+ like i do everyday,) then it took about 2hours to get off the stock one and thats as far as i got.

buildupdate11-22-08008.jpg

it wasnt too bad. alls i had to do was remove the power steering pump which was pretty streight forward sense i have a garage. this gave me full access to the stock alt. in that car you only have 3 inches or so b/w the pully and the frame so it was kinda hard getting on those lower nuts but i did it. the velt tensioners arent that bad either. set screws are easy.

buildupdate11-22-08016.jpg

you can see what space i talk about when you look to the right of the alt in that pic

i also replaced all the battery cables. havent done the wire to the alt yet. gotta order the wire.

here are just some random pics of the van

this is where the battery trad was. am gonna modify this so that i can stack 2 batteries there and close the hood.

buildupdate11-22-08017.jpg

this is the stock alt before removal.

buildupdate11-22-08024.jpg

buildupdate11-22-08021.jpg

this is the 4/0 wire that runs the red top battery thats in the back of the van.

it has a 300 amp anl fuse and fuse holder on it. that was a hellish big hole in the firewall.

buildupdate11-22-08018.jpg

what i did was:

i already had a 1/0 running back that was origionally gonna be the power wire. BUT i found a rediculas deal on 4/0. got 20feet for 80shipped. had 18inches left over. anyway i had that 0ga ran thru a hole that came from the factory but i needed a hole bigger than 3/4 for the 4/0 so, i drilled a small hole and kept getting bigger with each drill bit up to a 1/2 inch. then that was still small for the 4/0 so drilled another hole beside the first one and repeated the process. wide enuf but STILL to small. so drilled above the 2 holes and repeated process once again. encouraged it with channel lock pliers and it worked for the 0ga. KNU 0ga to be exact. the best 0ga. anyway. sense i dont have gromits, i wrapped it to hell and back with electricians tape to keep it safe. did this to both the 4/0 and the 1/0 so its powered by and grounded to the fromt battery. this took a while.

4/0 is big thick wire!

buildupdate11-22-08005.jpg

buildupdate11-22-08004.jpg

buildupdate11-22-08006.jpg

nice, I love build logs. looks good so far.

where's your shop at?

6miles from fort valley GA

25miles south of macon GA

i love build logs too! like to see what my SPL friends are up to.