schwarzl

Question about the Big 3

So I am going to do the big 3 on my 2001 Jetta. I am going to be using 4awg. When you guys upgrade the alt. to the battery positive is it a straight run, from alt. to battery? I dont know much about cars but my cousin said the the wire goes from the alt. to the starter than to the battery, is it like this with all cars?

So I am going to do the big 3 on my 2001 Jetta. I am going to be using 4awg. When you guys upgrade the alt. to the battery positive is it a straight run, from alt. to battery? I dont know much about cars but my cousin said the the wire goes from the alt. to the starter than to the battery, is it like this with all cars?

Why don't you use 0GA?

If you ever have a high power demanding system in the future your going to have to re-run the wire in 0GA so you might as well do it now.

And about your question I'm not sure.

Why don't you use 0GA?

If you ever have a high power demanding system in the future your going to have to re-run the wire in 0GA so you might as well do it now.

4gauge is a lil thin dont ya think bro?....i would go with 1/0 or 0gauge like ^^^^^^ said....bigger the wire the better man....also fuse it

4/0 Gauge is the way to go! www.weldingsupply.com

Why don't you use 0GA?

4gauge is a lil thin dont ya think bro?....i would go with 1/0 or 0gauge like ^^^^^^ said....bigger the wire the better man....also fuse it

1/0 = 0 gauge

Leave the stock wire from alt to battery and just add a fused wire.

I ordered 0 gauge for it. Now do I run the wire straight from the alt. to the battery? Or do I go from the alt. to the starter than to the battery because thats how it is now? I am also looking at getting a new battery, whats better a red top Otima or a yellow top?

like he said^ leave the stock wire there and add another run straight from your alt to your battery

yellow top, but look at Powermaster or Kinetik before optima