Sign in to follow this  
97gp

Help with a 2.1 setup

Im wanting to make a little 2.1 setup with some full range drivers im looking at the fostex ff165k In the link it shows the enclosure I would probably build for them. Does anyone have expirience with this kind of setup. This will be used for watching movies and listening to music.

Do you guys know what kind of power these these would need. Im starting from scratch so im also looking for a receiver or some other way to power them for under $300. Im not to familiar with Home audio so I dont really know any thing so any help is ok with me.

fostexff165k

where is this going to be used the tv or computer. if the tv i would suggest a 3.1 the center channel is an important channel for movies for a nice full sound. id also suggest a nice reciever capable of 5.1 if you later decided to upgrade. $300 is a bit on the lower side for a 3.1 plus reciever but im sure it could be done.

I'd rather use a BIB enclosure for those - http://www.zillaspeak.com/bib.asp

They're excellent drivers.

I know you mentioned movies, but if this is more a two-channel setup, I wouldn't get a receiver, personally. Go with something like a T-amp design instead...

Ok those bibs look like they would be a pretty easy way to go. As I said im new to this so you say to not get a receiver. So do you have more info on my other options like some websites? And would it be cheaper to go that way or what?

I'd look on Audiogon and see what integrated amps are in your budget...