Mark LaFountain

dCON prototypes are arriving today (Video page 3)

I call dibs on naming the next one.

I'll call it the "JOHNeCON"

LMAO....

It's tonight. PICS!!!!! I will test two 12's out for you ;)

dCon? You mean that rat bait stuff?

ups lost his subs :(

WHAT!?!?!?! That is absurd.

A 12" prototype is on its way to me also.

pics?

Not in yet, and I am at the office all day. Plus Mark has to work also.

This model is meant for people who want the clean response of the Icon, but do not want to run as much power or as large of a sub. Also, we badly needed a high quality offering that was less expensive then the Icon.

As the Icon is what brought the SSA Speakers to market, it set the bar for all our future drivers. So with people being very happy with the sound, we had to address the two groups people that ended up steering away from the Icon when it came time to buy. The first issue was the people wanting to still have the sound of the Icon, but wanting to reach insane levels of output and higher power handling, not to mention a jump up in Xmax. The other group of people were ones that did not want to spend in the $200's for a sub woofer, but still wanted top notch sound. Because of our age and size as a speaker brand, we cannot offer the prices that a company like Rockford Fosgate, who build thousands at a time over seas.

Forgot to mention, we had been planning this driver for a while, but had moved the Xcon up in order. So the time to production will be some what shorter after prototypes have been fully tested and any changes or adjustments. I have a good feeling we will be very happy with these prototypes for the Dcon, so we should be able to reach production before the Xcon. The Xcon is taking longer due to the large amount of steel needed for the motor.

I'm glad I was in the market that liked the Icons. I'm sure the dCON will be a spectacular woofer.

Not in yet, and I am at the office all day. Plus Mark has to work also.

This model is meant for people who want the clean response of the Icon, but do not want to run as much power or as large of a sub. Also, we badly needed a high quality offering that was less expensive then the Icon.

As the Icon is what brought the SSA Speakers to market, it set the bar for all our future drivers. So with people being very happy with the sound, we had to address the two groups people that ended up steering away from the Icon when it came time to buy. The first issue was the people wanting to still have the sound of the Icon, but wanting to reach insane levels of output and higher power handling, not to mention a jump up in Xmax. The other group of people were ones that did not want to spend in the $200's for a sub woofer, but still wanted top notch sound. Because of our age and size as a speaker brand, we cannot offer the prices that a company like Rockford Fosgate, who build thousands at a time over seas.

exactly. the icon was what i heard about and brought me to the forum but i had neither the money or power for one. i wonder how the dCON stacks up to my AA arsenal?

so price definitely below $200? hmmm

And will there be an 18" offering? :ehh: Ideas ideas..

so price definitely below $200? hmmm

And will there be an 18" offering? :ehh: Ideas ideas..

Yes, below $200. No, right now this line will only be 10/12 with the 8 down the road. 18's will be coming with the Xcon's.