phresh

Whats the best sounding HU in your opinion??

Which one sounds the best to you?

No dvd players or navigation systems... just regular 1/2 din cd players

Edited by phresh

i have the pioneer 9800bt... a very good deck... only downer would be trying to browse for songs on your ipod... takes forever!

PIONEER ALL THE WAY!!!! and yes i was shouting cause i'm a fanatic with the radios.

Oh ya just installed Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS in my buddys ride and sound great but they need at least 100watts plus

Best sound with a ton of tunning options IMO is the Pioneer 880-PRS. I wish I never got rid of mine.

Essentially the 800-PRS is the samething, just newer if I am not mistaken.

Pionner, Alpine, and Nakamichi in my opinon are some of the best sounding radios you can use....as long as you get one of there "nicer" radios and not one of there entry level HU's......

I am looking at getting a new deck soon, how is the Eclipse CD3200, how is that compared to an Alpine CDA-9886 or a Pioneer DEH-P700BT?

Edited by schwarzl

which brands do you guys think have the best audio cross over settings

Pioneer P9 combo, Clarion DRZ9255, Alpine H701 processor w/ RUX controller...I know you said no DVD players, but the DVI-9990 is one hell of a unit :)

I just ordered my Pioneer avh-p5000dvd i know it a 1 din but i cant wait to get it. I read a lot on it and it looks like it should be a good unit. All i have ever had is pioneer, and they have been nothing but good to me.

My mid-grade Alpine is better than the mid-grade Pioneer I had before, and a whole lot better than the entry-to-mid-grade Kenwood I had. That Kenwood was garbage. Absolute night and day difference in sound when I upgraded it to my Alpine. My friend has a clarion and it does pretty good. But I don't know about crossover options and all that, I've never had a deck with them on it. They're all too expensive for my tastes.