Sign in to follow this  
lithium

00 mercury sable

the plan is to get the 15 l7 walled off and deaden the cab with a roll of raamat.

im planning on keeping his factor stereo because he has the digital climate controlls build in. its the mach audio system so there is a factory amp. ive been told its puts outs 20x4.

id like to add the mtx req if anyone thinks it would help.

and as far the speakers go idk what id like to do here. budget is about 150-175.

or

$250 budget if u throw out the mtx req and go a different way with that.

any advice?

wow 33 views and no posts.... ummm can someone tell me what size speakers are in the doors and rear deck for me? crutchfield doesnt list them but i think they are like 6x8s so ill have to do a 5.25 or make a spacer for 6.5"

ok, reading this made my head ache. what is your trying to do? you want advice on a sub to run? or you are running an L7?

It's a Ford/Mercury, so it has 5x7/6x8 speakers. I just bought some 5x7's and they dropped right into my Explorer's holes. You can make some 6.5" spacers pretty easily.

As for the EQ......it depends on how much headache you want vs. how much you think he'll actually use it. You'll have to find out if the EQ has low level and high level inputs and outputs and if the factory amp has low or high level inputs, and you may have to buy one or two LOCs depending on what they each have if they aren't the same.

ok, reading this made my head ache. what is your trying to do? you want advice on a sub to run? or you are running an L7?

my bad, my bro is like find some speaker and chit for my car and i dont really fell like dealing with it right now.

sub is the l7 yes. currently its running off at 900rms kenwood amp. using a LOC.

rest of the system is factory mach audio.

so my question is what would you do with 250 bucks to get the best sound out of it?

It's a Ford/Mercury, so it has 5x7/6x8 speakers. I just bought some 5x7's and they dropped right into my Explorer's holes. You can make some 6.5" spacers pretty easily.

As for the EQ......it depends on how much headache you want vs. how much you think he'll actually use it. You'll have to find out if the EQ has low level and high level inputs and outputs and if the factory amp has low or high level inputs, and you may have to buy one or two LOCs depending on what they each have if they aren't the same.

the mtx thing i mentioned mtx Req is just a bass restorer that i thought would help. listen to the mach system with the LOC on the sub amp shows that increasing volume past a certain point gives no increase in bass volume.

ive found something interesting that is offered by blaupunkt. there amps are direct plug-ins to factory systems. blaupunkt