Sign in to follow this  
JimJ

not cool

Yes. I am now running a DCX2496 in my car. I am on my laptop in the car, with the software open and adjusting it, while it is in the trunk. :)

You should post pictures over on Forceaudio.

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

:D

There's still a couple gremlins in the PHP, I think, but posting should be working again, along with new user sign ups...

I can't mention other forums now? Mind showing me in the TOS where it says this? Mind showing me any rule I broke deserving deletion?

Maybe I shouldn't recommend any products that SSA doesn't sell? Would that make you happy? I've got a better idea. I'm off to places where being a sheep isn't required...

If you'd like some lessons on how to raise an army of sycophants, I'm sure Ben Milne could give you some pointers, but it seems like you're off to a good start on your own. Good luck with that.

Jesus, you're a fucking prick Jim, with an attitude like that I hope you do stay gone.

Grow up.

I can't mention other forums now? Mind showing me in the TOS where it says this? Mind showing me any rule I broke deserving deletion?

Maybe I shouldn't recommend any products that SSA doesn't sell? Would that make you happy? I've got a better idea. I'm off to places where being a sheep isn't required...

If you'd like some lessons on how to raise an army of sycophants, I'm sure Ben Milne could give you some pointers, but it seems like you're off to a good start on your own. Good luck with that.

First off, this post was not deleted, if it was, we would not be able to see it now. It was moved into this section to discuss, hence the title of the section "Topics under review". But your reaction shows you rather react first and talk about it later. Seems to be common practice around here as of late.

Next, this has nothing to do with the TOS, it has to do with common decency as a moderator of a forum such as this. On a forum where the mod team, and administrators are very active, it is not too kosher for a moderator to be suggesting or hinting to members to move over to another forum of similar focus as this. Especially after the exodus by a number of people who would rather run off stamping their feet like a child instead of learning the truth and being loyal to something such as this by talking about it like adults. And please don't try to pretend you are not trying to get members to move to forceaudio, I can see it on the front page of my facebook home page showing you telling Tom and Ryan to go there.

I have no problem with forceaudio what so ever, if I did I would not be a member over there, and I would not have the admin of that site as a global moderator here on this site.

As for the products the shop sells, that has nothing to do with what people post on here, and that has nothing to do with this topic at all. You are trying and failing to group this post with common practice with other places that does not even apply in this case. Numerous people suggest items and products from companies not on the shop or on the forum at all. And there is zero modifications or moderation to their posts. We advertise our products on our own site, but we do not push our products. This would be one thing from some new member who does not have good forum etiquette, but you are a moderator of this site.

On the topic of you leaving, you have had an attitude with new members and even long running members that is somewhat on the elitist & harsh side. Even in phone conversations with prominent members, about the forum or shop, a few have asked me if you were some pissed off old grumpy man. I said no and defended you. I should never have to do that period, makes our selection of moderators look questionable.

Now your attempt to tie SSA and eD together or draw some sort of similarity is very thin at best. We would not have brands on here we don't sell, we would not have competing speaker brands, we would not even suggest other products we don't sell or have access to, we would not allow members to suggest or link to other items,

I am sure you are going to bad mouth us/SSA on other sites because you want to react first instead of discussing. Case in point of your attempt to try to put down the Icon on CA.com (in a comparison topic between it and the IDMAX) and painting that exact speaker in context as some super modified, touched by G*D driver, when in reality it was a suspension modification optimized for that install, everything else being stock, which for the most part can be seen plain as day in pictures of that driver when it was installed. Again, an instance where you want to react before finding out the whole story.

Jim, we did come to expect better. The moderators are the people who we should not be worrying about at all. Now I don't have an issue with you, just your actions as of late. And then this attempt of trying to use misdirection by a non-existent association with a party with questionable practices, really takes the cake for me.

I missed chunks of Thanksgiving dinner working with Mark trying to get SSA rolling at 100% again, and this is the level of thanks we get. The amount of childish drama and questionable actions by long time members, have really pissed me off big time. The time and effort we put into this site, never asking a penny from ANYONE, and this is the flack we get for years we have put into this place. This is another sign that people who gave the perception of being loyal to SSA and being apart of SSA, really never were.

Damn, I forgot how nicely I wrote that.

It was a great post!!

Sign in to follow this