penguin3820

random question

I am not tooo interesting in using a home theater receiver and all of that. I moreso like the concept of putting a car system in home. Not for the outstanding theater surround sound just for the deep loud bass and all that. I was wondering what places like Best Buy and other places use to run their display system. I am looking moreso for like a brand and model. I am assuming they use power supplies but the only ones i have found are small ones for computers. And if possible I would like to avoid getting a battery charger and battery(s). I intend on at least 1 rf power 1000 5 channel amp. Maybe a large four channel and a 1000-1500 rms sub amp. Im looking for total system power about 2000. any help or info is welcome

you just need an 110/12volt... a larger one... and a few batteries

you can do the computer thing like take the power supply out of an old computer but it will not power that much evert time it hits it will shut off

no not a charger,

but it can be done,

just a high amp converter. with a few sealed cells.

you can do computer power supplies some are up to 1200w and you can link several together but a small sealed batt added for some storage would be nice.

Why don't you just get Home audio stuff?

for the sub

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=300-810

and you could easily find a stereo or 5.1 amp with just as much power for much cheaper.

The whole idea isn't really practical. A high current power supply is expensive, as are batteries. You'd be better off buying a bunch of nice HT equipment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Kardon-HK-AVR-1...2|39:1|240:1318

Between the Harman Kardon and the Dayton rack amp, you are still cheaper than the Pyramid power supply and you don't even need to buy amps or batteries.

The shop I work at uses a 120V to 12V converter and about 3 yellow tops to run our board, and even then, running full tilt, the converter has a hard time.

You can still get deep loud bass without using car stuff.

Edited by todd.brust

3 of these will cost less and supply more power psu connect the 12v in parallel to a small sealed bat then to the amp and hu and you should be good.

3 of these will cost less and supply more power psu connect the 12v in parallel to a small sealed bat then to the amp and hu and you should be good.

I like that option also. what size battery are you talking about? it would need to be a decent size? for 2000 watts

the power supplies will handle almost 2k at 675w each so the smallest powermaster or kinetic should work for the extra strong draws of current or get a fourth. you will also have to run them off of either a 20amp or two 15amp circuits in the house 120v 15amp is 1800w but take the 2k you want and figuire in the 80%efficency and your gonna trip a 15amp breaker a few times.

Why don't you just get Home audio stuff?

for the sub

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=300-810

and you could easily find a stereo or 5.1 amp with just as much power for much cheaper.

The whole idea isn't really practical. A high current power supply is expensive, as are batteries. You'd be better off buying a bunch of nice HT equipment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Kardon-HK-AVR-1...2|39:1|240:1318

Between the Harman Kardon and the Dayton rack amp, you are still cheaper than the Pyramid power supply and you don't even need to buy amps or batteries.

The shop I work at uses a 120V to 12V converter and about 3 yellow tops to run our board, and even then, running full tilt, the converter has a hard time.

You can still get deep loud bass without using car stuff.

i have fryed a power supply running a board i built stupid me... i turned it up full tilt for 30 mins or so on a grand opening,.......

You can get the bass from using car audio subs with pro audio amps. Don't waste the money on this set-up.