ok..I have 4 AA 8's and a hifonics amp 2000 watt brtus. My amp will be on and then out of no where it will shut off. then come back a little bit later it started this when it got cold out. Does anyone know why or how I can fix this.

Model numbers and impedances of the equipment and how you have it wired?

where is the amp mounted

sounds like a low impedence, low voltage or a thermal shut down at this point

are those dvc?

Never hear anything good about Hifonics anymore lol

true i used to enjoy there amps but there so over rated it unbeliveable, and i have had that shut off problem too hook one up to my btl it was the 2608 and i had it about 3/4 of the way up and it shut off like the third time it hit

they r dvc its at 2 ohms but ok here is the thing when I put my floor heater on it doesn't do it so it might be the moisture from peoples shoes in my truck and its kinda like freezing the amp its on the floor on my truck under the seat. it has stopped sense i put the heat like that so idk...damn Michigan

they r dvc its at 2 ohms but ok here is the thing when I put my floor heater on it doesn't do it so it might be the moisture from peoples shoes in my truck and its kinda like freezing the amp its on the floor on my truck under the seat. it has stopped sense i put the heat like that so idk...damn Michigan

Confirm for us what amp you have exactly. Model number.

Then confirm that your woofers are wired like this:

4_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Also explain your installation and electrical upgrades. Please use punctuation and grammar.