SoundSplinter

First Looks: SoundSplinter RL-i Series 8" Driver

not till after monday at the earliest. mike is on vacation till then.

also, those who have emailed him and haven't gotten one in return, that's why. u'll get reply emails after monday.

anyway, i'm keeping my fingers crossed on this lil 8's making it to production soon!!

can we call them lil?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

no more news on the 8's yet id love to have a pair for my door speakers

looking like may....

yep..soon!!

email mike for a more specific date...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Just got back from San Diego tonight. Checked in on some of the parts for the new 8's. They will all be logoless, with a glossed clear coat finish on black aluminum cone. I'm aiming to have them ready to ship in about 4 weeks (April 15th or there abouts)..

I'll do my best to keep you all appraised of any new information as I realize it sun.gif

Just got back from San Diego tonight.  Checked in on some of the parts for the new 8's.  They will all be logoless, with a glossed clear coat finish on black aluminum cone.  I'm aiming to have them ready to ship in about 4 weeks (April 15th or there abouts)..

I'll do my best to keep you all appraised of any new information as I realize it sun.gif

thats awesome Mike

do you send out free ones for reviews? ;)

Wish I could.. but unfortunately this is bread and butter, and bread and butter isn't free wink2.gif

Wish I could.. but unfortunately this is bread and butter, and bread and butter isn't free wink2.gif

understandable

but if you're ever looking for a reviewer :hay:

understandable

but if you're ever looking for a reviewer :hay:

great idea, because I need a topic for my next article :lol:

they are on the beefy side for sure

Any updates on these mike? My godfather might be getting an 8 in his cayenne and I would love for him to get an ss.

Lookin' like just a couple more weeks.

I'm hoping to have the RL-i8's ready to ship by April 8th or thereabouts.

I'll make an announcement when they are ready to roll out. B)

Currently slated to come out at $148 a piece, or $135 a piece if you order a pair  :slayer:

sooo sooo tempting eeee :hyper:

I need to save for these for rear mid-bass

The new RL-i8's just came off the line yesterday!. Unfortunately, we are short on magnet boots for these drivers and will need to wait approximately one more week for those to come in from Ohio. I don't want to start shipping these until I can do so in their fully finished form. I will be down in San Diego hangin' with Thilo for the next two days or so.. going to pull off the spec's from the new production units, hopefully snap a few pictures, and hey maybe even hit some waves in this 80

The new RL-i8's just came off the line yesterday!.  Unfortunately, we are short on magnet boots for these drivers and will need to wait approximately one more week for those to come in from Ohio.  I don't want to start shipping these until I can do so in their fully finished form.  I will be down in San Diego hangin' with Thilo for the next two days or so.. going to pull off the spec's from the new production units, hopefully snap a few pictures, and hey maybe even hit some waves in this 80

I don't know if I caught the mounting depth somewhere or no.

Just wondering if they'll fit in my current kicks or not. Could be tough making them look good down there if I have to make a different panel.

I have one other idea, but I'd need to know the diameter of both the magnet and largest part of the basket.

The new RL-i8's just came off the line yesterday!.  Unfortunately, we are short on magnet boots for these drivers and will need to wait approximately one more week for those to come in from Ohio.  I don't want to start shipping these until I can do so in their fully finished form.  I will be down in San Diego hangin' with Thilo for the next two days or so.. going to pull off the spec's from the new production units, hopefully snap a few pictures, and hey maybe even hit some waves in this 80

Just wondering if they'll fit in my current kicks or not.  Could be tough making them look good down there if I have to make a different panel.

I have one other idea, but I'd need to know the diameter of both the magnet and largest part of the basket.

I'll do my best to grab you those measurements Steve (I think your name is Steve.. if it's not, I apologize sealedlips.gif).

..and supa, magnet boots are the sexyness! You know what they say about first impressions :hyper:

Just wondering if they'll fit in my current kicks or not.  Could be tough making them look good down there if I have to make a different panel.

I'll do my best to grab you those measurements Steve (I think your name is Steve.. if it's not, I apologize sealedlips.gif).

..and supa, magnet boots are the sexyness! You know what they say about first impressions :hyper:

Was that a joke about Steves name ??

Ive only had 1 sub with a boot and i took it off...lol

Whenever you get around it ... no rush at all :)

- Steve :phatyo: