Smanleyman

What was your dumb ticket for?

So I get this squealing tire ticket after making a left turn out of an intersection... I was waiting for the other lane to clear i was in the middle of the intersection and the light was red, so i punched it to get outta there, and I get pulled over and ticketed. I think, go to court I cant lose because of the situation it was. Judge tells me squealing tires is only permittable in an emergency and that was not an emergency. End of story im out 200 bucks thats the Stinger sp1700 I wanna get! ...Life sucks oh well

Edited by fiq15pwnsnoobs

At least you didnt get one for doing a brake-stand at the taco-bell drive through...

At least you didnt get one for doing a brake-stand at the taco-bell drive through...

That's just stupid, who would do that???

Lol first day i got my license, got a fast and loud 98 k1500 silverado 2 10"s pounding...girls with me...taco bell...police?

You knows what funny?

I just got home from work not 10 mins ago..

Its snowing like hell over here in Michigan..

Im going like 25 in a 50 cuz its so icy and a cop pulls me over.

Everything runs clear excpet he asks me why im out so late since im on Parole and its 4 am..

So he gives me back my paperwork and such..

Come to find out he took my drivers license..

So now tomororw morning I gotta call the police station and see if theres a way I can find out if they my License..

Now life sucks..

call PD dispacth now... and meet the officer to get your shit back

My only ticket wasn't really my fault. It was for window tint that had been on my car before I bought it. The cop didn't believe me when I said I had never been pulled over for it in the previous 3 years that I had owned it. He measured my driver's side and it was at 13%. I said look, I'm a law-abiding person, my car was broken into last year and they smashed my passenger's side window, which I got replaced with legal tint. I asked him to measure that one, and yep it was 30%, legal. But from inside they both look the same darkness. At least it was only a $50 ticket, but it was in a different county about 200 miles away during the school year so I had no chance to get to the court to fight it, otherwise I would have.

There is alot of snow here in Alaska, so the cops let us off with running yellow and red lights. haha

Ummmm I'mma have to say vehicle involved 91 in a 65............funny thing is I popped the clutch and went to neutural about .5 miles before he got me. It was also midnight and no body out there........Cost me 275 dollars.

J

almost got a wreckless driving for playing in a snowy parking lot. Jimj probably remembers that one better than i do

I never get pulled over, been 4 years since my ticket (Taco Bell one above^) and I am the luckiest person out of all my friends haha.

I was pulled over once for not coming to a complete stop before I pulled out of a gas station onto the street. I told the officer that was a stupid reason to pull me over. He said they were trying to crack down on kids cruising on this street that were using this gas station as the turn around at the end of the route. I explained to him I was not cruising, just actually getting gas. Even showed my receipt. He went ahead and wrote the ticket.

With a little research, I learned this stopping before entering a roadway has a clause that states "must come to a complete stop prior to the sidewalk before entering the roadway". There was not a sidewalk at this gas station exit. . .

I went to my pre-trial hearing and plead my case to the district attorney. After the entire story of why the officer should not have even given me the ticket, and then showing him the reason it was not a valid ticket (where was I to stop if there was not a sidewalk?), the best he would offer is defensive driving. I said no thanks and requested trial by jury.

I normally deserve a ticket when I get one and I take care of it. I just would not do it this time. First time I have ever requested trial by jury on a ticket. A defensive driving instructor once told us always request trial by jury if you have a valid excuse, reason for the offense, or it is not a valid ticket and the ticket is not thrown out at pre-trial. Courts don't like jury trials for something as simple as a traffic ticket and a jury is more likely to side with your excuse or common sense than a judge if it goes to court. The down side is if you go to jury trial and lose, you will get hit with the max fine because they will try to get some of their court costs back. But you can always hire a traffic attorney at that point and appeal it if they do.

Sure enough in my case, someone reviewed it prior to the trial date and I received a letter in the mail that the ticket had been dismissed and there was no further action required on my part. :D

Edited by BKOLFO4

I still have a perfectly clean record, only ever got one ticket, wreckless endangerment and it got thrown out of court....the benefits of being from a small town and knowing everyone in the courthouse.

been pulled over twice

got to warnings!

rolled through a stop sign for one of the warnings

officer asks why did u run the stop sign?

my reply

"just to get home quicker"

pretty much the truth and it was 1:30am so he probably thought i was drunk or somethin

yes sir fudge the police

fuck the police, eh? but without us, just where would society be? we make bullshit pay, drive bullshit equipment, get cussed at for not doing our job when it doesn't affect a person then get cussed at for doing our job when it does. piss poor hours and the threat of someone with something to prove pulling a gun at a stupid stop, like a seatbelt offense. yeah, fuck the police, and next time you get pulled over, i hope he/ she writes you for everything they can.

no, not everyone of us is perfect, there are indeed some crooked and craptastic cops out there. but there are also some very good ones, and i'm blessed to work with a few of those guys. and when someone like you makes that comment, my blood boils. we aren't perfect, but without us, society would crash. a cop dies every 57hrs on duty somewhere, taking a bullet (or stabbed, or ran over or beat to death) so someone else doesn't have too. why don't you volunteer to take one of their places? i'm sure you'll change your attitude then.

and yeah, i police this place too, and this is your warning. anymore bullshit comments like that, and you won't be making any comments. in all seriousness, i don't care if your joking or not. i will not tolerate that attitude about my brothers and sisters in blue, regardless of time in. understand?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Whats a brake-stand?

im guess standing on the brake and giving it gas

thus spinning the tires and not moving = a shit load of burnt rubber

yes sir fudge the police

fudge the police, eh? but without us, just where would society be? we make bullchit pay, drive bullchit equipment, get cussed at for not doing our job when it doesn't affect a person then get cussed at for doing our job when it does. piss poor hours and the threat of someone with something to prove pulling a gun at a stupid stop, like a seatbelt offense. yeah, fudge the police, and next time you get pulled over, i hope he/ she writes you for everything they can.

no, not everyone of us is perfect, there are indeed some crooked and craptastic cops out there. but there are also some very good ones, and i'm blessed to work with a few of those guys. and when someone like you makes that comment, my blood boils. we aren't perfect, but without us, society would crash. a cop dies every 57hrs on duty somewhere, taking a bullet (or stabbed, or ran over or beat to death) so someone else doesn't have too. why don't you volunteer to take one of their places? i'm sure you'll change your attitude then.

and yeah, i police this place too, and this is your warning. anymore bullchit comments like that, and you won't be making any comments. in all seriousness, i don't care if your joking or not. i will not tolerate that attitude about my brothers and sisters in blue, regardless of time in. understand?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i dont wanna say fudge tho police, but ones around here seem to be scared to do things,.. my dads was the manager at a store it was bein robbed he called the police, took them an hour to get there, they walked in the door, all my dad said was " Hi, I'm dead now". And about a year ago my car got broke into by some guys in a mustang in the walmart parkin lot ( i work at walmart), the guys left a screw driver, a shirt, and tons of prints on my cars trunk, the police refused to take the shirt for a week, refused to take prints of the car, took the screw driver and said it was to hard to get prints off it. I even saw the car that did it again and gave them the licence plate and still nothin happened, then this very week i come out so see another car is broke into, and the cart pushers described the car, and it was the same as the one that broke into mine a year ago. I went and talked to the officer there and hes said, well this stuff is gonna happen this time of year, he didnt ever right a report for the guy that got broke into, then told us, "If yall see any other officers around here tell them what the car looks like"..? um maybe radio in the discription?

I was out on the lot pushin carts yesterday and was surprised i saw, about 5 different cop cars circling the lot for about an hour or more, I was happy they were finally doin somethin about the breakin, BUT. one of the cops drives up to us and asks, " have you seen any guys puttin flyers on cars"??? How do you get 5 cars searchin for a guy puttin flyers on cars, but the guy thats breakin it to cars and stealing ppls property just gets to drive away.

I wish some cops like you say you are could come down here a show these guys how to take charge of all the situations not just the easy ones

i can say the cops in springfield mo have nothing better to do then follow me!!!!!!!

ive gotten every bullchit ticket possible just because they have to write so many tickets everyday

yes sir fudge the police

fudge the police, eh? but without us, just where would society be? we make bullchit pay, drive bullchit equipment, get cussed at for not doing our job when it doesn't affect a person then get cussed at for doing our job when it does. piss poor hours and the threat of someone with something to prove pulling a gun at a stupid stop, like a seatbelt offense. yeah, fudge the police, and next time you get pulled over, i hope he/ she writes you for everything they can.

and yeah, i police this place too, and this is your warning. anymore bullchit comments like that, and you won't be making any comments. in all seriousness, i don't care if your joking or not. i will not tolerate that attitude about my brothers and sisters in blue, regardless of time in. understand?

i dont wanna say fudge tho police, but ones around here seem to be scared to do things,.. my dads was the manager at a store it was bein robbed he called the police, took them an hour to get there, they walked in the door, all my dad said was " Hi, I'm dead now". And about a year ago my car got broke into by some guys in a mustang in the walmart parkin lot ( i work at walmart), the guys left a screw driver, a shirt, and tons of prints on my cars trunk, the police refused to take the shirt for a week, refused to take prints of the car, took the screw driver and said it was to hard to get prints off it. I even saw the car that did it again and gave them the licence plate and still nothin happened, then this very week i come out so see another car is broke into, and the cart pushers described the car, and it was the same as the one that broke into mine a year ago. I went and talked to the officer there and hes said, well this stuff is gonna happen this time of year, he didnt ever right a report for the guy that got broke into, then told us, "If yall see any other officers around here tell them what the car looks like"..? um maybe radio in the discription?

I was out on the lot pushin carts yesterday and was surprised i saw, about 5 different cop cars circling the lot for about an hour or more, I was happy they were finally doin somethin about the breakin, BUT. one of the cops drives up to us and asks, " have you seen any guys puttin flyers on cars"??? How do you get 5 cars searchin for a guy puttin flyers on cars, but the guy thats breakin it to cars and stealing ppls property just gets to drive away.

I wish some cops like you say you are could come down here a show these guys how to take charge of all the situations not just the easy ones

i understand your frustration, and if what you are saying is accurate, then something definitely needs to be done. start by going to council meetings, voicing your complaints to the people who write the paychecks. circulate a petition asking for a police department reform, put the cops on notice. our police chief, whom i call a friend outside of work, was just fired for similiar behavior, and i agree with the council. he wasn't doing his job, and they held him accountable. and such is life.

but be responsible about yourself and your actions. hold yourself accountable. do it the right way. and they will be forced to change, or not have a job. if the council doesn't work, go to the next level, in illinois, it's the standards and training board. i'm sure your state has something similar. if they get involved, lol, one can expect wholesale changes if what you say is 100% accurate.

also, don't forget, we have rules to follow, policies that can handcuff us in everything we do. btw, doesn't your walmart have parking lot cameras? our small town even does. see about getting a copy of the tape, take it to the meetings and force the council to take action if the pd won't.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i can say the cops in springfield mo have nothing better to do then follow me!!!!!!!

ive gotten every bullchit ticket possible just because they have to write so many tickets everyday

no such thing as quotas...they are illegal. however, we are empowered to write as many tickets as we want. and if you don't draw attention to yourself, you won't get followed. of course, you never do that, right?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

id have to look into those council meetings.. ive heard but not positive that a lot of the police in the next town over (little rock, ar) are dirty...

as for those cameras, they wouldnt let me see any tapes. And a funny thing about them, they tell all the employees to park in the white lines spaces, because thats where alot of cameras are concentrated. so that shere i parked, but after this happened they told me off half of the cameras have rain damage, the only camea that could see my car was on the back of the building on the side. about 100 yards + away, they said all they could see was dots running around my car.