Duran

Tis A Great Day In The World Of Duran...

Keep in mind if your mounting the subs on the 13" tall face, using 1" mdf you only have 11" internal height and the cut out is 11.125".

I'm in a pickle. I raised the height to 14 inches, and tuning is still okay, I took port width down to 5" so I have 60^2 in. of port area now. But now its 5^3. Jake said no more than 1.5 cubes for 12" Nightshades...what do I do?

you said 35" of port length correct?

26" long. 5" wide

ok, so your at 4.95cuft/60^2" port area/ 31.26hz. lemme do some stuff and see if it will mess with tuning

is your mind set on 31hz? lol

No, thats just musical...30-35 Hz. is good.

is your mind set on 31hz? lol

No, thats just musical...30-35 Hz. is good.

kk

ok. i can only get 3.76cuft net @ 35.86Hz.. 1.88cuft per sub including sub and port displacement, 54^2" port area. 4.833cuft gross

height: 14

width: 31

depth: 26

4.5" port

23" port length

ok. i can only get 3.79cuft net @ 35.74Hz.. 1.89cuft per sub including sub and port displacement, still 60^2" port area. 4.948cuft gross

height: 14

width: 30.5

depth: 27

5" port

I out in those numbers and I got 3.63^3 ft. at 31.8 Hz. My port length is 29 in though

I out in those numbers and I got 3.63^3 ft. at 31.8 Hz. My port length is 29 in though

post edited.

post edited.

I don't see how you got that port length.

It might be easier for you to get the volume and tuning you want a little easier if you use a pair of 4'' aeros instead of the traditional slot port.

Yeah, aeros FTW!

damn KHARPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only single cab Ranger with a 12" 'Shade that I've seen haha insane!

Yeah, aeros FTW!

damn KHARPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only single cab Ranger with a 12" 'Shade that I've seen haha insane!

Haha I had been planning on squeezing one in there for a while. I got it in there by adding those baffles, but it takes up entirely too much room now behind the passenger seat...but it gets LOUD off only 1000w. My sundown 1500d came in yesterday so now it's time to put my h.o. alt and the new amp in!

Haha people are going to be confused when they hear your truck...and realize its only a single cab

It might be easier for you to get the volume and tuning you want a little easier if you use a pair of 4'' aeros instead of the traditional slot port.

Haha thats what I'm thinking. But I've never used aeros so I will need guidance.

Haha thats what I'm thinking. But I've never used aeros so I will need guidance.

They're super easy to work with. http://www.psp-inc.com/ Click the "port length calculator" and type your specs in and you're set. The easiest and most accurate way to cut them is a table saw but I've used a hacksaw before and it still worked fine...just a little more labor intensive. To glue the flanges and couplings to the tube, use abs glue from home depot or wherever. Then you just drill them right into the box.

Edited by KHARPS

They're super easy to work with. http://www.psp-inc.com/ Click the "port length calculator" and type your specs in and you're set. The easiest and most accurate way to cut them is a table saw but I've used a hacksaw before and it still worked fine...just a little more labor intensive. To glue the flanges and couplings to the tube, use abs glue from home depot or wherever. Then you just drill them right into the box.

Wouldn't I need 6" ports to get my area?

ye. thats a good idea :captain:

ill whip up a box plan

ill whip up a box plan

Sweet thanks Rob

ill whip up a box plan

Sweet thanks Rob

:) ye ima have to do it tomorow when i wake up, too sleepy and cant think right lol

ill whip up a box plan

Sweet thanks Rob

:) ye ima have to do it tomorow when i wake up, too sleepy and cant think right lol

No problems. I probably wont be on until late anyways.

Bumparoo

im on my cell right now. once my comp is done il make one :)