holley2346

4 15's or 2 18's

plus theres not a big difference in 1500 and 3kW

What? :blink:

There is 1500 watts difference.

Was thinking the same... since they are rated @ 2k rms a piece... jw.

no they will run fine on 1500.

Its just 1500 does not = 3000

There is no such thing as "underpowering" they dont NEED 3000 watts, plus theres not a big difference in 1500 and 3kW

come again?

There is no such thing as "underpowering" they dont NEED 3000 watts, plus theres not a big difference in 1500 and 3kW

Theoretically its 3 dB.

Theoretically its 3 dB.

That's what I meant, loudness...

Everytime I check dB-R they always have Sundown 3k's in stock for good prices.

Just a little update... ordering the 3000d now ordering the subs in a couple of days or so.

Edit: Also, I am going to be using the stock radio as it is integrated with onstar and such and I really didn't want to mess with all that. Do you know how I could set up the remote wire with that?

Edited by holley2346

well somebody is probably going to say im wrong but to hook up the remote on a stock radio i think u have to tap the radio power wire then run the wire to the amp. or you can tap the power and then run a wire from were you tapped it to a switch so u can turn it on and off when you want.

well somebody is probably going to say im wrong but to hook up the remote on a stock radio i think u have to tap the radio power wire then run the wire to the amp. or you can tap the power and then run a wire from were you tapped it to a switch so u can turn it on and off when you want.

Yeah already doing the second option

Yeah, just splice in the +12v wire and run a wire to a toggle switch, then to the amp. Thats what I do in all of my setups. You might need a Line Output Convertor too if running stock head unit.

your head unit will have two power leads, one that's on all the time, even when the car is off, to save settings and things. The other is only powered when the vehicle is turned on. You can tap that second one for a remote if you want. A switch is ok, but can be a pain. and what if you forget to turn if off one night?