chad y

IXL 10's

So I have been tossing around a few ideas. 1st I am thinking of running 2 IXL 10's in a center console, vented enclosure tuned to 32hz (not sure what cuft would be best?) these would be run off my 1200.1 Tantrum @ 2 ohms The goal of this set up is to save some space over my current set up while maintaining similar output. My current set up is a single TC sounds 15 3k 3.2ft^3 tuned to 32hz. (I love everything about this set up, just wanting to try something new) The space I would like to stay in for this new set up would be 20" high x18"wide x 24"depth subs and port both facing back. what would be the optimal cuft and port area?

so that is the 1st and most practical set up.

now for the 2nd and the fun one!!

This will take place some time next year or as soon as money/time allows. My thoughts are a center console with 4 IXL 10's subs and port facing up ran @ 1 ohm off a sundown saz 3000. Goal here is to be stupid loud while sounding decent and staying with in 34" long x 18" wide x 20" high. I know I have some more work to do on my electrical as well, thats why this one will be further done the road and I'll slowly be buying what I need.

thoughts and opinions are welcomed

Thanks Chad

I think both sound fun. I feel the 1st one will dictate where you go with the 2nd one.

Sounds like a plan to me! And I remember seeing that they like .8 ported.....which is seems pretty small but I guess it works.

Problem that you'll run into is that the IXLs want a tiny box which means a long port for an adequate port area. If you have limited space to begin with this is a LIMFAC. The port takes a lot or your space up.

I am thinking 1.6ft^3 for the 2. I could extend the port farther back firing under the back seat with out limiting much leg room.

Opinions?

So for people who want to port 2 ixl 10s in trucks or cars with tight spaces, would aiming for 1.5 ported and like 2.2 cubes overall be ridiculous? I was hoping to do some fiberglass under my back seats in my ram and squeeze 2 in there.

I'm wanting to run 2 IXL 10's but I can't figure out how and get a 1 ohm load to my US Amp. I guess I might go with one 12. Chad can't wait until you start your build. I've got an 07 Ram QC.

So for people who want to port 2 ixl 10s in trucks or cars with tight spaces, would aiming for 1.5 ported and like 2.2 cubes overall be ridiculous? I was hoping to do some fiberglass under my back seats in my ram and squeeze 2 in there.

Sounds about right but the numbers haven't be crunched on this. As Taxi says, port takes a fair bit of volume so be prepared for that ;)

I'm wanting to run 2 IXL 10's but I can't figure out how and get a 1 ohm load to my US Amp. I guess I might go with one 12. Chad can't wait until you start your build. I've got an 07 Ram QC.

I would suggest starting a new topic in this section. Make sure you mention which model amplifier you are talking about. :)

so just to update this. as most of you know I got my SAZ 3000d and love it!!!! I also have a IXL 12 on it's way. Once I get to play with the 12, I will see if 4 10's are still what I am looking for or pos. get 3 more 12's.

HAHA who knows I am also throwing around the idea of a blow through. I just want to try everything.......lol

I can't wait for the IXL 12 to arrive.

Chad

I am sure I will.

I think I am going to build 2 enclosures. 1 sealed @ 1ft^3 and the 2nd 2 ft^3 tuned to 33hz with around 30" sq of port.

Chad

How about 2 10's and one PR?

Ok now you got me thinking of a new Idea. So I have a few questions. are the PR only available in 18's? what is the mounting depth?

This is why I ask.

I know of allot of people that own extended cad or quad cab trucks. most want loud clean output with out giving up any space.

I know with Dodge quad cabs you can fiberglass under the back seat and achieve a solid 2ft^3. with a PR as long as it's not to deep you could mount 2 10's and 1 PR. There for not giving up any seating area, achieving great output with a nice clean sound.

the limitations would be that the PR could only have a depth of around 4" and a 18 would make it tight but not impossible.

let me know what your opinions are.

Chad

Well, the PR is certainly more shallow than the IXL-10's are so if you can fit the IXL-10's you can certainly fit the PR.

Well, the PR is certainly more shallow than the IXL-10's are so if you can fit the IXL-10's you can certainly fit the PR.

In most cases I would agree, However in the newer dodges they have storage pockets under the driver and passenger sides but raise in the middle. The storage pockets are about 7" deep build that up 2" gives you a decent mounting detph for a sub on each side. In the middle it is only about 2" build that up the same only gives you around 4". this takes in to account leaving around 1" before hitting the bottom of the seat.

I think 2 10's with a 18" PR would look bad@ss with the seat flipped up.

Chad

You realize that a PR needs to be mounted on a vertical baffle to work right.

You realize that a PR needs to be mounted on a vertical baffle to work right.

no, I did not know that. I was under the impression that being weighted it could work in either vertical or horizontal.

Chad

Helo is right, but the higher the tuning of the PR (read the less weight to add) the less of an issue you would have of the PR sagging on you.