TOOLMAKER

What Mp3 player do you have? suggestions....

I did a search in the other sub-forum and did'nt quite get the answer I was looking for. I am looking to get the wife an MP3 player for christmas. Looking at around an 8-16 gb model. What do you guys suggest. What features sould I look for. 1st choice is an Ipod Nano. What about the Zune, or Sandisk models? Just looking at input before I buy one.

Thanks,

Toolmaker

Mods: If this needs to be moved, go ahead, just trying to get a more diverse suggestion.

i have the microsoft 8gb zune it's cool and all paid like 170 for it then walmart had the christmas roll back so it's now 140 has alot of decent stuff from what i can tell i am still figuring it out

I have the 16 gb nano new one got it for 199$ its great. I leave it plugged in to my car stereo and its great. no problems and its nice to just grab it cause it is always charged do to sitting plugged in. I would recommend it cause it is flash no hard drive so neither weather or shaking effects it compared to other mp3 players that have regular hard drives which have given me issues.

I'd say try to stick with ones that have internal flash drives rather than hard drives mainly because they can take more abuse and less internal moving parts..then I'd look for one that has a good battery life and large enough screeen (if any) for searching trough songs easer or viewing videos (if wanted).. Then I'd look at what conditions it would be used in for example..in the gym, only in car, a replacement for cds in a home stereo system..etc and make sure accesories to help it function with ease or at all in those situations are easy to find localy..keep in mine almost all accesories out now are fo ipods and then zunes..look at the price and there you go

zune or ipod. i've tried a few of the other cheaper knockoffs, and don't like them, unless headphones are all that's going to be used. the best luck i've had is the ipod, though i don't like itunes.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I did a search in the other sub-forum and did'nt quite get the answer I was looking for. I am looking to get the wife an MP3 player for christmas. Looking at around an 8-16 gb model. What do you guys suggest. What features sould I look for. 1st choice is an Ipod Nano. What about the Zune, or Sandisk models? Just looking at input before I buy one.

Thanks,

Toolmaker

Mods: If this needs to be moved, go ahead, just trying to get a more diverse suggestion.

i bought my gf a new ipod nano 16gb. i paid 179 for it on ebay brand new

Ipod touches are really nice. Personally I have a Sandisk Sansa and it works great for me, no complaints here.

iPod touch. Big screen, internet, great control and navigation throughout everything, iphone without phone capabilities (unless modding)

You can jailbreak, customize it any way you want. I'm sure she won't be into that but I love it. I can't stand using hte old click wheels anymore

Just a side point

iPod is taking over the world in a great way

Everything is iPod ready. I have iPod direct control on my Panasonic ID Monitor

and its like the endless CD Changer!!!!! It never ends and I only have an old iPod Mini 4GB

An 8GB Touch is the way to go unless you wanna spend more for bigger memory

8Gb - 229.99

16GB - 299.99

32GB - 399.99

Just a side point

iPod is taking over the world in a great way

Everything is iPod ready. I have iPod direct control on my Panasonic ID Monitor

and its like the endless CD Changer!!!!! It never ends and I only have an old iPod Mini 4GB

An 8GB Touch is the way to go unless you wanna spend more for bigger memory

8Gb - 229.99

16GB - 299.99

32GB - 399.99

ive seen the old models for 200 and below 8gig. IMO to pay more than 30$ for a set of speakers on the touch is dumb :P

My phone as a 1gig microSD card with some music on it, little tiny USB mp3 player that I use in the gym, and my ole' 20gig iPod. :)

80GB zune, I like it since I don't have to mess with itunes. Only problem is no one makes, a direct cable to an aftermarket HU.

80GB zune, I like it since I don't have to mess with itunes. Only problem is no one makes, a direct cable to an aftermarket HU.

I have an iPod Nano 1st gen, iPod 30 GB. video 1st gen, and a Microsoft Zune 30 GB. I like the Zune a lot more, and iTunes sucks balls.

DD earbuds + iPod nano>>> FTW

f_faMediumm7fm_095d128.jpg

i have iPod nano(video) ... another alternative i would recommend is MEIZU M6meizu_2.jpg

Edited by Tyan