Sign in to follow this  
vj226966

2 15 fi btl fully loaded box in 96 chevy 1500 ext cab.

After a week or so of research i came to decide on Fi products over Kicker l7s.The only thing is i have so many questions i need answered.I hope im in the right spot for it.Car audio has changed for me over the years.Im now 36 and havent had a good setup since i was 20 or so.So here i go with my list of questions.1. What would be better 2 15s or 1 18?Where can i get help designing a box?"I have a 1996 Chevy 1500 ext cab,taking out back seat"Will the Saz 3000 power either set up?Do i need 2 batteries?Do i need a cap?Do i have enough room for those subs?Why only 1 or 2 ohm config?Will i be happy withg spending the extra cash on Fi?I think i got everything.I have around 1600.00 to spend.I know i will have to upgrade front stage to work with all that bass,"i hope"lol.If it was you what would buy with 1600.00 for bass?

Its really just preference or space when it comes to 2 15s or 1 18. Personally i would go with 2 15s because of the more cone area.

You will have enough room for either set up in your truck and you can get help designing a box at fishercustoms.com.

A 3000D will power either set up. I don't think 2 batteries are required but atleast 1.

You do not need a cap.

1 or 2 ohm configs are all you need because you can wire up or down ohms to suit your needs.

Yes i have heard a lot of good things about fi i think you willbe happy.

Make sure you get the 15's or 18's fully loaded with the daily set up.

Pre-congrats on whatever new set-up your getting :D

Edited by juslivin

The power your looking to run you will definately need atleast 2 batteries and 3 would be better. One under the hood and 1-2 out back depending on the size of them all. The back of that truck with the rear seat removed will give enough space for even two 18's depending on box height that your willing to work with perhaps even walling it.

that was a quick and right to the point answer.Thank you!!I think 18s would be to much i dont know if that saz3000 would power two of them.I will look at that site for box help.Thanks a million ill post picswhen i start cause this is a father and son project.

thats no doubt you WILL need extra batteries for that saz 3000d if your gonna run it at 1 ohm.

thats no doubt you WILL need extra batteries for that saz 3000d if your gonna run it at 1 ohm.

True, bigjon up there has 5 Powermaster 3100's for his 1 SAZ-3000D. Yes it is overkill but it runs cooler.

True, bigjon up there has 5 Powermaster 3100's for his 1 SAZ-3000D. Yes it is overkill but it runs cooler.

lies, or has he changed his old optimas out for the d3100's

lies, or has he changed his old optimas out for the d3100's

He did ;)

that was a quick and right to the point answer.Thank you!!I think 18s would be to much i dont know if that saz3000 would power two of them.I will look at that site for box help.Thanks a million ill post picswhen i start cause this is a father and son project.

Cool man, hope you have fun with it.

I would like to know if anyone has built a box for these subs in a ext cab truck.I tried those programs and i have no clue on what im doing.Im looking for pics,vids or any kind of help.Im taking out the rear seat so i think i have plenty of room.Any ideas?

No,im taking out the back seat all together.I will have plenty of room i think for two 15Fi BTL fully loaded.

I would build something similar to what 18BTLnBagged used to have.

fi18.png

fi182-1.png

100_3284.jpg

But modified to fit 2 15's instead of an 18.

Thats what im after,but for 2 15s.Is he a member here.I wouldnt know how to make it for 2 15s and have the right specs.Thanks in advance.

Sorry forgot to say something.I was thinking of haveing to the subs pointing towards the front and box setting up higher.I want the ports lower"along or close to the bottom.Is this a bad idea?How should have subs pointing and ports pointing for max sound?

If you just browse around in the fisher customs forum and the pound that sound forum im sure you can find a general idea of what you want.

Also if you email chris (at) fishercustoms.com he can make you a design.

Ive been searching the web so much my eyes are bleeding!"LOL".Yehh i seen if you pay 12.00 he will send you a plan for a box build.Ill probably go that route.Thanks for your advice.

Will a Saz3000 be enough sower for these subs or be underpowerd?I think i may have the room for them being i see people on youtube with them in hatchbacks.I have 96 Chevy 1500 ext cab with no back seat.Would it pound or should i stick with 2 15 Btls?

1) The search function is your friend. Use it! In fact, citing what you searched and the results that you received will most definitely get you answers in a much faster and more detailed way.

9) Do not make multiple threads asking the same question.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...c=23719&hl=

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...c=23690&hl=

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...c=23666&hl=

my advice if you're not getting the answer you are looking for is to go back, do some research, and formulate a question that can be answered.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=13994

1) The search function is your friend. Use it! In fact, citing what you searched and the results that you received will most definitely get you answers in a much faster and more detailed way.

9) Do not make multiple threads asking the same question.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...c=23719&hl=

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...c=23690&hl=

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...c=23666&hl=

my advice if you're not getting the answer you are looking for is to go back, do some research, and formulate a question that can be answered.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=13994

X2

ive been on this computer all dang day trying to find out stuff for my build.I know what i have asked and this is a legit question.All Fi subs have the same power rating"RMS".I cant find there peak.I am smart enough to know if you underpower a sub you can damege it.Let me try to but this another way.If i decide to purches 2 18" BTLs would a SAZ3000 be enough to run these sub to correct way or should i stick with the 15s?Like i posted before i have 1600.00 or so to spend on my build and i want to get every pennies worth.Im not trying to be a smartass,but thats what im tyring to find out.If you had a set amount of money to spend wouldnt you want to get your moneys worth?

The 3000D will be enough to power the any 2 BTLS. They all have the same RMS and that is the highest wattage they can receive ex. if you have a 2000 RMS sub and your feeding it 3000 watts thats bad. The max you should send to these subs is 4000 watts for both or 2000 each.

1500 each should be fine. You do know you will need to do the big 3, add extra batteries, and depending if you have wired your car already upgrade it to 0/1 wire to run a 3000D don't you?