ndnbolla

two rl-i 10s and fiberglass enclosure?

well at 1st i was going to go with one JL 12W6v2 in a ported ~1.5^3ft enclosure.(regular box,mdf, tuned 27-28 Hz) powered by an ed nine.1.

then i came across the fiberglass post down at ca.com and thought about putting two 10's in a custom fiberglass enclosure in each of the wheel wells. this is where the rl-i 10s come in.

would two 10" rl-i's in a sealed fiber glass enclosure with about ~1^3ft of space for each sub and both powered by one ed nine.1 amp be enough to compare it to or even outperform the (1) 12w6v2 i was speakin of earlier?

im goin for an sq setup but i still want some spl. i know that the w6 do well in these categories but now i am interested in the rl-i series.

so what do u guys think?

oh and i am glad to be a new member to this forum.

welcome, I am glad your a member here too,

in the case of the subs, I feel the 2 10's will out preform a single 12 due to cone surface in the SPL department, as for the enclosure I am not positive, Mike knows best,

hmmmm..with the 12 bieng ported, though tuned insanely low in that small of a box, might still have a slight spl advantage. but i wouldn't think it would be much. the cone area of two tens should see to that..lol

the rl-i 10's in ~1ft^3 sealed would walk all over the jl in sq.IMO anyway..lol....

i believe the 10's would definitely be a better choice..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well at 1st i was going to go with one JL 12W6v2 in a ported ~1.5^3ft enclosure.(regular box,mdf, tuned 27-28 Hz) powered by an ed nine.1.

then i came across the fiberglass post down at ca.com and thought about putting two 10's in a custom fiberglass enclosure in each of the wheel wells. this is where the rl-i 10s come in.

would two 10" rl-i's in a sealed fiber glass enclosure with about ~1^3ft of space for each sub and both powered by one ed nine.1 amp be enough to compare it to or even outperform the (1) 12w6v2 i was speakin of earlier?

im goin for an sq setup but i still want some spl. i know that the w6 do well in these categories but now i am interested in the rl-i series.

so what do u guys think?

oh and i am glad to be a new member to this forum.

Do you mean the ed nine.2 for the jl? A nine.1 even at 2 ohms would be well over twice the recommended rms for that sub, which i definitely would not recommend doing. Now that I think about it I dont think the nine.2 would work with the w6 either though seeing as how it does full power @ 4 ohm and the w6 is a dual 4 ohm.

Asuming you meant the nine.1 though for the rl-i's you could either get the svc 4 ohms and wire two of them to 2 ohms and then see about 1000w from a nine.1 or get the d4 ohm and wire them to 1 ohm and see close to 1500w out of the nine.1. Either way, the rl-i's would be seeing about 2-3 times as much power as a single 12 which would make up for the 12 being ported. Just a genral rule whihc is not always true, but porting should add about 3 db all around and doubling the power should add about 3db. then you factor in the extra cone area of the 10s and I think that ultimately the 10's would be slightly louder and look a hell of a lot better in that fiberglass enclosure you are talking about.

so what all of u are saying is that because i have two 10" rl-i's, not one, i would most likely have more spl and i would have more sq as well right? an ed nine.1 would be good for two of these 10s also?

im just in the planning stages right now but i definitely look forward in in this rl-i setup.

so what all of u are saying is that because i have two 10" rl-i's, not one, i would most likely have more spl and i would have more sq as well right? an ed nine.1 would be good for two of these 10s also?

im just in the planning stages right now but i definitely look forward in in this rl-i setup.

It should have slightly more spl because of the additional cone area of 2 subs and the fact that you could send them twice as much power. you are not getting any more sq by adding a 2nd sub. The sq of the w6v2 is amazing. I cant comment on the sq of the rl-i because I have never heard them, but seeing as how much i like the sq of the w6v2 I doubt the rl-i would be better especially considering the price. SQ is fairly subjective though and I really doubt you will be disappointed with the rl-i's.

A nine.1 should be perfect for these subs, however, I dont know if you would want to get the single 4 ohm or dual 4 ohm rl-1. With the single 4 ohm subs and a nine.1 each would see about 500w each which should be perfect. I think you could get the d4 subs and send each 750w each, but that is probably pushing it. If you don;t know what you are doing you would probably damage something seeing as how that is more than double the rms.

I believe the Mike said 500 is a good amount of power for the Rl-i's

yesnod.gif I wouldn't give the RL-i's anymore than 500wrms unless you're very careful.

As an aside, ported RL-i's shouldn't see more than 300wrms per driver.

if i did end up gettin two 10s and making a fiberglass enclosure, would someone here make some rings for me for them? i dont have the tools to make the rings and i really dont wanna spend too much on tools just to make this fiberglass project possible. the only tool i will be getting will be a dremel to trim the fiberglass enclosure. this setup will be permanent so its not like i am going to be using a rotor very often.

if not, then im sure ill be able to work something out one way or another.

if i did end up gettin two 10s and making a fiberglass enclosure, would someone here make some rings for me for them? i dont have the tools to make the rings and i really dont wanna spend too much on tools just to make this fiberglass project possible. the only tool i will be getting will be a dremel to trim the fiberglass enclosure. this setup will be permanent so its not like i am going to be using a rotor very often.

if not, then im sure ill be able to work something out one way or another.

if you want, the TeamSSAudio.com builders can custom make you a mounting ring, or even the enclosure that would hide under the fiberglass

if you want, the TeamSSAudio.com builders can custom make you a mounting ring, or even the enclosure that would hide under the fiberglass

really?, that'll be good. how much would the rings cost? i would probably get three of them since this would be my 1st fiberglass project and there is a chance of error so u never know what could happend.

$35 + ship for the rings

start a new thread in the TeamSSAudio section so we can discuss the details on them for you before they get made

but the price can be adjusted depending on what you need

sounds good, im not going to get them made anytime soon but i am lookin forward to it. right now i am just in the planning stages and want to know how much everything will end up costing me.

sounds good, im not going to get them made anytime soon but i am lookin forward to it. right now i am just in the planning stages and want to know how much everything will end up costing me.

if we build a few things for you we can sure work on the price, :Bling:

now that i have a better idea of what kind of enclosure i want, my idea has slightly changed. how about if i make the fiberglass part and and sand it down, possibly trim it, then i send it to you guys. now what i would like you guys to do is take two pieces of mdf and attach it to the fiberglass so that they are both perpendicular to each other.

something like this:

fiberglass_mdf.jpg

im still not too sure about this since i still dont have the car i want to get (therefore i dont know exactly how much space i have to work with). however what do u guys think? is this a possibility?