freeweight

rl-p SQ/SPL compared to ED O.v2 SQ/SPL

anyone done a test on this yet ,im just curious might pick up a rl-p one day to play with

how would they compare sealed with like 1000w,and ported with 1000

also how would they compare ported with the same power (or less)

thanks...

I have not done the test but I think the RL-p would bemore compared to the ED A

I have not done the test but I think the RL-p would bemore compared to the ED A

I am curious how the 2 would fare as well. It sounds like a lot of people over on icixsound seem to like the new ov.2's better than than the old A series.

e who? :P O what? :P I won't comment further. My own little fun.

from what i hear, the O.v2's are pretty efficient drivers. the sound quality is better than the AE series and actually is louder than it. there was a review done over at ICIX you might wanna check out. its found here =>

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9220

Good luck with that cause I want to know the same thing as you. I am seriously looking into getting the 16O.v2

thing u gotta remember si that icix was started by ben milne, the owner of eD.

ok, that notwithstanding...he said his compareo was with only subs changed....but he points out that he changed front stage and also had each setup wired differently. different power levels.

and all he compared was eD subs....

so, with that said....i believe the rl-p will hold it's own against ANY sub with 1kwrms of power , ported or sealed. and i've ran it directly against an re xxx(same boxes, same power, same vehicles) and prefer it to any other sub i've ever owned for sql.

but if someone wants to send me an eD to play with, i'd gladly start throwin power at it!! lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ok, that notwithstanding...he said his compareo was with only subs changed....but he points out that he changed front stage and also had each setup wired differently. different power levels. 

and all he compared was eD subs....

so, with that said....i believe the rl-p will hold it's own against ANY sub with 1kwrms of power , ported or sealed. and i've ran it directly against an re xxx(same boxes, same power, same vehicles) and prefer it to any other sub i've ever owned for LSQ.

but if someone wants to send me an eD to play with, i'd gladly start throwin power at it!! lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yeah, i hear what your saying about Ben and all, but I think he is a really honest person. he will not deny that there are very good speakers on the market other than his own. the main thing that makes sense with me and eD products is the price point. they are very hard to beat considering the warranty and quality of product. i know that first hand from the eDi comps and nine.x series amps...

now, if there was a speaker with a 3 year warranty and sounded just as good for less money, im all game. but i refuse to pay $100 more or even the same price for a speaker, amp, or any other peice of sound equipment that doesnt carry the same warranty or doesnt sound much better. i find it very hard to justify buying a "high" end speaker for butt loads of money, that carries a 1 year warranty and doesnt really sound that much different than something i could have gotten from eD.

so, i guess thats my deal. its mostly price per performance. where is the justification?

P.S. mrray, that weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just cracks me up everytime i i see it. :lol:

look i didnt want to start a war here ,just wanted info ,but i can say that i have NEVER had a problem with ED ,ben is NOT about money ..when UPS broke my 15k and wouldnt pay for it ben sent me a new one..free of charge....

i owned a 16k.v2 a lil while ago and i dont think any sub can compare to that thing and cost the same price ($100).....

so yes the quality has IMPROVED greatly

ah well ...somone give me info when they get it ...on the comparison

look i didnt want to start a war here ,just wanted info ,but i can say that i have NEVER had a problem with ED ,ben is NOT about money ..when UPS broke my 15k and wouldnt pay for it ben sent me a new one..free of charge....

i owned a 16k.v2 a lil while ago and i dont think any sub can compare to that thing and cost the same price  ($100).....

so yes the quality has IMPROVED greatly

ah well  ...somone give me info when they get it ...on the comparison

didn't say u started a war...lol..

and, at least around here, discussions like this can happen without a flame war starting.

like i said above, if u've had great success with eD, awesome. i didn't. ben, IMO, is/was about money. maybe that's changed, i don't know. i just know what i experienced a few years ago.

as to the comparision, if someone can get both subs, then it will happen. till then just speculation.

and until then..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hey no wars allowed on here

yeah there isnt a war. thats what i like about forums these days...we can have intelligent conversations like grown adults without getting offeended by someones opinion.

im looking forward to getting into some more debates with you guys. freedom of expression! :)

yeah there isnt a war. thats what i like about forums these days...we can have intelligent conversations like grown adults without getting offeended by someones opinion.

im looking forward to getting into some more debates with you guys. freedom of expression! :)

lol...awesome! i likes a good debate..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm looking at either a pair of the 13ov.2's or a pair of the rl-p 12"s but i can't make up my mind. I've also considered 3 rl-i 10"s. I've got an ed nine.1 for power so i have plenty of watts for any of them. SOmebody help!!!!

I'm looking at either a pair of the 13ov.2's or a pair of the rl-p 12"s but i can't make up my mind. I've also considered 3 rl-i 10"s. I've got an ed nine.1 for power so i have plenty of watts for any of them. SOmebody help!!!!

I think people will agree with me that the 2 RL-p 12s would be a sweet set up, what amp are you planning to run, and what sound are you aiming for?

oh and welcome to SSA

I think people will agree with me that the 2 RL-p 12s would be a sweet set up, what amp are you planning to run, and what sound are you aiming for?

oh and welcome to SSA

I've got an ed nine.1 that i would run a 1 ohm so about 700w per rl-p in the recommended sealed box. I've got a single IDMax 12" now and i want something louder without losing my sound quality. If i got the 3 rl-i 10"s they would get about 400-425w each. This is going in a regular cab dodge ram and i have the IDmax downfiring and i really like having the subs mounted this way so the ss would also be downfiring.

well if you ran the dvc 4ohm RL-ps that would be a perfect for the amplifer, or run 3 svc 4 ohm RL-i 10's,

maybe mike or kent can help with an exact design

well if you ran the dvc 4ohm RL-ps that would be a perfect for the amplifer, or run 3 svc 4 ohm RL-i 10's,

I think either setup would sound great although the 2 12"s will probably get a little lower. Thanks for the help.

I think either setup would sound great although the 2 12"s will probably get a little lower. Thanks for the help.

good luck with the install, Mike is very helpful and I have not heard one bad review about the sound splinters

I am running similar drivers so I know they are very capable