Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

12" Alpine Type R's

Need a reasonably priced ($200 or less) amp to power two Alpine Type r 12"s

These will be going into a '93 range rover LWB. Hopefully in a custom box facing upwards.

As of now i want a Hifonics 1208d.

What do you think?

BY THE WAY, these subs will be used daily.

4g wiring kit.

absolutely, i have two amps refurbished by chris, they come with a warranty (the sundowns for a whole year!), you also cannot beat the customer service and pricing he provides. many others on this forum will vouch for that. that amp was designed by stephen mantz too, i have a 2x100w us acoustics amp he designed and it is a tank!

IMG_0877.jpg

absolutely, i have two amps refurbished by chris, they come with a warranty (the sundowns for a whole year!), you also cannot beat the customer service and pricing he provides. many others on this forum will vouch for that. that amp was designed by stephen mantz too, i have a 2x100w us acoustics amp he designed and it is a tank!

IMG_0877.jpg

Get a few vouches and i will definantly look into it.

The price is right.

lol go find your own affirmation i got all the reassurance i need in my trunk :D

lol go find your own affirmation i got all the reassurance i need in my trunk :D

ahaha I like it ;)

i got both my amps from db-r. both work amazing and his customer service is great.

There is a vouch. I'm going to look into it.

this is a good amp....

power acoustik A1800db

And a good price :)

Thank you.

sure thing i have a splz1x 3000d and i love it they have the same board as the power acoustik A series amps i think they are a good bang for the buck amps.

this is a good amp....

power acoustik A1800db

Thank you.

sure thing i have a splz1x 3000d and i love it they have the same board as the power acoustik A series amps i think they are a good bang for the buck amps.

not saying its a good or bad amp but the board means nothing its the components put on them. you could have a great designed board but put a bunch of crappy components on it for cheap and you would have just that a cheap amp that may have problems. you put great components on the same board and you will have a much better amp that costs more.

WOW, i had 2 15" alpine type R's and a Hifonics BXI2008D

Ran like a beast, powerd them nicely.... never over heated...

i loved it....

go with hifonics, but know that even though 1208d is rated at 1200, its probably ~900-1100

WOW, i had 2 15" alpine type R's and a Hifonics BXI2008D

Ran like a beast, powerd them nicely.... never over heated...

i loved it....

go with hifonics, but know that even though 1208d is rated at 1200, its probably ~900-1100

Really?

I heard they were rated for what they do?

Hmmm

I really like the hifonics.

They are over-rated

this is a good amp....

power acoustik A1800db

Thank you.

not saying its a good or bad amp but the board means nothing its the components put on them. you could have a great designed board but put a bunch of crappy components on it for cheap and you would have just that a cheap amp that may have problems. you put great components on the same board and you will have a much better amp that costs more.

true i was just saying that spl and power acoustik shared the same board on this line of amps and are not bad at all good bang for the buck amps.

They are over-rated

Word. What would you recommend?

EDIT:

1. Power Acoustik

2. Hifonics

Convince me. :)

Edited by Dutchie.

They are over-rated

Word. What would you recommend?

EDIT:

1. Power Acoustik

2. Hifonics

Convince me. :)

power acoustik a1800 and up for good power at a low price.

Hifonics... cheap power,

free Bass knob!!!!!!!

and it has LEDs

Not a reason I would buy a amp........Just my opinion

of your options listed in this thread I would choose the Lanzar opti. I had one for years and abused the hell out of it and not one problem. just my 2 cents

Lanzar is pretty good. but if he is going to pay 300, might as well go with Sundown IMO.

Lanzar is pretty good. but if he is going to pay 300, might as well go with Sundown IMO.

Not paying 300, thats for sure, and so far many people like the lanzar. So that one now. lol.