keith89

Finally ordered RL-i10's

I finally took the plunge and ordered a pair of RL-i10's to replace my single 12" Polk SR124. I'm designing the box for a false floor with the 2 10's inline next to each other. How much space should i leave under the woofer. The mounting depth says 5.55". Would 6" from the face of the box to the back(inside) be sufficient? What is the minium you would recommend?

I will be throwing a max of 400 watts at each sub in a sealed enclosure of .65 cubic feet net. Is a 3/4 thick enclosure really necessary with this small of an enclosure? Or can I get away with 5/8 or 1/2"?

Edited by keith89

3/4" and double baffle is what I recomend. If you can't use a double baffle, just brace the single as good as you can.

I think you should be ok with an internal box depth of 6 inches.

3/4" and double baffle is what I recomend. If you can't use a double baffle, just brace the single as good as you can.

I think you should be ok with an internal box depth of 6 inches.

Thanks.

Nice choice. :)

Ok I'm playing around with box design. I am limited on space. Would I be leaving a lot on the table with a box of .48 net cubic feet sealed and stuff with polyfill? I know recommended specs are .65 net. I'm guessing output will suffer, but what of the sound reproduction quality? I have a pair of 10's so output shouldn't be a problem.

Half a cube per RL-i10 is just fine. Sound quality should not suffer at all.

Excellent! I will be stuffing with polyfill to try to compensate as well.

I had them hooked up in my room for about 3 weeks while i worked on my amp racks. Based on my experience with them, I think I may need to get one to replace my cheapy sony I normally use in my room. With the pair of rl-i10's sealed in their own .45 enclosures, they had no problems shaking the room without cranking on them. I think it is because they were sitting in the middle of the room facing the ceiling. I have not experienced them at full tilt because I do not listen to music very loud, but they do create very full sound. I am very impressed and are a welcome replacement to my Polk SR124 which I loved as well.