Ok so heres the deal, futureshop has a 1000W RMS MTX amplifier on for 200 bucks, i plan on buying 2 of them if they are any good. They are fused at 120 amps and look clean. Any thoughts on mtx?

I don't have any experience with them, but that sounds like something im looking for, so research time.

Mtx has always made good power...i always go by the fuse ratings on amplifiers to determine there "real" power....in my experience you get about 100 est. watts for every 10 amps being pulled = 120 amps would be more like 1200 watts...but that would be at full load and keeping your voltage at 14.4....

I have no experience with the Xthunder series but I liked my 801d from them, it was a strong little amp.

Mtx has always made good power...i always go by the fuse ratings on amplifiers to determine there "real" power....in my experience you get about 100 est. watts for every 10 amps being pulled = 120 amps would be more like 1200 watts...but that would be at full load and keeping your voltage at 14.4....

That s a good tactic, I use it myself. I love to see no name "1000 Watts" amps with a 10 amp fuse.

Those MTX amps arent 1 ohm stable just to let ya know

I have an MTX Thunder 2150X runnin my mids/highs and i love it. one of my favorite mids/highs amps ive ever run. Dont know anything on any of the mono's or anything, but i love mine

Those MTX amps arent 1 ohm stable just to let ya know

well ive seen many of the xthunder series amp's running on a 1ohm load. theyve never seen a problem. theyve done pretty good if their not 1 ohm stable ;)

good amps though, put out rated power

i had a 280w and an older thunder 2 channel model, dont remember exactly, but i kicking myself for getting rid of them, i ran 2ohm bridged all the time, never clipped, maybe a little warm, but thats due mostly to valley heat......

whats the model number of the amp because the mtx amp i have is 1 ohm stable it's the thunder 81001 puts out good power

Well, I dont have much experience with mtx amps...but the only one I had was a MTX Thunder 81001-D, and I had to do a protection circuit mod to get it to work under a 1 Ohm load.