fritosaregood

4 E8's with a 15" PR

this winter break is givin me way to much time to think of new boxes to build. right now im tryin to make somethin that will give me trunk space.

What ive come up with now is a box for 4 sundown E 8's and a blown 15" audiopulse axis top assembly as a passive radiator.

the box is 32x16.75x10.5 external giving an interval volume of 2.42 ft^3.

that gives the recommended .6cubes each for these subs. the cone mass is 390 grams which will tune the box to 29~30 hz.

does this look good, any suggestions for improvement?

paintsketch.jpg

I started building today. my garage is full of old boxes so i decided to just cut an old one down for this build.

Pics

the box I decided to get rid of

PC290168.jpg

startin the tear down

PC290169.jpg

PC290170.jpg

PC290171.jpg

PC290172.jpg

PC290173.jpg

rigged up table saw guide

PC290174.jpg

PC290175.jpg

PC290176.jpg

i was cuttin and went right throught a nail and thought it looked cool

PC290178.jpg

PC290179.jpg

PC290180.jpg

my compass

PC290181.jpg

PC290182.jpg

test fit

PC290183.jpg

PC290187.jpg

PC290188.jpg

PC290189.jpg

PC290190.jpg

PC290193.jpg

Interesting build.. :bigclap: ..Keep the pics coming

thanks guys. im gonna start back up tomorrow, i gotta add the bracing, some wire terminals. then carpet.

Its goin to be powered by an alpine pdx5 givin it around 350 watts. if that doesnt satisfy me if got a few old hifonics amps i might use one of or throw my saz 3000 back in and run it at 4 ohms

ive always been told mixing subs is a bad idea but if your gonna do it this is the wa to go lol jk

pretty cool if you ask me

well its not another sub its a passive radiator.......

yea the 15 is just actin as a port without havin to add volume for the port, which keeps the box volume down. you just have to make the mass of the cone the same as the mass of the air that would be inside the port if there was one.

so the port has a diameter of 12.72"(sd of the sub), 157" long tunes it to 29hz. volume is around 10 ft^3 i think i forgot where i put the paper with it on it. so the mass of the air inside the port would be ~390 g and the mass of the Axis's cone is 390 g, so I can just leave it as is without extra mass added

What happened to the motor on the Axis? It just seems like an awfuly expensive sub to use it as a passive radiator. I would have used something else Imo and reconed the Axis for use in another box.

What happened to the motor on the Axis? It just seems like an awfuly expensive sub to use it as a passive radiator. I would have used something else Imo and reconed the Axis for use in another box.

Im just goin to get another top assembly for the motor, It is kinda bad to waste this thing.. only one coil is blown so now its just a single 2 ohm sub, still hits mid 140s too,

yo fritos, i noticed you glassed a depression to go around that piece of frame that sticks down in the center of the accord rear deck. i was wondering if you still have yours in there? i cut mine out, it took one cut and it came right out. now i can fit ~19in deep box 16.5in high in through the trunk. (still can't go wider than 33). i just figured it would be easier to cut that flange and then you wouldn't have to make a depression in the back of your boxes (or front if they fire forwards).

PC290168.jpg

Edited by caligreen

yo fritos, i noticed you glassed a depression to go around that piece of frame that sticks down in the center of the accord rear deck. i was wondering if you still have yours in there? i cut mine out, it took one cut and it came right out. now i can fit ~19in deep box 16.5in high in through the trunk. (still can't go wider than 33). i just figured it would be easier to cut that flange and then you wouldn't have to make a depression in the back of your boxes (or front if they fire forwards).

PC290168.jpg

You cut that part of the rear deck out?

yeah it took a quick swipe with a reciprocating saw. it came right out and seemed to have no function other than blocking a square subwoofer box from sliding right in. my box slides right to the back of the seat perfect @ 16" tall.

i'm actually considering buying 4 cheap tens and building a box for the fun of it when i tear my system out to deaden next month. i'll definitely take some pictures of that spot when i do.

Edited by caligreen

yeah it took a quick swipe with a reciprocating saw. it came right out and seemed to have no function other than blocking a square subwoofer box from sliding right in. my box slides right to the back of the seat perfect @ 16" tall.

i'm actually considering buying 4 cheap tens and building a box for the fun of it when i tear my system out to deaden next month. i'll definitely take some pictures of that spot when i do.

hmm.. ill have to look at yours pics.. i might do the same thing

^agree. you know we are all picture/vid whores around here ;)

did i miss how much power is running here?

im drunk,.