Sign in to follow this  
akjay907

Happy New Years SSA!

Just wanted to say happy new years to everyone here...

WELL. I am off to my cabin for new years. we got TONS of BEER!were going to leave in a couple hours...its 11:05AM, the sun is about to rise! Its in the middle of nowhere, the nearest town is about 30 miles away, no cell phone reception, no road to get there. Its perfect for a getaway. We have to drive our sleds in, were all pulling our supplies with the snowmobiles...there is six of us going there to freeze our asses off...3 dudes including me, 3 girls haha, so we got a good guy/girl ratio of 1:1. BUT it will be worth it for new years, hell yeah. Im looking to shoot something too, dont know what though.

It is going to be -20 to -30 degrees, not including the wind chill factor. Its going to be fun though. we got more beer than food this time. Im just lucky my sled started, its been sitting for about a year or so. we got two 55 gallon drums of fuel for the sleds, so we are going to be riding alot.

I will make sure to get some pics this time haha. Its really beautiful out there in the winter, since there is no light pollution from a nearby city; we can see every single star in the sky at night and it looks amazing. maybe we will even see the Northern Lights!

later SSA.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

Haha thanks RobClay

Im lucky my sled has hand warmers on the handles and throttle...and a heated seat! oh yeah, cant forget about the hot-doggers. its the best invention ever! Its basicly a closed metal tray that straps on top of the exhaust pipe inside the sled. You can cook hot dogs and whatever whenever you ride! its brilliant haha.

Haha thanks RobClay

Im lucky my sled has hand warmers on the handles and throttle...and a heated seat! oh yeah, cant forget about the hot-doggers. its the best invention ever! Its basicly a closed metal tray that straps on top of the exhaust pipe inside the sled. You can cook hot dogs and whatever whenever you ride! its brilliant haha.

lol did it come with all that?

Haha everything except the hot doggers. The heated throttle starts to get too hot after a while though. Its either burning hot with it on, or freezing cold with it off. I should mess with it a little.

Oh yeah, check this out. along with my .300 WINCHESTER MAGNUM RUGER BOLT-ACTION RIFLE, 45-70 revolver, and my buddies .17 HMR and taurus 9mm pistol...we got:

6 - 24 packs of Budweiser

2 - 18 packs of Budweiser

2 - 24 packs of Coors Light

4 - 12 packs of Miller High Life

And a 12 pack of Bud Light.

24 pack of hot dogs, 25 pound potato bag, 5 dozen case of eggs, some Tilamook beef jerky, top ramen, 5 pounds of bacon, jimmy dean sasauges, a couple of steaks, tons of MOUNTAIN DEW, a brick of cheese, bread, peanut butter, jelly, cans of chili, beef stew...and some more i forgot.

Also, cant forget the bottle rockets and roman candles haha.

Edited by Jason907

Well, now its time to leave!

happy new years every one!

I will get some pics and videos too...

Just got back! it was insane.

I got tons of videos but no pictures because i forgot to pack camera batteries.

We had to stay an extra day because my buddies K2500 wouldnt start in -40 degrees, we tried starting the truck all day, until we plugged in the block heater to the generator and then it started! I feel like an idiot now haha.

oh man, that must have been a blast. i definitely would love to go do that sometime soon. closest i get to that is going to the grandparents out in north carolina, where they live off of the blue ridge parkway at the base of mt. mitchell.