sundownz

Lots of 18s

Looking sick. What exactly are your plans for mids/highs?

A pair of B&C neo 12" mids and a pair of Selenium st350 super tweeters.

that sounds sick, can't wait to see it done.

I would not want to touch the wiring. :peepwall:

Big thanks to Brandon for coming down & taking care of the factory wiring harness. Other than that all the stereo wiring is already in place. Once the new dash & center console are complete it's all just a matter of plug & play from there.

Big thanks to Brandon for coming down & taking care of the factory wiring harness. Other than that all the stereo wiring is already in place. Once the new dash & center console are complete it's all just a matter of plug & play from there.

What was wrong with it?

How are those Selenium ST350 super tweeters, Im thinking of running some ID Horns with some 8" mids and those keep showing up in builds? Are they extra sharp and piercing?

What was wrong with it?

We have taken out pretty much everything that is factory besides the factory computer. So we had like hundreds of extra wiring that was not needed and just getting in the way. Brandon spent the better part of two days clearing it all up and came up with a kick ass idea for starting it.

How are those Selenium ST350 super tweeters, Im thinking of running some ID Horns with some 8" mids and those keep showing up in builds? Are they extra sharp and piercing?

They are freaking great even more so cause of the price. They seem to match up well with the 12'' B&C's mids. They are just yeah very very loud!

Big thanks for Derrick also. Dude has came down like twice or more times per week helping me out.

That's awesome, I can't imagine how much space you freed up by cutting all that excess wire out.

Got some work done on the steering link yesterday. I had to shift the steering a little to make it center up with the new dash to make sure Jimmy and Justin have leg room.

I used a 1" impact swivel to make the new turn.

img0809kb.jpg

here is what the old steering used to lock into the shaft I cut it off so I could copy it to an extension

img0811x.jpg

Cutting down a 4" impact extension to fit into the key lock on steering shaft

img0814n.jpg

Pieced it all together I used a 10" impact extension to come out from behind dash

img0815r.jpg

img0817.jpg

I just tac welded the new steering wheel on the end to get an idea on how its going to look.

img0820aq.jpg

Derrick is gonna stop by later today to check everything out and to help me get the bearing right for the shaft. more updates maybe later tonite!

Edited by Flipsid

If you leave that basket as a steering wheel it will be hilarious :santa:

Maybe just change it at the show, cause it will be unpleasant to drive with. The crowd will love it.

If you leave that basket as a steering wheel it will be hilarious :santa:

Maybe just change it at the show, cause it will be unpleasant to drive with. The crowd will love it.

Oh that is the steering wheel, well Im gonna recone it and make it look good. With all the weight the truck will only really be drove from trailer to lanes to parking spot!

Well we have been getting alot of work done knocking down the list! Gonna save the pics til after SBN. We did take and get the total weight. Stock truck weights around 4000 lbs now it weights 7600 lbs still short 14 batteries and wire also the last bit of fiberglass work. So around 1000 lbs more... haha.

Little teaser pic of numbers we hit tonite. Dropping below 14v(18v system we have the fix coming) at 34hrz 161.1 , at 25hrz we did a 156.7 , at 20hrz we did a 155.something. Still have more testing and more power to install. hopefully we will see a little gain.

66753264.jpg

See you guys at SBN!

Little teaser pic of numbers we hit tonite. Dropping below 14v(18v system we have the fix coming) at 34hrz 161.1 , at 25hrz we did a 156.7 , at 20hrz we did a 155.something. Still have more testing and more power to install. hopefully we will see a little gain.

While reading I was like this.... damn 161.1

1267315666083.jpg

:fing34:

nice scores, and steering wheel!

Install is progressing nicely! Those SPL numbers are insane already!

Good luck at SBN!

crazy crazy... wow~!