rumproast789

RF t2000, PA Bamf 5500d, or AQ2200d?

I didn't know where to post this, but since I would be pairing it with a BTL, I posted it here :P

but okay. I am still deciding on an amp. I was looking at a PA Bamf 5500d but I heard it really only will put out about 1500 watts at one ohm. So if thats true my better choices are the AQ2200d, and the Rockford Fosgate t2000

I notice everywhere that the RF runs for about 600-800$. At this fleamarket called Gibralter up here in Michigan, one of the guy says he'll sell it to me for 450$

So 280-300$ for the PA, 389$ for the AQ2200d, and supposedly 450$ for the RF 2000

What do you all think would be the best choice?

Edited by rumproast789

If those are the only choices I'd go RF then AQ.

What Gibraltar are you going to?

well i would stay away from the PA. But what is your budget for an amp? And what options are you getting on the BTL? Because if you get the BTL fully loaded it can handle alot of power. both the AQ and RF are good amps but if your going fully loaded on the BTL you might want something bigger.

PA's are pretty decent budget amps, the audioque should work like a champ, and I wouldn't trust the flea market dude. If you look around on ebay you can find an RF t2000d for $400. I mean you all ready spend the money on the BTL, I'm assuming. I say get the Audioque or RF, since your going to spend more money on alt,wire,batteries, why not just get a nice amp to go along with it all.

If you're open to other ideas... the Crunch GP3000D would be a far better option than the Power Acoustik.

Rf or the AQ.

Just depends on what your wanting to spend, both great amps.

You could wait a little bit and get a Sundown 2000.

omg

tell me more. How much longer would I have to wait? and 400$ on ebay for the t2000? I've seen that push easily 2800 rms and after my upgrades i'm sure my car can handle the power.

I got the 18" BTL with dual 2, not universal, hixmcoil, cooling, daily, and induct heat ring. I think thats fully loaded, atleast that was what I was trying to get.

I get all my wire for free, any size, super flex soft braided welding wire, i have 3 batteries in the garage right now. One for under the hood, and 2 for the back. I still do need an alt though too, I'll probably get the MLA module also.

and the Gibralter near down river/ ryandott (says my dad) I just know it by that its near the place that sells the trailers/ motorhomes.

Edited by rumproast789

the AQ or the RF i dont like the bamf amp from PA but the series A i do like but still it cant be compared to the AQ or the RF!!

very true, power acoustik isn't really in that range of amps. I was just adding it in because it looked clean and didn't seem too bad.

anyone know the signal-to-noise ratio on the RF 2000?

You could wait a little bit and get a Sundown 2000.

omg

tell me more. How much longer would I have to wait? and 400$ on ebay for the t2000? I've seen that push easily 2800 rms and after my upgrades i'm sure my car can handle the power.

Contact sundowz on here for the eta of the Sundown 2000. It will be easier on the eletrical then the RF 2000.

If you have to buy now, get the RF, if you can wait the Sundown will also be a great choice.

well the PA is 100, the AQ is 90.

Wouldn't that make a difference in the loudness?

The pa is not rated at 1 watt, its rated at full power. so the signal to noise ratio on the pa at 1 watt would be 62.57db

Therefore it fails.

If you have to buy now, get the RF, if you can wait the Sundown will also be a great choice.

Love sundown amps, but the 3000 is a bit much out of my price range. I'm trying to keep this a little affordable, but not CHEAP. And I can wait. It says I get the sub this thursday, still have to install the batteries, get the wiring and install that, and build a box.

Does anyone know if I got the BTL fully loaded? I'm pretty sure it is, and was it smart getting it as Universal? I figured it would be better if it was optimized.

and to robclay, lmao. Thats so gay that they would overrate that too.... Okay so what about the AQ. How much of a diff would the AQ s-t-n Ratio be compared to RF, sound wise?

Edited by rumproast789

Love sundown amps, but the 3000 is a bit much out of my price range. I'm trying to keep this a little affordable, but not CHEAP.

Try db-r, they are as good as new just cheaper.

Love sundown amps, but the 3000 is a bit much out of my price range. I'm trying to keep this a little affordable, but not CHEAP. And I can wait. It says I get the sub this thursday, still have to install the batteries, get the wiring and install that, and build a box.

Does anyone know if I got the BTL fully loaded? I'm pretty sure it is, and was it smart getting it as Universal? I figured it would be better if it was optimized.

and to robclay, lmao. Thats so gay that they would overrate that too.... Okay so what about the AQ. How much of a diff would the AQ s-t-n Ratio be compared to RF, sound wise?

Sorry I meant, if you can wait for the Sundown SAZ-2000D. :)

I'd say you got it fully loaded and the universal option is just the D2 ohm gap so if you order the D1 you can switch to a D2 later if you wanted. IIRC the SAZ-2000D is slated for release at the end of the 1Q.

Hah, no you did say the sundown 2000. I knew what you meant, I just didn't type my thoughts up fully. The 3000 being out of my price range, I'm hoping the 2000 isn't out of my price range.

Db-r as in a type of brand?

and dang, end of quarter 1, thats a little longer than I am hoping to wait. It depends when I get the money and how it all works out. I'm assuming the sundown will be underrated, how much power do you think it will be able to push actually? and how much do you think it will cost

(sorry if thats posted somewhere, I think I'll do a quick search)

Edited by rumproast789

Hah, no you did say the sundown 2000. I knew what you meant, I just didn't type my thoughts up fully. The 3000 being out of my price range, I'm hoping the 2000 isn't out of my price range.

Db-r as in a type of brand?

and dang, end of quarter 1, thats a little longer than I am hoping to wait. It depends when I get the money and how it all works out. I'm assuming the sundown will be underrated, how much power do you think it will be able to push actually? and how much do you think it will cost

(sorry if thats posted somewhere, I think I'll do a quick search)

dB-r's website is down. They are the official repair center of Sundown, they sell new and refurbished amps. All come with a warranty.

If you're open to other ideas... the Crunch GP3000D would be a far better option than the Power Acoustik.

i'm with john, if you want cheaper power than sundown has to offer, the crunch or perhaps us amps are your choices. you can get 2 md2d's for ~$250 ea. i think the gp 3000d pro is ~$450. you get about 3kw @ 1ohm either way.