jlresonance

w6v2 v Fi Q?

Maybe someone could give me some useful advice.

I have two 12w6v2s in a sealed box powered by Planet Audio class D 1250 wtt amp dropped in a dodge stratus sedan. I want to upgrade to Fi 12" Q.

My question is, does the FI Q pound harder than the w6v2?

I know the w6v2 has a slighter higher spl db than the Q, but the Q can handle up to 1000 RMS as oppose to the 12w6v2, which can take up to 400 RMS.

I am planning on keeping th same sealed enclosure I have right now. But I just want to make sure the Q will hit a lot harder than the w6v2 before I take this step. The w6 gets loud, but I'm just looking for something LOUDER.

Anyone who has heard both subs, I would appreciate your advice.

Edited by jllow

Most definitely the Q can handle the rated power plus a little bit more fully loaded. I have heard the w6 in person, but I have not heard the Q. I was able to destroy it with my two 12 w3's. I think that the Q would satisfy your needs. I don't think that the w6 is in the same class as the Q either. I think that it is better matched up with the w7. I'd go with the Q

i still dont see how the q is a better driver than the q i wish someone could prove to me

Most definitely the Q can handle the rated power plus a little bit more fully loaded. I have heard the w6 in person, but I have not heard the Q. I was able to destroy it with my two 12 w3's. I think that the Q would satisfy your needs. I don't think that the w6 is in the same class as the Q either. I think that it is better matched up with the w7. I'd go with the Q

The W7 can lick my nuts.

i still dont see how the q is a better driver than the q i wish someone could prove to me

Most people wouldn't compare an Fi Q to an Fi Q :P

They are both great drivers...hands down.

The w6v2 is a low distortion sub that works extremely well in small enclosures. The w6 is one of the better sounding subs in my personal experience. Just a great speaker for sealed alignments.

The Q in most situations will give you more output however and sound really good too. Either way, I would consider it a win-win situation. Both are awesome sounding subs.

chiti mean the q is better than the w6

in short you get more out of the sub, while retaining the linearity that w6s are known for

Just Get The Q. It'll Rape A W7 When It Comes To Output. Let Alone A W6. And I'm Speaking From Personal Experience.

Very Strong Bottom Octave SQ Woofer. But, I'd Get The 15" If You Have The Space.

Maybe I Should Read Before I Post. If You're Getting 2 Q 12's, Then That Should Be Fine. I'd Think About A Different Box Though.

And Just To Clarify, The W6 Is Lightyears Away From A Q, Even In A Sealed Enclosure. I Had The Best Experience With My Q 18" In A Ported, Though. (I Had Three Different Boxes, 1 Sealed @ 5 cu. Ft., 2 Ported, One 8 Cubic Foot At 28hz And One 7 Cubic Foot At 32hz)

Just Get The Q. It'll Rape A W7 When It Comes To Output. Let Alone A W6. And I'm Speaking From Personal Experience.

Very Strong Bottom Octave SQ Woofer. But, I'd Get The 15" If You Have The Space.

You've obviously never tapped the true potential of the W7 then.

Sealed for sealed, you'll never get the single Q to outperform the pair of W6s.

agreed, 2 12's on 1000 > 1 12 on 1000, unless your box is really crappy.....but then you should be building a new box, not getting new subs.

Having heard both, I don't think you stand to gain an awful lot of output from switching. If you are going to compare the 1 Q to the 2 w6's the w6's will be louder.

Overall, W6 v. Q, I vote Q. :)

I'll take my Q anyday over any jl sub. Ive owned both, and both have been in various alignments

Appreciate everyone's feedback. Looks more like w6 might outperform the Q.

I was also thinking of the BL. I am thinking that the 12"w6 has no chance on the 12" BL.

w7 can lick my nuts.... i loved that.

OP, do you know you want? W6 vs Q vs BL...? A q will be incredibly louder than a w6 with very similar sound, the bl is a different league its not even supposed to be sealed its just made to be a beast...

The W7 can lick my nuts.

I'd love to see your reaction when you hear the one I heard...

This whole "lets bash JL because all the cool kids are doing it" routine is getting really old really fast.

The W7 can lick my nuts.

I'd love to see your reaction when you hear the one I heard...

This whole "lets bash JL because all the cool kids are doing it" routine is getting really old really fast.

I agree. JL Audio is all very good quality product. There is a lot more R&D that go into a JL product than most other car audio company. JL didn't make a name for themselves by selling overly expensive speakers, they made a name for themselves by making some of the best speakers on the market. I work with JL stuff all the time and I assure you it is all top of the line stuff with top of the line customer service.

JL has been providing good products and service since I started car audio back in 1991. I have had many personal experiences with their equipment. Anybody remember the W5 series? My favorite for detailed sound.

Meh, if I wanted jl i wouldnt be here. I have alot of experience with jl since 94, but there is way better product for the money elsewhere. And time has since told me to move on

Agreed Earthman.